All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear VAFA are reconsidering due to insurance issues/

The O&M have confirmed a start awaiting government guidelines confirmations. How smart to have Clubs and the League awaiting details and confirmations before canning any season. Whilst there is still a chance it may not go ahead Clubs can plan and be active.
I thought insurances covered from November to October in a 12 month cycle?

The O&M have confirmed a start awaiting government guidelines confirmations. How smart to have Clubs and the League awaiting details and confirmations before canning any season. Whilst there is still a chance it may not go ahead Clubs can plan and be active.

Involved in VAFA and this has not been raised at club level. Last correspondence was insurance not a contributing factor to VAFA decision.
- Any players looking to play in VAFA (should it go ahead in 2020) will be by permit ONLY for this season - will still be registered to their current NFNL club come 2021 season.
- No limit on number of players who can join a VAFA club from other competitions
- Usual points system in play for players ie: cap on points dependent on division you play in.
- Suggested start date 25th July with VAFA to make a decision on a season after Monday 22nd June meeting.
- All clubs will have the individual option to play or not after assessing health & safety protocols and financial viability.
- Relegation and promotion still being discussed - usually two teams up and two teams down.
- VAFA have charged all clubs 25% affiliation fees already - even if season cxld after Mondays meeting

Cheers Chump.

Marsh (formerly JLT Insurance) are including COVID in their AFL National Risk Protection Program

Question as I’m battling a bit with a junior query I received midweek.

Given the compliance measures our clubs are being asked to implement, meet and adhere to to be even a “chance” to be allowed to resume ... would it be wise for Kids registered at one junior club to train with another?

Considering all information is around health protocols etc. we’ve been asked to have Covid19 volunteers to tick off attendances of registered players and the like, is it the wisest thing?

Is there Potential to jeopardise everything by simply not being “smart” during the current climate

Hindsight call.

What harm was there in waiting until next week?

24 hours ago it was a brave call by other leagues to push ahead
Brave or foolish?. I think the latter, there are absolutely no guarantees or concrete guidelines with this bloody virus, the comp made the 100% right call calling it off when they did, elevating pressure from the clubs and not getting everyone’s hopes up, leaving everyone able to move on from footy and rest and gear up for a massive 2021. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Brave or foolish?. I think the latter day, there are absolutely no guarantees or concrete guidelines with this bloody virus, the comp made the 100% right call calling it off when they did, elevating pressure from the clubs and not getting everyone’s hopes up, leaving everyone able to move on from footy and rest and gear up for a massive 2021. Just my opinion.

To tell you the truth if people around the state continue to just not listen and gather at other families houses when they were told to self-isolate you can't fully guarantee 2021 yet.

Was always the right call - could you imagine the backlash towards a player if he or she played asymptomatic and passed it on to players from both teams, who then pass it on to their families + workplaces? It'd be a disaster. Look at the reaction to McKenna getting it. A positive case would do so much damage both in terms of controlling the cases and mental health and you can't guarantee safety.

We don't have anywhere near the access to the tests the AFL gets. Hell if we went ahead with training we wouldn't have had a clue when we were allowed in our own rooms. It sucks that we don't get to play footy but I truly believe sanity prevailed here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely juniors in jeaopardy too?

I contacted NFL about a concern I have as a parent on Friday, and await a reply via the right channels before I even contemplate allowing my kids to return to train, let alone fulfilling my initial role as a squad coach.

Still too much grey for me, as highlighted in a few posts up - hard for kids to be repsonsible when adults cant be.

Surely juniors in jeaopardy too?

I contacted NFL about a concern I have as a parent on Friday, and await a reply via the right channels before I even contemplate allowing my kids to return to train, let alone fulfilling my initial role as a squad coach.

