All Australian team after 3 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

My attempt would be;

B: Dale Morris(WBD), Matthew Scarlett(GEE), Jarrad Waite(CAR)

HB: Brendon Goddard(STK), Craig Bolton(SYD), Lindsay Gilbee(WBD)

C: Leigh Montagna(STK), Chris Judd(CAR), Matthew Richardson(RIC)

HF: Daniel Giansiracusa(WBD), Jarrad Roughead(HAW), Steve Johnson(GEE)

F: Aaron Davey(MEL), Daniel Bradshaw(BRL), Mark LeCras(WCE)

R: Darren Jolly(SYD), Gary Ablett(GEE), Nick Dal Santo(STK)

INT: Josh Fraser(COL), Bryce Gibbs(CAR), Travis Johnstone(BRL), Brian Lake(WBD)

Stiff; Kane Cornes, Brendan Fevola, Daniel Rich, Shaun Higgins, Mitch Morton, Daniel Cross, Jobe Watson, Hamish McIntosh, Harry Taylor and Nathan Krakouer.

Its early in the morning. So cut me some slack, and I know its unconventional, but its been 3 rounds.:thumbsu:

Ill have a go too;

Gilbee Scarlett Bolton

Waite Fisher Griffen

Gibbs Judd Montagna

S.Johnson Kosi Chapman

LeCras Roughy Motlop

R: Cox Ablett Dal Santo
INT: Sandilands,Higgins - Only naming 2 on the bench too hard to decide anyone else.

Nice try but you're all not following the rules set by the almighty selectors.

1. Judd is an automatic pick and captain, even if he misses half the season.
2. Ablett,Cox,Pavlich,Goodes are also automatic.
3. At least 7 Geelong players must be included.
4. Fevola, Franklin, Richo and Brent Harvey.

My team:
FB: Newman Scarlett Gilbee
HB: Fisher Lake Griffen
C: Richardson Dal Santo Montagna
HF: Goddard Kosi Chapman
FF: S.Johnson Roughhead Lecras
R: Jolly, Judd, Ablett
Int: Cox Gibbs Drummond Higgins

4 Geelong
4 Bulldogs
4 Saints

Sprinkling of the rest

Scarlett does not deserve his spot.

He is a gun yes, but as this is after the first 3 rounds of this year, he has not done enough to warrant that full back post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My attempt would be;

B: Dale Morris(WBD), Matthew Scarlett(GEE), Jarrad Waite(CAR)

HB: Brendon Goddard(STK), Craig Bolton(SYD), Lindsay Gilbee(WBD)

C: Leigh Montagna(STK), Chris Judd(CAR), Matthew Richardson(RIC)

HF: Daniel Giansiracusa(WBD), Jarrad Roughead(HAW), Steve Johnson(GEE)

F: Aaron Davey(MEL), Daniel Bradshaw(BRL), Mark LeCras(WCE)

R: Darren Jolly(SYD), Gary Ablett(GEE), Nick Dal Santo(STK)

INT: Josh Fraser(COL), Bryce Gibbs(CAR), Travis Johnstone(BRL), Brian Lake(WBD)

Stiff; Kane Cornes, Brendan Fevola, Daniel Rich, Shaun Higgins, Mitch Morton, Daniel Cross, Jobe Watson, Hamish McIntosh, Harry Taylor and Nathan Krakouer.

Its early in the morning. So cut me some slack, and I know its unconventional, but its been 3 rounds.:thumbsu:

Paul Chapman just not impressive enough for you I guess?

Absolutely murdered your lot. Hes in the side cos hes by far the best kicker of the football in the league atm as far as midfielders go. Averaging 24 disposals and a goal a game. Sneaks in IMO

Easily the worst post on this entire forum and it's history....

STANTON = SH!T.... James Hird should go out onto the field strip him of his jumper and then punch him in the seeds so he can never reproduce....

peace

Jacky

Got a feeling the make up of the team is already taking shape. For me it will look like this with those in bold near on certainties to be there by the end of the year

FB: Morris Scarlett Fisher
HB: Guerra Lake McLeod
C: Montagna Judd Bartel
HF: Riewoldt Brown Chapman
FF: Motlop Koschitzke LeCras
R: Cox Ablett Stanton
I/C: S.Johnson Murphy Porplyzia Sandilands

Fevs done well so far and is harsh to miss out but hes had a easy time of it with not much in the way of high calibre opponents. Cyril Rioli also harshly done by, could come in for Motlop I guess. Cant see any less then 4 Cats in there by the end of the year. Ablett and Chapman the two most likely. Montagna is in scary good form. Would be leading the Brownlow possibly at this stage along with Judd. Rest are self explanatory I feel.

