News AFLW New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They've leaned into the blue too hard for the clash version. I know there aren't any white shorts in the AFLW anymore, and that's generally been a good thing for design and contrast purposes (surprisingly enough), but this just looks way too much like West Coast...

aflw-rd-3-gws-v-gold-coast.jpg

They've leaned into the blue too hard for the clash version. I know there aren't any white shorts in the AFLW anymore, and that's generally been a good thing for design and contrast purposes (surprisingly enough), but this just looks way too much like West Coast...

aflw-rd-3-gws-v-gold-coast.jpg
I don't understand why they've never gone with a yellow clash.

No white shorts in AFLW ever again, but yellow shorts last year for Richmond really did defeat the purpose.

And those cloud blue shorts would also struggle a little to do the job required.

Arsenal don't seem to have an issue with them. Surely a solution could be found
It's about comfort for the women playing.
There is no way white shorts will be used again in the aflw and wouldn't be surprised if this is done in the wsl as well.
I do wonder if more colours will be used in the men's but we will see

It's about comfort for the women playing.

Plus the potential for period bleeds during a game.

It's why the Wimbledon Tennis organisers changed the attire for the ladies/girls with regards to the banning of white undies.

Yeah... unless I have mistaken identity, I don't know how much more benefit we are going to get out of a bunch of blokes debating the merit of why women no longer want to wear white shorts during sports, let alone the efficiency of lighter colours in other circumstances.

I appreciate everyone has good intentions but considering there won't be any turning back with this 'rule', I'd prefer we focused on the designs rather than the practicalities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah... unless I have mistaken identity, I don't know how much more benefit we are going to get out of a bunch of blokes debating the merit of why women no longer want to wear white shorts during sports, let alone the efficiency of lighter colours in other circumstances.

I appreciate everyone has good intentions but considering there won't be any turning back with this 'rule', I'd prefer we focused on the designs rather than the practicalities.
The only debate from me is it clearly shows white shorts should be used less in the mens, the uniform matchup last night the perfect example of how much better it looked and actually reduced the potential clash further.

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFLW New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back