Game Day AFLW - Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Round 5 @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Found the game day thread

Seriously why do we not have a former men’s AFL player as our coach

Someone who can teach the basics of structure and ball movement

This is puss
Because a pregnant woman was better of course!

Might be time to stop listening to Holly Random and worrying about the optics and making the community proud vomit and actually get serious about this comp with a proper coach.

Until then I can’t take this shit seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The sooner Foley is not an automatic inclusion in this side, the better. All heart and no brain as a footballer, unfortunately.

I don't understand why the AFLW isn't broken into 2 divisions personally. I've been saying it for ages, and I know many disagree, but the season is absolutely pointless for more than half the comp. The draft means little. The number of games makes the comp incredibly unbalanced, the talent is incredibly unbalanced due to the rapid expansion and limited junior structure, etc.

For mine, make 2 divs. 8 games. Top 4 in div 1 play off for a GF. Bottom 2 of div 1 get demoted. Have a 2nd v 3rd playoff in div 2, to get promoted with 1st.

Creates more interest, more balance, etc.
100% , so many one sided meaningless games in this comp, promotion relegation would be great. The difference between the top sides and the bottom sides is ridiculous.

I realise I'm going to upset some on here, but here goes anyway :(

1. The lack of basic skills of the majority of the Port players in that first half was absolutely dreadful
2. Very few of them were prepared to straight line the ball even when they were in space, and under little to no pressure
3. Tinker Belle could make a tackle stick better than most of the half hearted attempts I saw in that first half
4. The team as a whole looks worse than it did when they came into the comp
5. After watching that last qtr debacle against Freo at Alberton I doubt we will see much if any real improvement under the current coach

2. Very few of them were prepared to straight line the ball even when they were in space, and under little to no pressure

Totally agree. Some of the efforts around the ball look like a bunch of players that don't actually want it, or have already considered themselves beaten at times. Just want to chase Guernseys instead. There was one moment with Syme on the half forward flank where it looked like everyone had just stopped.

1. The lack of basic skills of the majority of the Port players in that first half was absolutely dreadful
3. Tinker Belle could make a tackle stick better than most of the half hearted attempts I saw in that first half
4. The team as a whole looks worse than it did when they came into the comp
5. After watching that last qtr debacle against Freo at Alberton I doubt we will see much if any real improvement under the current coach
Agree '54. Regressed terribly last year and on the same trajectory this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it looks like we've regressed it's probably because we have. The team is younger and arguably less talented than it's ever been.

Phillips retires. Dunn having a baby. Cuthbertson ACL. Tahau ACL. Ewings, who knows what's going on. Young was supposed to be our boom recruit and won't play.

We're coming from a long way back and realistically we need everything to go our way to make any inroads against the good teams. We've just had too many setbacks from a personnel perspective to do that. We should measure ourselves by how we go against the bottom half of the league, that is a fairer comparison for us.

Yes. but a very tough draw having played 3 top 4 teams in our 5 games and no Tahau, Cuthbertson, Young, Ewings and Dunn. We are improving, albeit slowly

If it looks like we've regressed it's probably because we have. The team is younger and arguably less talented than it's ever been.

Phillips retires. Dunn having a baby. Cuthbertson ACL. Tahau ACL. Ewings, who knows what's going on. Young was supposed to be our boom recruit and won't play.

We're coming from a long way back and realistically we need everything to go our way to make any inroads against the good teams. We've just had too many setbacks from a personnel perspective to do that. We should measure ourselves by how we go against the bottom half of the league, that is a fairer comparison for us.

• Should beat Collingwood at home
  • Should beat GWS at home
  • Might beat Carlton at home next week?

St Kilda & West Coast are teams we’ve been very evenly matched with too, depends on how match they’ve improved this year.

You can really pick the clear and in some cases massive difference between the teams that have been around a while and the new teams.

Only 3 disposals, went for a tiny bit of a dash with one of them.

Not an easy start. Hope she gets a better run at home this weekend.

Honestly the AFLW scheduling is absolutely oingo boingo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFLW - Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Round 5 @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back