All Australian Hawks - Only three Hawks in the 40 man squad ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Motlop??? Seriously, what the ***** has Motlop done all year?
Daniel Pratt??? Is this an eye-gouging soft **** team?
Mackie???? Looked ok in an outstanding team.
Fisher?? Good but not that good.
Simon Black??? Done nothing in the second half of the year.
Lenny Hayes and Daniel Cross deserve it less than Bateman as well.

M Hughton is a GUN!!!.. the best 1 on 1 defender in the comp. BAR NONE!! Ask Buddy Love who the best defender in the AFL is... M Hughton. Also played on smalls like P Medhurst and gave him a bath.. The guy is probably the most underrated player in the AFL

I know it's the Hawthorn board, but it's refreshing to see some honest objectivity in here.:thumbsu:

Motlop??? Seriously, what the ***** has Motlop done all year?
Daniel Pratt??? Is this an eye-gouging soft **** team?
Mackie???? Looked ok in an outstanding team.
Fisher?? Good but not that good.
Simon Black??? Done nothing in the second half of the year.
Lenny Hayes and Daniel Cross deserve it less than Bateman as well.
I suppose he's done nothing apart from his 57.19 from 21 games as a small/medium forward in a terrible side.

Open your eyes.

M Hughton is a GUN!!!.. the best 1 on 1 defender in the comp. BAR NONE!! Ask Buddy Love who the best defender in the AFL is... M Hughton. Also played on smalls like P Medhurst and gave him a bath.. The guy is probably the most underrated player in the AFL

I did ask Buddy - he said Croady was the best defender after playing on him in the allstars match.

- 3rd best forward line in terms of 'points for' in the league, and only our 100 goal CHF can manage nomination. There must be a clause that Pavlich gets picked on principle every year cos Rough is dead set stiff to miss out ahead of the Pav in 08.

Could not agree more. I'm convinced Pavlich's name is written down in February and only him missing the entire season would stop him from getting selected. He's been good this year, but Franklin, Fevola, Bradshaw and Brown have all kicked more goals, with Roughead only 1 goal behind him.

The other one is Riewoldt, he'll be in there too.

Could not agree more. I'm convinced Pavlich's name is written down in February and only him missing the entire season would stop him from getting selected. He's been good this year, but Franklin, Fevola, Bradshaw and Brown have all kicked more goals, with Roughead only 1 goal behind him.

He was selected because of his ability to play anywhere on the ground, but they have to list him somewhere and the forward line is it. There is no doubt there have been better forwards than Pav this year but no one can really question his selection just where he was selected for.

hahahahahaha, Pavlich deserves his spot. No questions asked. Roughead is one of my fave hawthorn players, and yeah maybe deserves a spot in there, but from one of the other guys not Pavlich, sorry to be bias but he is a gun.
Keep in mind he has to help carry a bottom 4 team, doesn't get the great service the Hawks midfield offer, gets pretty heavily attention (that buddy gets) so Roughead gets a bit less attention. I am not trying to have a crack at Roughead, just saying Pavlich deserves it. Look at the inside 50s. 101 to 25. Plus more marks, kicks, handballs. (had stats to back this up but it pasted weird)

Maybe Roughead in for Harvey, Harvey into mid for Cross (cross is a good player but hasn't had that great of a year).

Re: All Australian Hawks

Croad, Bateman & Roughead are very stiff not to at least get selected in the squad.

All Australian Selectors
Gerard Healy
Kevin Bartlett
Robert Walls
Mark Bickley
Rod Austin
Chris Mainwaring (replaced by Glen Jakovich)

This is why I don't read to much into it. They all hate Hawks pretty much. KB and Jako hate us with a passion. Walls and Healy only give Buddy credit. Maybe Hodge as well.

Shit panel, that needs to be expanded and not so Biased.

If I was a selector (and really, I should be), my Hawthorn picks would have been: Franklin/Croad/Hodge/Mitchell.

Roughead, while a star, has too much competition for the power-forward spots. Never a chance. Pavlich carries Fremantle on his own, the man is a superstar. Suprised that Brown & Bradshaw both made it, but I guess their stats are there.

Not sure how I'd fit Croad in, if we're basing it on the big backmen, but he should get a guernsey in the 40. That pasty bastard Hudghton gives me the shits, but I grudgingly admit he deserves it this year. Campbell Brown very unlucky, Bateman less so - struggle to find a spot for him. Maybe Cross's spot (although I'd have given it to Ling of course....), or Lenny Hayes' (very lucky to be in there).

Rioli was never, ever, going to get the small forward spot. Harvey, Medhurst & Johnson have had much better years, while Motlop has the goals on the board. (http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=10&pid1=479&tid2=11&pid2=2312).

Anyway, I understand the vitriol. Hawthorn would expect 4 & outside hope for 5. Hell, I expected Franklin/Hodge/Mitchell/Croad.

