Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Had that chamberlaim moron out there which dropped the standard significantly.
umpiring is nearly always going to be lower standard at womens level as the best are taken to umpire the mens competion . more money

Same reason lowert standard of umprting at VFL, WAFL.SANFL,QFL.

Some good will stay local , but many will follow the money
Amateur leagues and lowest divisions in those too.

I also beleive the umpires are playing different interpretations in the AFLW, throwing the ball has always been interpretted differently to the men.

I truly believe we need to make the rule/interpretations exactly the same for both Men And Women

Choose which ever rule works best and write it into one set of rules

Junior football from U12s onwards is almost mirror image of the AFL rules so i dont see the reason for the girls to learn new rules

Junior football from U12s onwards is almost mirror image of the AFL rules so i dont see the reason for the girls to learn new rules
No it isn't.

People are fine adapting. I've generally found adapting to varying rules takes no time at all for most.

Had that chamberlaim moron out there which dropped the standard significantly.
I don't get the hate for Chamberlain.
I have watched a lot of football in my time and even now, I find him still to be one of the best decision makers in the game.
because he is different to all other umpires doesn't make him a bad umpire. He gives the players the respect, he deserves it back from the players.
Maybe annoying with some of what some see as preaching, but he makes the correct decisions far more times than most umpires.
He will only improve the standard of umpiring at W level.

Last edited:
I don't get the hate for Chamberlain.
I have watched a lot of football in my time and even now, I find him still to be one of the best decision makers in the game.
because he is different to all other umpires doesn't make him a bad umpire. He gives the payers the respect, he deserves it back from the players.
Maybe annoying with some of what sopme see as preaching, but he makes the correct decisions far more times than most umpires.
He will only improve the standard of umpiring at W level.
He as disgustingly bad yesterday though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon v Fremantle​

10 Aine Tighe (FRE)
8 Aisling McCarthy (FRE)
6 Mim Strom (FRE)
4 Georgia Nanscawen (ESS)
1 Ashleigh Brazill (FRE)
1 Hayley Miller (FRE)

Think Brazil was better than Nanscawen ( if Not Mim but it was her 50th. im not gonna argue that much). Owned her 1 on 1, and controlled the backline.

They did it once for a pre season game. Had the AFLW derby followed by freo vs wce practice match. I loved it. Great day out.
Yeah, I was there. It was a great day*. Saturday, nice and sunny, primo seats on the wing just behind the interchange — all things that do not often define my game day experience during the regular season.

It was great for a one-off, and I'd probably be up for it more regularly if I could have those same conditions all the time. Even then, it's a big chunk of weekend time to use up when there are other commitments (kids, household chores, etc.), and the costs of the associated consumption would add up too.

*except for the mass of injuries to the men's team

Essendon v Fremantle​

10 Aine Tighe (FRE)
8 Aisling McCarthy (FRE)
6 Mim Strom (FRE)
4 Georgia Nanscawen (ESS)
1 Ashleigh Brazill (FRE)
1 Hayley Miller (FRE)

Think Brazil was better than Nanscawen ( if Not Mim but it was her 50th. im not gonna argue that much). Owned her 1 on 1, and controlled the backline.
Nanscawen did get a stack of it and was hard at it. Played well against us the last time from memory too, kicked a crucial goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back