Having guerra in the side, even forgetting that you bolded him as a certainty is quite funny considering the players who play similar that he isn't fit to tie the boot laces of; Gilbee, Drummond, Adcock, Newman, Waite etc And McLeod, he has played 1 good game and 2 poor games:confused:

Absolutely murdered your lot. Hes in the side cos hes by far the best kicker of the football in the league atm as far as midfielders go. Averaging 24 disposals and a goal a game. Sneaks in IMO

You are either taking the piss or a complete idiot, he gets the ball fine his problem is that he can't kick, he is only marginally better the Watson and Cross.

Interesting to see that the OP had Fisher and Montagna in and not Dal Santo and Gilbert.

Sam Fisher: 67 disposals, 19 contested, 81% efficiency. 25 marks, 1 contested. 12 rebound 50s.
Sam Gilbert: 62 disposals, 21 contested, 85% efficency. 27 marks, 4 contested. 20 rebound 50s.

Leigh Montagna: 75 disposals, 26 contested, 69% efficiency. 9 clearances, 14 inside 50s, 25 tackles. 2 goals, 2 score assists.
Nick Dal Santo: 93 disposals, 34 contested, 76% efficiency. 16 clearances, 19 inside 50s, 11 tackles 3 goals, 4 score assists.

Also, Goddard doesn't play in defence anymore. He's been playing as a midfielder except for one quarter spent up forward.

My team so far:

FB: Josh Drummond - Brian Lake - Sam Gilbert
HB: Lindsay Gilbee - Craig Bolton - Chris Newman
C: Leigh Montagna - Chris Judd - Matthew Richardson
HF: Marc Murphy - Jarryd Roughead - Steve Johnson
FF: Marc LeCras - Brendan Fevola - Daniel Motlop
OB: Darren Jolly - Nick Dal Santo - Gary Ablett

I'm not doing an interchange until much later in the year.

Scarlett does not deserve his spot.

He is a gun yes, but as this is after the first 3 rounds of this year, he has not done enough to warrant that full back post.

ok, that's your call.
What hasn't he done? And who takes it off him?

If you are forced to pick an all australian team after round 3 I think full back is almost the easiest position to lock.
Due to that, he is in the first 5 picked. And will be at the end of the year.

So far.....maybe....... :)
FB; Griffen Scarlett Fisher
HB: Lake Green Goddard
C: Montagna Judd Bartel
HF: Power Koschitzke Chapman
FF: Motlop Roughhead S Johnson
R: Jolly Ablett Dal Santo
I/C: Cox Murphy Goodes Higgins

But the end of the year will be more like;

FB; Glass Scarlett Fisher
HB: Hodge Griffen Goddard
C: Goodes Judd Bateman
HF: Pavlich Koschitzke Chapman
FF: Roughhead Fevola S Johnson
R: Jolly Ablett Bartel
I/C: Cox Murphy Cooney Cross

You are either taking the piss or a complete idiot, he gets the ball fine his problem is that he can't kick, he is only marginally better the Watson and Cross.

You're confusing his kicking action with what he actually he does with it.

Kicked a fantastic set shot from 45m out Saturday night with 2 minutes to go under enormous pressure which plenty of other players with better kicking actions woould have missed.

I would have a safe bet that if you were doing a meters gained to efficiency ratio, Stanton would be right up there with the leaders.

You're confusing his kicking action with what he actually he does with it.

Kicked a fantastic set shot from 45m out Saturday night with 2 minutes to go under enormous pressure which plenty of other players with better kicking actions woould have missed.

I would have a safe bet that if you were doing a meters gained to efficiency ratio, Stanton would be right up there with the leaders.

To take a good quote here : "Sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while... Anybody can win the lotery... Know what i'm sayin"

He just makes terrible decisions... and just doesn't seem footy smart.. Where to run and things like that... Alot of my mates who barrack for Essendon cringe when he has it...

peace

Jacky

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian team after 3 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back