All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even surprised any more that some can’t join the dots between accountability and improved performance.

If we win the flag, everyone who held the club accountable deserves to celebrate just as much. If anything, they will have contributed more to that flag than the happy clappers.
Totally this. I didnt ever wish us to lose, didnt cancel my membership, didnt boo Ken & co, and havent sent any abusive emails to the club. But I have nothing against those who did. The "white noise" that came out from the dissatisfied supporter base, actually ended up a "loud noise," that should be recognized by the club and media (but wont) as being a catalyst to the improvement we have seen since.

I still remember a comment by a Crows fan at work in 2021, after THAT preliminary final that shall never be mentioned on this forum again. He said, "Adelaide will win a flag before Port does." If we do happen to win on September 28, stuff being humble - my verbal barrage will be unrelenting.
So you work with G*R*O*T*T*O 🤣🤣

The week of the booeing, something changed. Team seems like they realised they had to pull their finger out every week, like this week against Freo, that was old school PAFC to go over there and still win and give it to them and really enjoy sending them on holidays where this years team in the first half of the year would have been OK with just rolling over the line and losing by a few goals knowing 2nd was wrapped up. I haven't seen us like that for years and I like it.
100% correct, team has pulled there fingers out.
Ken is still as shyt as he’s always been.
Just like the Carr Transition bs last year, it’s for people that are away with the 🧚

Glad I wasn't on it...

train trainwreck GIF

Was nearly impossible with Houston without its not going to happen even though I don't like his lack of speed and athleticism.

Our coach is ken hinkley , never forgot this bloke is scared of his own shadow and thinks "finals are scary"

Told ya

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a fine line between optimism and delusion. Getting sucked in by Port without seeing evidence that the performance level can be maintained in finals feels more like the latter than the former. This thread is dead.

I mocked those in 2023 that began to fester some belief. Unfortunately I was in the same basket this time around in 2024. Not a lot of belief, but just a bit of hope. In fairness we did smack the top team by 20 goals, but that's on me. It shouldn't be unreasonable to do that, finished second, and think maybe you could win a final or two...

It's the hope that kills you.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You’re not kidding, last night I couldn’t even sleep I was that pissed off.
Finally dozed off at 430am, up 730am.
I’m feeling it’s better we don’t play finals, finish bottom half no expectations and no let downs.
It’s easy, clubs have been doing this for Donkeys ages.
They have there little wins throughout the season and don’t have to go through the embarrassment of last night ever.
Sounds piss weak but how can this team save there worst efforts continuously for there biggest games.
I’m still not sold on the change of coach can change this team.
Too much water has passed under the bridge for one person to go from disaster to glory.
People go on about how a new coach’s has changed other team’s fortunes so why won’t it work for us?
I’ll tell ya why it won’t work, because no team no matter how shit they have been has put in the shit performances like we have.
We are the masters of horror on the big stage.
Yes teams lose finals but no team can continuously destroy a season in 3 hours like we can.
We need a total clean out from top to bottom.
Nothing short of that will make bugger all difference.

The question mark has always been on the geniuses overseeing the operation, and whether they can prepare, inspire, deploy and move the magnets around to a sufficient standard so as we don’t get clowned when the whips are cracking.

Greetings from the future!

I think one thing we all need to remind ourselves of is that Port didn't get the monkey off their back until they did in 2004. Richmond would keep finishing 9th again and had no hope, until they won it in 2017. No one ever thought the Dogs would break their curse until they did in 2016. Even Geelong were so long remembered as bridesmaids losing all those grand finals, until they won in 2007 and built a dynasty.

The question that should be asked right now from everyone is, "why not us?"

There is nothing stopping Port from achieving the ultimate this year outside of the constraints they place on themselves.

And as a fan, we all should just be enjoying the ride. Been a crazy season - but the way they're playing right now is a brand that holds up in tight games against the best teams in the competition. And quite frankly last year they had all the ingredients until they burned out late with injury and fatigue. An extra pre-season and health has them primed to win it all in the next month.

In hindsight, I’m not sure this is funny, sad, or both combined.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back