All Australian Team 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do opposition supporters think of Ryan Hargrave in the back pocket or flank. Has been equal to if not better than mackie, milburn, birchall, shaw. Shuts down small forwards and uses the ball well. One of our most consistent this year.

Glad someone brought his name up...i was a little scared to.

he has really snuck under the radar. If you look at his stats from mid-way through the year until around R18, he won a heck of a lot of the footy and was not beaten by any opponents.

Milburn has been ok but has had some quiet games to. Shaw has been average at times and Birchall has had many quiet games as well. Hargrave is a great option for a 4th defender.

Okay, sarcasm aside. Do you think Mackie is a genuine gun, or do you think his reputation is enhanced from playing in a champion team?

I think the latter. That's what I was trying to get at when I mentioned his game against Hawthorn. I wasn't judging him solely on that performance. He was okay, part of the chain, but no star.

mackie is a good B+ grade player,top 80 player

FB: Morris-Scarlett-Bolton
B: Enright-Bock-Milburn
C: Richardson-Bartel-Harvey
F: O'Keefe-Riewoldt-Porplyzia
FF: Medhurst-Franklin-Fevola
R: Cox-Ablett-Cooney

I: Harley-Selwood-Hille-Pavlich

Thoughts?

greetings to all of australian football fans. my name is abdul assad and i make journey move from city of amman, jordan to australia after 3 year and i become big fan of aussie rule as well as rugby. i would find introduction board, but it appear dead. anyway i think to introduce myself altho my english poor. my family experience hardship in amman and my father work enough to provide for us and now we enjoy ur life. i love ur game.

go sydney swan side go!!

greetings to all of australian football fans. my name is abdul assad and i make journey move from city of amman, jordan to australia after 3 year and i become big fan of aussie rule as well as rugby. i would find introduction board, but it appear dead. anyway i think to introduce myself altho my english poor. my family experience hardship in amman and my father work enough to provide for us and now we enjoy ur life. i love ur game.

go sydney swan side go!!

I find it hard that you can spell experience correctly but not your.

After much thought, this is my final team:

FB: Morris - Scarlett - Harley
HB: Birchall - Bock - Enright
C: Richo - Mitchell - Bartel
HF: O'Keefe - Franklin - Pavlich
FF: Medhurst - Fevola - S.Johnson
R: Cox - Ablett - Harvey

INT: Hille - Hodge - J.Selwood - Cooney

EMG: S.Black - N.Reiwoldt - Corey

Looks good.

Maybe put Hodge to the half back flank, instead of Birchall. Then whack Corey on the bench for Hodge and replace S Johnson with Riewoldt and it looks :thumbsu:.

Keep trying. Pretty bad.

Waite is the worst backman going around. Terrible player.

Yeah nah.......

Actually watched him? He's probably the best line-breaking CHB in the league, and he's only played there for about 30 games. He isn't as much of a stopper like Croad, but his attacking game is outstanding. Hawthorn is in dire need of such a player.

Anyone that doesn't have corey in the side and selwood atleast as an emergency needs to keep trying. Riewoldt should also be in ahead of Steve Johnson, while he has been good this year, I think those who haven't seen most of Geelong's games are remembering too much of his 07 form in the back of their minds, their have been many better this year.

Players like Boomer Harvey and Luke Hodge who are really midfielders/on ballers will be squeezed onto flanks this year as there are so many demanding midfielders. Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Mitchell, Cooney, Black, Richo, Selwood, Thompson etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah.......

Actually watched him? He's probably the best line-breaking CHB in the league, and he's only played there for about 30 games. He isn't as much of a stopper like Croad, but his attacking game is outstanding. Hawthorn is in dire need of such a player.

Good player. Emerging as a potential AA type defender no doubt. But not this year.

Corey deserves an INT gig i think. He's been solid, that's for sure. Don't think he would start in the 22 - this year's midfield group has been very strong.
start in the 18 you mean. fair enough, its a tough job.i'm quite confident selwood will get a gig though, even though i think he thoroughly deserves it, the hype around him is amazing. he's probably the second most talked about thing in the game behind buddy.

be nice guys, i dont get to watch every game.

B: Harley - Scarlett - Morris
HB: Enright - Bock - Mackie
C: Richardson - Mitchell - Bartel
HF: O'Keefe - Franklin - Harvey
F: Medhurst - Fevola - Pavlich
R: Cox - Ablett - Black
I: Corey - Riewoldt - Selwood - Hille

Cooney will probably end up getting in but I can't find a place for him. He probably should be in instead of Selwood, but the selectors stroking their knobs over Geelong will make sure they choose the latter.

be nice guys, i dont get to watch every game.

B: Harley - Scarlett - Morris
HB: Enright - Bock - Mackie
C: Richardson - Mitchell - Bartel
HF: O'Keefe - Franklin - Harvey
F: Medhurst - Fevola - Pavlich
R: Cox - Ablett - Black
I: Corey - Riewoldt - Selwood - Hille

Cooney will probably end up getting in but I can't find a place for him. He probably should be in instead of Selwood, but the selectors stroking their knobs over Geelong will make sure they choose the latter.

Corey>>Mitchell
S. Johnson>>Medhurst

Riewoldt + Mackie= OUT.

I'll give it a try, but without thinking too hard about it.

B: Bolton Scarlett Croad
HB: Hodge (vc) Bock Pratt
C: Cooney Kirk (c) Richardson
HF: Pavlich Franklin Didak
F: Harvey Fevola Medhurst
R: Cox Ablett Selwood
INT: Sandilands Mitchell Boyd O'Keefe

Wanted to include Steve Johnson, Jimmy Bartel, Jono Brown, Dale Morris and a few others but there are only so many spots. Went with Medders in the pocket purely because he has the most goals and I follow the Pies ;)

B: Bolton – Scarlett - Croad
HB: Hodge – Bock - Enright
C: Thomson - Mitchell - Harvey
HF: Pavlich – Franklin – C.Brown
F: Johnson – Fevola - Medhurst
R: Hille, Ablett, Judd
INT: Cox, Kirk, Boyd, O'Keefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back