Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a heart breaking experience.

It was horrible.
My Grandparents had fostered or taken in for a period of time over 100 children by that point and my Grandma nominated by the foster organisation for Australia of the Year.
They never looked after another child after that and they weren’t the same.
It totally broke them.
All those years of looking after kids and putting everyone else before themselves and that is what they got in return.

Eddie Betts is a media identity not the king of indigenous people. What he said helps keep the story going. Who knows how our boys actually feel.
Absolute, of course only our indigenous boys themselves would be able to answer that.

There have been reports of North indigenous staff and players 'that had some discomfort' given the presidents public backing of Clarksons side of the story.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolute, of course only our indigenous boys themselves would be able to answer that.

There have been reports of North indigenous staff and players 'that had some discomfort' given the presidents public backing of Clarksons side of the story.

Get your hand off it.

No actual report just media speculation.

What is your beef with Clarkson?

You’ve been on an anti Clarkson crusade for a while now.

And your pig ignorant comments about Sonja not doing proper due diligence on Clarkson are disgraceful.

Honestly. **** off

I'd like North to come out and say:

"Having heard more details about the allegations and their context, and having had access to the report that alleges no incidents while Alastair Clarkson was Hawthorn's coach over five years from 2017-2021, and that all current and recently retired First Nations players feel culturally safe, we are fully confident in Alastair's ability to lead our football team while we wait for further investigations to take place. As such, we have asked him to prepare to start work on November 1st and to continue until such time as he requires leave to participate in an investigation designed to shine light on what occurred at Hawthorn."[/QUOTE]

I actually think this is pretty close to what will happen. The longer it drags on with no resolution in sight I think both Brisbane and North will back their coaches in. Especially if no verdict is in sight by the time the players come back from Christmas break.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if it's your intention but that just comes across as you not believing the allegations because some other indigenous kids lied once, which is pretty ordinary.

More skeptical on the full extent of the story than i flat out don't believe them.

Hard not to feel that way if you had seen what my family went through.

If that's ordinary so be it and if you could go through it and not feel the way i do then I'm happy to say you're a better person than me Doc.

Also this wasn't just kids.

Was a whole family.

More skeptical on the full extent of the story than i flat out don't believe them.

Hard not to feel that way if you had seen what my family went through.

If that's ordinary so be it and if you could go through it and not feel the way i do then I'm happy to say you're a better person than me Doc.

Also this wasn't just kids.

Was a whole family.

I’m actually surprised that with so many foster kids over the years there’s only 2 kids that went bad.

Some kids have gone through so much that by the time they’re in foster care they’re pretty messed up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m actually surprised that with so many foster kids over the years there’s only 2 kids that went bad.

Some kids have gone through so much that by the time they’re in foster care they’re pretty messed up.

There were definitely others that turned out bad and a couple aren't with us anymore but no one turned on my Grandparents like that.

The stories i could tell you of what some kids went through is truly, truly horrifying. Many, Many broken kids by the time they came to my Grandparents.

Small example.

Young girl of 8 years old had Tic Tacs in her bag, Grandma asked what they were for. Girl replied

"My stepdad makes me have them after i .... his ....""

You can work out the blanks.

And that story is one of the tame ones.

Horrifying.

Last edited:

Col Young on Clarko, expects him to be starting Nov 1
Timestamp? I can't listen to a guy that wears his suit in the bath for that long, it can only do me harm

COLIN-IN-BATH00210047.jpg

Eddie Betts is a media identity not the king of indigenous people. What he said helps keep the story going. Who knows how our boys actually feel.
Someone might want to tell Eddie that. He consumes his own bathwater by the tanker load these days.

Sent from my Google Pixel while shopping at Coles.

We cant wait 3 months to get this resolved let alone 6 to 12 months. If it is not resolved by Nov 1 we reinstate Clarko. If the AFL stop us we take them and every other MF to court.

Completely agree. I’d almost say now we have lost faith in this shambolic ‘process’ and given the way he’s been treated by Hawthorn we won’t honor the non compete and he starts tomorrow. Problem solved. What are the AFL going to do? Give us a sh$tty fixture?! They do anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Which the indigenous boys wont be.
Eddie said it on 360.
He believes the brothers.
Other indigenous boys will be no different.

Eddie isn't a player any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back