(Just don't suggest Rioli - there are other Hawks way more deserving)

agree mate - pratt is a joke, soft as butter..

changa was outstanding at the start of the year, by all accounts winning our b&f and the last few weeks he has killed it.

Roughie as well, very stiff

The three selected will be included though, certain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but, Morris and Hudghton have been awesome this year. Have a whinge about McPharlin instead.
Its Mackie Enright and Harley that sh1t me.
Put any of those 3 in a lesser side and we would hardly know who they are.

I dont think C Brown has had anywhere near as good a year as 07.
Croad def in squad.
Bateman worthy of squad but not 22.
Roughy's time will come.

Re: All Australian Hawks

Yeah what the hell. How is Daniel Motlop, or Robert Murphy selected, and Roughy doesnt get a thing?
Drew Petrie? Daniel Cross? BRETT KIRK?! Cmon, there are at least 3 or 4 better mids out there in the game then these 3.
Daniel Pratt? Dale Moriss? Max Hudgton? lol again, at least 3 better defenders out there. Where is Rutten? Brown? Croad?

Drew Petrie is in the squad as a ruckman along with Cox and Sandilands. As for Cross and Kirk there probably are at least 3 or 4 better mids, that's why they're in a list of 13 to be selected from (13 after the 3 rucks are taken into account.

Again with Pratt, Morris and Hudgton, yes there are 3 better defenders out there, they're in the squad of 12 to be selected from.

Who would Roughy replace from the 12 forwards in the squad? Riewoldt? Pavlich? Bradshaw? Brown? Franklin? or Fevola? There's 6 power forwards already that I reckon would be before him and there's only 6 spots up for grabs and that's not including the smaller types of Harvey, Motlop, Medhurst, O'Keefe and Murphy. You could put Roughy in the squad before one of those last 4 but he still wouldn't get in before the first 6.

I would have Hodge in the AA team as a HBF but why would he be there when he was a mid for the majority of the season? Perhaps his spot in the squad could be taken by either Brown or Croad.

Pfft.. Birchall is better than Mackie!

Bateman is unlucky too. He's been our best player on a dozen occassions this season and will/should poll a high amount of Brownlow votes.

Selectors are stupid.

Don't know if Birchall is better than Mackie but there's plenty of others I'd have in the squad before Mackie. Not a defenders a@#%hole.

I'm honestly surprised there's been so little talk of Bateman getting a gig. He's really been a stand out player this season, and if he'd played every game he would HAVE to be included in the squad.

Roughy and Croad were very stiff.

If those 3 aren't starting on the field at HBF, C and CHF/FF, then I'm walking to the docklands and burning AFL house to the ground. (As someone who works in the construction industry I'll help them rebuild it later, but don't tell anyone)

Enjoy your walk, lol.

I reckon Hodge will be in, Buddy (I'd have him out on a HFF, let him run, Riewoldt on the other flank and Pav at CHF) .I don't think Mitchell will get a guernsey.

Don't put any hard earned on it Diablo.

Buddy is the only certainty. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Hodge and Mitchell got left out (and in Mitchell's case - robbed) again.

Mitchell's problem is I'd say he and Bartel would be the 2 main contenders for the job in the guts.

On second thoughts, How did:

Riewoldt - 56 Goals

Get in, in front of:

Roughead - 66 Goals

But, like I said, good players will always miss out.

It's not solely goals, Riewoldt does a mountain of work elsewhere. I wouldn't have either Bradshaw or Brown in the final team, I'd have:
HF: Franklin Pav Riewoldt
FF: Medhurst Fevola Johnson

with Brent Harvey on the bench.

I reckon Deledio will nearly get the nod, I'd have him on the wing or maybe bench.
Disagree with Deledio, he wont get in

Roughead is behind Pavlich, Riewoldt, Fevola, Bradshaw, Franklin, Brown, He was never going to get a gig, Some of you guys have to be serious.

Bateman/Croad were definatly stiff,

Mitchell wont get in, His Problem is he's behind Bartel, And the last bench spot is between him/black/judd, and Since judd's the media "wonderboy" they wouldnt dare leave him out

Hodge/Franklin should slot right in, Mitchell a long shot for the Bench, I hope they do put Mitchell in, he;s been unlucky not go get a gig for the last 3 years

You guys should check champion data stats before running off your ill informed mouths

Hodge and Franklin are the only ones going to make it

You should be happy you have a young up and coming team with sustained success ahead

No doubt you will have more in the coming years

Saints have always had a few stars but wouldn't you rather be a hawks supporter than a bitter success starved saints one

You guys should check champion data stats before running off your ill informed mouths
Champion data is a great site when im picking my champion Fantasy sports team, but thats about where the usefullness of the site ends. See real life/and a bunch of times you touch the ball, what you do with the ball is what counts if your a good player or not.
Same Champion Data site which labels Franklin Average?

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian Hawks - Only three Hawks in the 40 man squad ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back