Still too much grey for me, as highlighted in a few posts up - hard for kids to be repsonsible when adults cant be.
Totally agree with your thoughts , but I wouldn’t hold my breath on getting a quick reply on a question that surely needs an urgent reply or clarification .. good luck

Totally agree with your thoughts , but I wouldn’t hold my breath on getting a quick reply on a question that surely needs an urgent reply or clarification .. good luck
Got a short reply saying clubs involved had been in contact with each other ... although I thought that strange considering I never mentioned clubs or coaches names but asked as merely a confused parent seeking guidance and/or clarification

However I do appreciate it as I’m a no one and they’d be getting smashed right now

Last edited:
Got a short reply saying clubs involved had been in contact with each other ... although I thought that strange considering I never mentioned clubs or coaches names but asked as merely a confused parent seeking guidance and/or clarification

However I do appreciate it as I’m a no one and they’d be getting smashed right now
Suppose I wouldn’t expect anything else other than what you asked for 😂good luck with it all

Suppose I wouldn’t expect anything else other than what you asked for 😂good luck with it all
No luck required as it certainly wasnt about me as I'm probably not returning anyway, I just wanted some thoughts as to how it sat in peoples eyes, in a position greater than a sceptical parent.

It was more the aesthetic look across two clubs and the league given what all families and volunteers have been asked to adhere to regarding compliance etc to at this point even be a "possible" chance of a game of football for the kids .... and then a coach from another club rings players (which normally would be sweet), asks them along, the unregistered player rolls up trains and the other club and it's families were ok with it too.

Any wonder us all around the northern fringe are being placed on notice, a few blase attitudes may stuff it for the majority trying to listen to protocols. That was all - it's confusing to me that given all the warnings, infomation etc that (1.) this has occured and (2.) that I'm the only one that appears confused by all this.

Last edited:
No luck required as it certainly wasnt about me as I'm probably not returning anyway, I just wanted some thoughts as to how it sat in people eyes in a position greater than a sceptical parent.

It was more the aesthetic look across two clubs and the league given what all families and volunteers have been asked to adhere to regarding compliance etc to at this point even be a "possible" chance of a game of football for the kids .... and then a coach from another club rings players (which normally would be sweet), asks them along, the unregistered player rolls up trains and the club and it's families were ok with it too.

Any wonder us all around the northern fringe are being placed on notice, a few blase attitudes may stuff it for the majority trying to listen to protocols.
That was all - it's confusing to me that given all the warnings, infomation etc that this has occured and I'm the only one that appears confused by it
Fair enough too, you are entitled to ask the hard questions but if you cant clarity from the powers that be what hope have we got. Its getting to the point now where I think its too late. But dont want to see kids miss out

I have a general historical question which relates back to the days of the Diamond Valley League.
Does anyone know the first name of R. Wiseman who played for Diamond Creek in the mid 1960s? Also, does anyone know the first name of N. Jordan of Heidelberg from the same era?

I have a general historical question which relates back to the days of the Diamond Valley League.
Does anyone know the first name of R. Wiseman who played for Diamond Creek in the mid 1960s? Also, does anyone know the first name of N. Jordan of Heidelberg from the same era?
Robbie Wiseman
Neil Jordan

Please all stay safe and healthy. If you are affected due to the lockdown make sure you reach out for support.

A local football club has so many wonderful people willing to be there for you, sometimes it may surprise you. I have been around the Valley for many years and every Club has people willing to be there for their people. A place that will be there for their members and supporters.

As someone that works in and with people that suffer from mental health issues these next two months will push many to limits they may not be able to cope with. If you need a chat there is no better place than your local footy club. If you can, let that others know you can help. Sometimes an ear is all people need or even knowing someone will be there helps.

I am also more than happy, if anyone here wants a chat, please PM me here. We can talk sh!t here and some banter etc but this is a group of like minded people so, even anonymously do not hesitate to drop me a line.

https://www.ruok.org.au/ follow this link for the best info you could find.

All we can do is look after ourselves, our family and friends and look towards season 2021, man I miss local footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back