Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win!!!! Watched the whole thing at a crowded inner city Brisbane pub with literally 30 people facing one direction on the NRL screen and me in a weird corner facing the opposite direction at this screen.

Looked a lot stronger and better than I've seen them in a while. Good stuff!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very impressed today. Was worried with Turbo out, but we've recruited well and looked like we have some serious wheels.

Agree with observations that the standard of the women's game has risen again. Great to see, and managed to bribe my 4 year old girl with the promise of ice-cream to go watch them live - hopefully they'll be paying them well by the time she's donning the purple .

Brazill was fantastic. There was a piece of play where she directed O'Driscoll and shepherded, resulting in a clean exit form d50 and had us on the attack. Very impressed.

McCarthy was another; grunt in the mid helped fill in for Turbo, and very handy up front.

Tighe has always been a gun, just needed support.

Only one game , but thought we looked really balanced, hard at it, and quick across the ground. Had written this year off, but might be a few surprises with this lot.

Still shits me that they play whilst men's finals are on. Not going to grow the game doing that.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont watch as many AFLW games mostly only when Freo play.. but when I do watch one thing that stands out for me is Aine Tighe… how is she not the best player in the AFLW? Like even when I do watch other games no one stands out like she does in the forward line, let alone just in general?Can someone update me who may watch a lot more AFLW than me? Where does she stand among the best in the league ? To me she is a GUN and so much cleaner and one touch than the other players around her. Something good always happens when she is involved.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I dont watch as many AFLW games mostly only when Freo play.. but when I do watch one thing that stands out for me is Aine Tighe… how is she not the best player in the AFLW? Like even when I do watch other games no one stands out like she does in the forward line, let alone just in general?Can someone update me who may watch a lot more AFLW than me? Where does she stand among the best in the league ? To me she is a GUN and so much cleaner and one touch than the other players around her. Something good always happens when she is involved.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Aine is a phenomenon. An elite forward, but she could play almost anywhere and have a lethal impact.

The analysis of most AFLW pundits is so lopsided...Freo is always a barely considered afterthought.

AFLW pundits from the east regularly get stuck in stereotypes as soon as it veers away from their comfort zone. They rate our players with a lens stuck in years past. Like Antonio and Bowers are still our best players.

Aine is a phenomenon. An elite forward, but she could play almost anywhere and have a lethal impact.

The analysis of most AFLW pundits is so lopsided...Freo is always a barely considered afterthought.

AFLW pundits from the east regularly get stuck in stereotypes as soon as it veers away from their comfort zone. They rate our players with a lens stuck in years past. Like Antonio and Bowers are still our best players.
Aine is improving with more game. Still needs to practice taking some overhead marks and use her height more.

Coach made some good preseason movements of changing some players positions

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back