Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

Knew we would send the Suns a future 4th

This does murky the waters a bit though because they sent back the picks in the 60s

atleast we have a Benning Bid covered now, which is great

I wonder if the AFL has changed the precedent on a salary dump? I'm not sure its obvious enough to call it that officially
It doesn't really have much value to the AFL to just flat bat a "salary dump trade" regardless. They are likely just wanting the discretion to veto them according to particular circumstance.

So you think Walls either didn't think this himself or did but didn't confirm with Mackie that #22 would be enough before pulling the trigger on both trades?

It's done imo. Mackie would have said #22 would get it done. If they re-neg on that then it'd spread through the AFL community like wild fire.
I see your point, it wouldn’t surprise me if Geelong messed around getting it done though.

We have likely stalled out Carlton progress I think?

Can't do pick swaps in the futures for Cerra now as we don't have any picks to give up
Nah, I reckon this is all basically done, just needs to be dragged out for theatrics now

There would be no reason to rush the Pies deal unless it was involved for Clark or Carlton.

19 may still go to Clark but the Pies upgrade is interesting.

I think the clubs are working together. We’re trying to help Carlton with a pick to land Young.

We seem to be forgetting Geelong would be more then happy to hold Clark to his contract, they hold all the cards here unfortunately. Pick 19 is in very real danger here imo and I personally still see pick 27 as a fair price for him, so I hope we walk away and take both 19 and 22 to the draft but I doubt we would.
You don't need to win every trade.

We have likely stalled out Carlton progress I think?

Can't do pick swaps in the futures for Cerra now as we don't have any picks to give up
Maybe we’re not swapping futures. We just receive a F2 or F3. As WTG said we might be throwing in a pick for this draft for Carlton to use for Young. We could give Carlton 61 and then Carlton offer 61 and 64 for Young giving them more points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um no chance. Helping the club that bid early on Henry? What benefit do we get in helping them? They want our player!
Wait and see. Might be a future 1st instead.
There’s no reason for pick 61 and 69 or to do Collingwood deal so quickly unless it completes other deals.

Im not saying bend over helping. But Carlton may have requested something to get their own other deals completed.

Wait and see. Might be a future 1st instead.
There’s no reason for pick 61 and 69 or to do Collingwood deal so quickly unless it completes other deals.

Im not saying bend over helping. But Carlton may have requested something to get their own other deals completed.
Yeah I can see us getting those two 60s picks so we can leverage something more out of Carlton. But the motivation is us getting more, not helping them.

Carlton will not see our #8, #19 or #22 though.

Oh nothing much. Just brought in the next Brownlow winner and next rising star draft selection for a packet of pixie dust.
Serious Jack & the Beanstalk vibes, and I'm here for it.

I've been saying the whole time that we have to disguise the trade and giving F2 and F3 or F4 for Brodie and 19 is likely enough to do that

F2 for Brodie and 19 doesn't disguise it at all, its a downgrade barring us finishing bottom of the ladder and even if we finished bottom its trading the pick for the same pick.

So yeah, IMO we have to disguise it and by doing that we have to trade F2 and one of F3 and F4, hopefully F4
Gold star for you sir. Spot on as it transpires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back