All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh, nothing will change. Finishing the H&A season strongly doesn't mean too much in September, especially with the pre-finals bye. I'm predicting a prelim exit (as is often par for the course for us).
1724612798986.png

This is Ken's best opportunity to coach Port Adelaide to a Grand Final and a Premiership. He'll never have a better one. Today's win for me showed they have the game plan that will hold up in finals now they have to take the opportunity. That's the challenge.
I had a discussion with somebody yesterday who said this to me and I really don't agree. I think we've played a worse game style this season than other years we've made finals. We've got key injuries and suspensions. Our forward entries are shocking. There's a LOT resting on JHF. I feel he's got us across the line so many times this season and we do something in finals this season it will because he's willed us over the line. Rozee and Butters would want to improve from last year's finals performance and Mitch would want a big game. I just can't see a premiership winning team having room for blokes like McEntee, Frank Evans and Josh Sinn (based on past performances).
Having said all of this, in the spirit of this thread, I'm all aboard. I want us to win. I've said it before, all Port Supporters just want to win. Everything is in service of that, no matter who's coaching. I'm not massively confident, but the will is there and we've shown great determination over the later part of the season.

Last edited:
We finished second, we beat the minor premiers by 112 points a few weeks ago. There is no one in better form than us, other than maybe Hawthorn, but they are coming from 7th. Only Hinkley and the loser culture he instaurated can get on the way of our second AFL flag.

Meh, nothing will change. Finishing the H&A season strongly doesn't mean too much in September, especially with the pre-finals bye. I'm predicting a prelim exit (as is often par for the course for us).
View attachment 2091906
I might live to rue this, but I think it won't be like 2020/21. I think if we beat geelong (which we should, no excuses) I don't think we'll f*ck up the prelim again. I reckon we'll at least make it this year, then who knows from there.

I might live to rue this, but I think it won't be like 2020/21. I think if we beat geelong (which we should, no excuses) I don't think we'll f*ck up the prelim again. I reckon we'll at least make it this year, then who knows from there.

I still worry about GWS and Brisbane in a prelim. I'd be much more confident against Sydney.

We finished second, we beat the minor premiers by 112 points a few weeks ago. There is no one in better form than us, other than maybe Hawthorn, but they are coming from 7th. Only Hinkley and the loser culture he instaurated can get on the way of our second AFL flag.
Kenny - The Instaurator!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can do this.

Six weeks ago, after losing to the Suns I didn't have us making the eight as I thought we would loose to Sydney, Carlton, Melbourne and Fremantle. Three of those games were away and three were hard fought wins. I was wrong and our guys are battle hardened and playing with spirit. We can do this and only those idiots who put their hatred for the Coach ahead of their passion for Port would see it any other way. GO PORT!

Gotta love a board who melted over being called fickle, going from "**** this club, I'm not following them till Ken is gone" to "OMG WE MIGHT WIN THE FLAG" once we finish top 2 :$
This board has been very consistent in its desire to win a premiership, to turn over every stone to do so and to hold those who fail accountable. Nothing has changed.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure who has our measure, probably the Giants when it gets tight and deep in the fourth could overrun us.

Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Sydney & Brisbane are still my main concerns as they can start fast and then hold us at arms length for the rest of the game.

Less concerned about Geelong but still respect them as they are a crafty bunch and can deny us the ball if our pressure and intent is not present.

Giants are unpredictable but can match us in the pressure stakes, its just who executes better on the day.

Carlton wont beat Brisbane at the Gabba in a finals setting. So they are no concern.

Not sure who has our measure, probably the Giants when it gets tight and deep in the fourth could overrun us.

Haven't lost a final quarter since the Gold Coast game. This team is running out games very well and consistently have won tight contests all year from all positions (leading, tying and from behind at 3/4 time).

It's all opened up, this is the year. Our hardest game will be the prelim, get over that hump and I think we will unleash the years of failure on whoever we meet GF day.
Things have definitely worked out good this year with so many sides struggling much more than we have.
In saying that you can only beat what’s put in front of you.
We had two horror finals in a row before we won in 2004.
Let’s hope we can put the past bad performances aside and win this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back