Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

@2.07, I really liked the bit where he said he had a supporters function to go to with Todd on the Friday, and he took all the players along, unannounced, loved seeing Pappy watch a win too.
I didn't like at all, tbh.

Because I RSVPd for the event and then didn't go.

Mind you, my 8yo got autographs from 20 players at the training session that arvo, so it was a pretty good weekend, all things considered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great interview and discussion - takes you back - what a great era.
You sort of take times like that for granted a bit, but lot of water under the bridge, our younger members i hear speak of the mid teen prelims . But the big dance is so much better, that 99 flag evening seemed to go forever, still remember bumping into jason mcartney on the street on the way home. Pre mobile phones, no one knew where anybody else was, it was a big day.

You sort of take times like that for granted a bit, but lot of water under the bridge, our younger members i hear speak of the mid teen prelims . But the big dance is so much better, that 99 flag evening seemed to go forever, still remember bumping into jason mcartney on the street on the way home. Pre mobile phones, no one knew where anybody else was, it was a big day.
The mid teens we hoped...the 90's there was expectation..it was electric.

My clearest memories of the 70's was '79. I'd love to hear more about it from the more "mature " folk....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I think it’s fair to say clarko lost us that game. Not what you want from such an experienced coach with such a young team. Perhaps he is rusty but if that was David Nobel releasing the tag on Daicos this thread would be in hyperdrive

Subbing decision was a curious one. I assume he thought Phillips would run out of puff (or already had) and that Shiels could do a decent enough job tagging like he did last week in the 4th when he did his own fair share of winning us the game.
Sidebottom had a great last qtr.
Shiels should have went to Sidebottom,
Phillips should have stayed on Daicos.. hindsight is a wonderful thing though

Clarko seems to have lost a bit of fluency in his speech. Seems to be regularly searching for words, whether it's in his pressers, or when he is chatting to the players during the week. I don't recall him being like that at Hawthorn.

Moron.

If Phillips wasn’t subbed I 100% believe we would’ve won.

Did Alistair Clarkson - who has dragged North from historically poor to opening 50 point leads on the reigning premiers - cost North victory?

I think it’s fair to say clarko lost us that game.

Who is the coach responsible for us getting a 50 point lead on the reigning premiers then?

Not what you want from such an experienced coach with such a young team. Perhaps he is rusty but if that was David Nobel releasing the tag on Daicos this thread would be in hyperdrive

1718594673748.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back