Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Has it ever been discussed the Miller loosing her captaincy thing? Voted by your peers out, whilst still in mid career?

Super awkward

Not liked? Ego?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did read somewhere that she not good with the encoruaging words. Very good leader but not gifted by words , leads by example.

Miller a great person to stay at club after being rejected by your team mates.

That why i chose her as my buddy. LOYAL.

Took the train down to see the girls yesterday (they are my 2nd side and also wanted to see the Crows in the flesh).
Man that was a frustrating watch.
Even in the last quarter I thought maybe Freo, on occasion, just please sink the slipper into the pill and get it forward.
Put some doubt into the Crow's behind the ball set-up but nup, persisted with slow, dinky little link-up kicks.
And Gaby O and Aine appeared to be the only ones who played with any energy and desire. There was little atmosphere at the game to begin with which is a bit strange for Freo Oval.
As an aside, I wonder if it is worth trying Mim as a forward.
She has great, quick hands in tight spaces and could be the type to set up the smaller, more agile types in those goalmouth scrambles.
Sad to say Ebony has been one of the greats of the comp and still has the smarts and toughness but she did look a bit off the pace. Hopefully like an old diesel she will eventually warm-up and start humming along.
The Crows just too big and quick.
And good.

Took the train down to see the girls yesterday (they are my 2nd side and also wanted to see the Crows in the flesh).
Man that was a frustrating watch.
Even in the last quarter I thought maybe Freo, on occasion, just please sink the slipper into the pill and get it forward.
Put some doubt into the Crow's behind the ball set-up but nup, persisted with slow, dinky little link-up kicks.
And Gaby O and Aine appeared to be the only ones who played with any energy and desire. There was little atmosphere at the game to begin with which is a bit strange for Freo Oval.
As an aside, I wonder if it is worth trying Mim as a forward.
She has great, quick hands in tight spaces and could be the type to set up the smaller, more agile types in those goalmouth scrambles.
Sad to say Ebony has been one of the greats of the comp and still has the smarts and toughness but she did look a bit off the pace. Hopefully like an old diesel she will eventually warm-up and start humming along.
The Crows just too big and quick.
And good.
Watching on tele, I was waiting for Freo to stop bombing the ball in at all times. It was frustrating to watch.Every time they long bombed it, it went straight to sweeping Crows back. It was no wonder their backs ahd I think over 20 intercept marks.
A big wake up call for the girls I reckon.

Watching on tele, I was waiting for Freo to stop bombing the ball in at all times. It was frustrating to watch.Every time they long bombed it, it went straight to sweeping Crows back. It was no wonder their backs ahd I think over 20 intercept marks.

You could be right re the long kicks as the perspective at ground level can give a different feel for the game as opposed to watching from an elevated position or on the box.
Felt they just messed around a bit in the final quarter when they had nothing to lose with a strong breeze.
Forgot to mention Ash Brazill had a crack and had some good moments.
Things can change quickly for Freo though.
My mob got embarrassed by the Roos Round 1 and managed to do something about it on Saturday.

Yeah, it was pressured hack kicks to Tighe in a 2 on 1 or straight up to the Adelaide spare for the majority of the game. The short kicking game was about the only time we weren't giving it straight back to them, but even that would come undone from pressure by about the third kick.

Adelaide were impenetrable. It was a frustrating watch after last week's solid win. The only consoling thought is that perhaps that performance is a sign that the Crows are the team to beat this year.

More Tuhakaraina & Verrier. Less Cregg & Lally.

I don't think I can keep watching if we don't provide Tuhakaraina with an extended run in the side. Regardless of the ups and downs. My gut feel is she needs to be given much more development opportunities. Much much more.
Lally is the least of our problems tbh

I can't take this comp seriously I am sorry.

Too many shit scorelines where teams can't score a goal or manage just 1.

It's just not good enough for a professional competition.

The standard should be better now and it isn't.

Lally is the least of our problems tbh
From a coaches, game play approach, I'd say it is exactly the issue.

It's less about the individual though and more about inherent approach to the game. Gaelic football (recruitment) is very illustrative of how newbies from different sports take it on. And specifically how they're likely to manage the contested ball (pre/during/post).

From a coaches, game play approach, I'd say it is exactly the issue.

It's less about the individual though and more about inherent approach to the game. Gaelic football (recruitment) is very illustrative of how newbies from different sports take it on. And specifically how they're likely to manage the contested ball (pre/during/post).
I mean, tux is from a rugby background and people seem to want her in

I don't think there is anything wrong with having Gaelic players, some of the best in the league are Irish

The problem is we don't have good enough players

I mean, tux is from a rugby background and people seem to want her in

I don't think there is anything wrong with having Gaelic players, some of the best in the league are Irish

The problem is we don't have good enough players
Again re Gaelic, less about individual players and more about a trend.

No individual is necessarily absolutely locked in by their conditioning... but strong conditioning is most likely to have impact the bigger the sample size.

AFL is right up there in the most contested stakes for ball sports. If not the most contested. The ball is rarely out of some reasonable degree of contest and the contests are less regulated and come from any angle.

It is easy to be seduced by the similarities of Gaelic and AFL. But (like soccer and basketball) the contest is highly regulated in GA. Gaelic (as with soccer, basketball and even League in some aspects) can tend to condition players to give up on the contest earlier, as well as be less urgent should they win the contest. And second efforts are less likely too. Mainly because of the high degree of protection/regulation of the ball carrier.

Approaching contests, being constantly ready for that challenge is much more innate to long term AFL players and coaches.

Arguably it's why those tennis players who have come across have adjusted to the game so well. In tennis it's very much down to you aggressively getting to the ball (eg the contest) and then once you've executed that contest, often then being required to immediately scramble to position yourself for the next.

Agree with that or not... switching back to the individual view...

Tuhakaraina always to love the contest and brings a frenetic energy to contesting the ball until it exits the area. Her pace is a weapon all of its own too.
It's criminal she's not being given every chance to develop that at the highest level (nevermind the lack of WAFLW at the moment).

I can't take this comp seriously I am sorry.

Too many shit scorelines where teams can't score a goal or manage just 1.

It's just not good enough for a professional competition.

The standard should be better now and it isn't.
at times i think they need to implement more rules changes to encourage scoring. eg, playing i ndesginated zones. Forward back middle then rotate positions at qtr time

Nahh better not treat them like U8s. U8s actually do score .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy with those changes

Don't know much about the hyphen but Verrier is a big in

I liked what Hetherington did a couple times last year, hopefully can have an impact
I went the Collingwood last year.

Hetherton went forward and provide a contest in the air in the last quarter. Stopped the Magpies from intercept marking and allow our smalls in and we made a rally in the late.

Tighe was tripled teamed last week and the Crows intercepted marks and therefore controlled the ball.

We need two tall targets in the front half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back