Time for an update.

FB: C.Hooker D.Talia B.Smith
HB: M.Hibberd E.Mackenzie N.Malceski
C: T.Rockliff S.Pendlebury T.Boak
HF: J.Bartel L.Franklin B.Harvey
FF: L.Breust J.Schulz R.Gray
Ruck: A.Sandilands G.Ablett(c) J.Kennedy
Int: S.Jacobs N.Jones N.Fyfe D.Beams

good team, I like the Goddard inclusion, has been instrumental in our wins. 3/6 bombers players in that backline doe, think Nick Smith or Malceski have been better than Hibberd, who definitely should be in the squad, or even Burgoyne.

Goddard has been outstanding! He'd be polling well in the Brownlow too considering his influence in your wins. 26 disposals and 3 goals vs North Melbourne, 20 disposals and 2 goals vs Carlton, 22 disposals and 1 goal vs Western Bulldogs, 30 disposals and 1 goal vs Brisbane, 30 disposals vs Richmond, 32 disposals and 1 goal vs Adelaide.

3/6 Essendon players does look a little odd although I'm comfortable with each selection. 4th ranked defence in the competition (PA), and all three have had excellent year's. Hooker is an automatic selection while Hibberd has been slightly better than those you mentioned, IMO.

Last edited:
B: M. Johnson, D. Talia, K. Simpson
HB: B. Smith, C. Hooker, S. Burgoyne

C: B. Harvey, J. Kennedy, S. Pendlebury

HF: P. Dangerfield, L. Franklin, L. Breust
F: C. Wingard, T. Hawkins, J. Shults

R. A. Sandilands, D. Beams, G. Ablett

I/C: L. Parker M. Hibberd, R. Grey, B. Goddard

Has David Mundy a chance to be selected? Has got coaches votes i think 8 times. Rarely plays a bad game if at all. Is an elite user of the ball. Has been an elite performer for years and he has been our best finals performer the last 2 finals series including Norm Smith votes in last years gf. So he has been consistent/deserving over a long sample, yet he is not even rated as an interchange option by hardly anyone. Not surprised though . Even our best and fairest last Year Nathan Fyfe could not make All australian last year. No media profile does not help Mundy's cause

Has David Mundy a chance to be selected? Has got coaches votes i think 8 times. Rarely plays a bad game if at all. Is an elite user of the ball. Has been an elite performer for years and he has been our best finals performer the last 2 finals series including Norm Smith votes in last years gf. So he has been consistent/deserving over a long sample, yet he is not even rated as an interchange option by hardly anyone. Not surprised though . Even our best and fairest last Year Nathan Fyfe could not make All australian last year. No media profile does not help Mundy's cause

Mundy is having a very good year, but to make AA midfield you need to have a great year because it's hard to see who he could replace. He generally has a stronger second half of the year, so he could still make it.

B: M. Johnson, D. Talia, K. Simpson
HB: B. Smith, C. Hooker, S. Burgoyne

C: B. Harvey, J. Kennedy, S. Pendlebury

HF: P. Dangerfield, L. Franklin, L. Breust
F: C. Wingard, T. Hawkins, J. Shults

R. A. Sandilands, D. Beams, G. Ablett

I/C: L. Parker M. Hibberd, R. Grey, B. Goddard
In what world does Kade Simpson play back pocket?

In what world does Kade Simpson play back pocket?
This is AA remember, they put mids at HB and HB's at BP ;) Anyway:

FB: A Carlile -D Talia - M Hibberd
HB: B Smith - C Hooker - N Malceski
CC: B Goddard - T Boak - S Pendlebury
HF: R Gray - L Franklin - L Parker
FF: J Schulz - T Hawkins - L Bruest
RR: A Sandilands - G Ablett - JP Kennedy
IC: P Dangerfield - N Jones - D Beams - T Rockliff

jack-hombsch.png

Thread needs more Jack Hombsch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nat Fyfe gets underrated in every AA squad, 4th in the coaches votes after missing 2 games and half the sides have Dangerfield in over him.
Dangerfield in everyones squad base on reputation only. Has really not earned a spot this season ahead of a lot of the guys he is getting in ahead of. Fyfe every day of the week and twice on sundays.

This is AA remember, they put mids at HB and HB's at BP ;) Anyway:

FB: A Carlile -D Talia - M Hibberd
HB: B Smith - C Hooker - N Malceski
CC: B Goddard - T Boak - S Pendlebury
HF: R Gray - L Franklin - L Parker
FF: J Schulz - T Hawkins - L Bruest
RR: A Sandilands - G Ablett - JP Kennedy
IC: P Dangerfield - N Jones - D Beams - T Rockliff
You can't be serious? No where near this year

Also where is Fyfe

Dangerfield in everyones squad base on reputation only. Has really not earned a spot this season ahead of a lot of the guys he is getting in ahead of. Fyfe every day of the week and twice on sundays.
And like putting mids on all the flanks and HBF into the pocket, this wouldnt surprise me if the actual AA selectors did just rely on reputation

You can't be serious? No where near this year

Also where is Fyfe
I am serious. Averaging 24 touches (15 contested), 1.5 contested marks (8th in AFL), 6 clearances and 1 goal/game. His possession count is down but he's kicking goals which gives him an edge.

Take your Port glasses off. Fyfe was an oversight

I am serious. Averaging 24 touches (15 contested), 1.5 contested marks (8th in AFL), 6 clearances and 1 goal/game. His possession count is down but he's kicking goals which gives him an edge.

It's not coz I am a port fan, I am happy to admit when crows players have AA years (Smith and talia are in my side ATM with sauce pretty close as well). It's the fact that his reputation is the only reason why people are putting him in. Had a shocking start to the year, then played 4 great games and ever since that he has been playing with injuries and/or just inconsistent. Better mids this year that are more deserving (aka the man mentioned above: fyfe)

Plenty of other players who have put in better seasons to date than Dangerfield. Fyfe, Ward, Liberatore, B.Harvey, Prestia... even from his own team Sloane is having a better season.

Watch games, his impact is down drastically. He's miles off the team.

Even though we are having a completely shit year, i cant believe how little Dustin Martin is being mentioned. He has put together a great year so far and he is only getting better as the year goes on.

Mundy is having a very good year, but to make AA midfield you need to have a great year because it's hard to see who he could replace. He generally has a stronger second half of the year, so he could still make it.

He's also be behind Fyfe, Barlow and possibly even Hill in terms of Freo mids IMO. Barlow is flying under the radar and likely won't make it but he's been excellent this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian thread 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back