Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

they should have just stripped that concession from them altogether then
They probably should have. But like everything in the afl/w - no clauses
The concessions were a result of the shitshow of being entered on a week's notice for the first season. Actually a credit to both they've developed a competitive list quickly

The reason Hawthorn and Port signed three to Essendon and Sydney's one is because Hawthorn and Port had better players in their zones.

Absolutely.

If either Essendon or Sydney had Young, Brooksby and Goody in their zone I guarantee you they would have signed all three.

Reckon we're heading for another Crows v Lions GF. Would that be hosted in Adelaide or Brisbane? The Crows finished higher on the ladder but also lost their qualifying final. So does it go to Brisbane because they were victorious in the qualifying final or will it stay with Adelaide because they finished higher on the ladder?

Reckon we're heading for another Crows v Lions GF. Would that be hosted in Adelaide or Brisbane? The Crows finished higher on the ladder but also lost their qualifying final. So does it go to Brisbane because they were victorious in the qualifying final or will it stay with Adelaide because they finished higher on the ladder?
Brisbane. Positions were reset after W1 finals

Brisbane. Positions were reset after W1 finals
So Brisbane assumes the number 1 seed because they defeated the actual number 1 seed Crows in the first week of the finals? So it won't matter even if number 2/3 seed North are victorious next week? It's Brisbane's GF to host regardless of opposition?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Brisbane assumes the number 1 seed because they defeated the actual number 1 seed Crows in the first week of the finals? So it won't matter even if number 2/3 seed North are victorious next week? It's Brisbane's GF to host regardless of opposition?
No, NM is ranked first

So will be at Ikon Park if NM win, Springers if Brisbane win, Norwood if Adelaide win but Brisbane lose.

Nah it’s Flagroos year

Nah it’s Flagroos year
Not so convinced. Geelong are currently making Melbourne look like pretenders which makes North's win not look as impressive. The Crows are the real deal and North will have to be really switched on to beat them. So I'm tipping another Adelaide v Brisbane GF.

Not so convinced. Geelong are currently making Melbourne look like pretenders which makes North's win not look as impressive. The Crows are the real deal and North will have to be real switched on to beat them. So I'm tipping an Adelaide v Brisbane GF.
We nearly and should have knocked off crows away

Pretty confident we beat them at home

And then get a home grand final

Defense wins Premierships and I'm confident North's defense is good enough to keep Adelaide to a defendable total and do it again the following week.

To date every team has conceded at least 350 points this season, North has conceded only 222.

We nearly and should have knocked off crows away

Pretty confident we beat them at home

And then get a home grand final
Finals are different. Melbourne beat Geelong by 49 points in the H&A season and they just lost a close prelim to them.

Adelaide also happen to be the winningest team in AFLW finals history. I wouldn't be confident if I were you.

Finals are different. Melbourne beat Geelong by 49 points in the H&A season and they just lost a close prelim to them.

Adelaide also happen to be the winningest team in AFLW finals history. I wouldn't be confident if I were you.
I’m confident

This is our year

We will be the only team not to travel this finals series. The week off helps also

Stars are aligning

Correct, finals are different, and we showed last week we can play at a level that is good enough to win finals and maintain it for four quarters.

Our forward line is beginning to connect, our defense is superior to every other team, and I'll back our midfield against any other team in the comp.

I think we can go into the PF confident that our team is good enough to not only beat Adelaide next week but take out the GF at Princes Park the week after.

Now, we have to go out and do it. Go Roos.

Correct, finals are different, and we showed last week we can play at a level that is good enough to win finals and maintain it for four quarters.

Our forward line is beginning to connect, our defense is superior to every other team, and I'll back our midfield against any other team in the comp.

I think we can go into the PF confident that our team is good enough to not only beat Adelaide next week but take out the GF at Princes Park the week after.

Now, we have to go out and do it. Go Roos.
Fair enough. Probably should be pointed out that the travelling teams have done very well this AFLW finals series so even if you do get past Adelaide and win the GF hosting rights, Brisbane will be a very difficult opponent looking to improve their poor GF record.

Fair enough. Probably should be pointed out that the travelling teams have done very well this AFLW finals series so even if you do get past Adelaide and win the GF hosting rights, Brisbane will be a very difficult opponent looking to improve their poor GF record.
Technically we are travelling as well. :)

Yeah, the tram ride up elizabeth st. can be a pain
I’ve heard the nightmarish stories, some fans are lucky to have functioning limbs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back