All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it was planned at all (the referee inexplicably stopping the 3 count is pretty compelling evidence of that). More likely Mox calling an audible, Knox didn't recognise it, re-did the move to justify the 3 count.

Other people are jumping at shadows RE the piledrivers, they looked fine.

I just assume he was expecting a kick out at that moment, but Mox didn't move the shoulder because he knew it was the planned finish.

You can even see Mox say something, likely 'do it again'.

Will be interesting to see what comes out about this, but looked like a planned title switch to me.

I just assume he was expecting a kick out at that moment, but Mox didn't move the shoulder because he knew it was the planned finish.

Will be interesting to see what comes out about this, but looked like a planned title switch to me.

If it was the planned finish the referee isn't going to randomly pause the count... Mox would have told Fenix to do it again to sell the finish, and Knox would have clued on at that point.

Can easily work it into an angle, with the BCC now losing their gold.

apparently it wasn't...?

Haven't been able to catch up on Kayo, but the drivers looked ok-ish.

Reading online, seems like he was potentially concussed earlier?

Moxley isn't my style of wrestler, but I never doubt that he gives 100% absolutely for the fans. Sadly for his long term health that isn't the best option.

Hopefully he finally has a long well earned break and can hopefully wind down and work a lighter schedule and toned down style when he returns.

Hope Cole is ok as well. Guy can't catch a break.

I think both Mox and Cole's injuries happened in similar ways.

Pretty sure Mox's was when Fenix ran off the walkway into him outside the ring. Potentially the move before also (maybe hit his head on the walkway itself), but it was definitely before the match officially started. But he was 100% out of it trying to get into the ring to start the match.

I don't think it was a planned finish, though Fenix is my fave wrestler, so I'm happy he's got singles gold, he deserves it!

Cole ran and jumped off the walkway to the floor, probably landed wrong cos the was limping after that. I stupidly did something similar in my younger years off a loading dock, about a 1.8m drop, and it hurt my hip more than anything, and was limping for like an hour afterwards!

Toni is becoming the best thing on the show.

Sadly they released a crappy t-shirt of hers this week - I'll be keeping an eye out for a decent one. Just the pose from today in black and white would be amazing.

The Rick Knox botch was so bad. Your job as the ref is to protect the wrestlers, he did the opposite, he put Mox in greater harm.

Cole ran and jumped off the walkway to the floor, probably landed wrong cos the was limping after that. I stupidly did something similar in my younger years off a loading dock, about a 1.8m drop, and it hurt my hip more than anything, and was limping for like an hour afterwards!

I did something similar as well and very innocuous, and ended up tearing a ligament in my ankle. Hopefully nothing too serious and just a sprain at worst.

Rewatch the ending of the match again man that is downright embarrassing. The referee looking at his shoulders and just clean stopping the count and then the commentators trying to say he twitched 😂

I know accidents happen but far out you can’t just stop the count dead unless your a Nick Patrick style referee.

Given that Mox was dead still in the middle of the ring, it was a really bad moment, and it's why referees are generally told to shoot count.

Referees and commentators are the most important element of your product in terms of allowing fans to suspend disbelief and get invested, you can't have your referees losing their credibility like that, and your commentators shouldn't be putting their credibility on the line to try and cover for it.

Why re-do the move?

It looked like it was the planned finish and Rick Knox screwed it up.

Why do the SAME move again just to kick out? Technically Mox kicked out the first time because the referee sucks.

In fairness, the 2 Fenix Drivers that finished the match were pretty bad, Mox went nowhere near the mat, and the director clearly hadn't cottoned onto the injury, cos it wasn't shot in a way that protected the move whatsoever.

If it was the planned finish the referee isn't going to randomly pause the count... Mox would have told Fenix to do it again to sell the finish, and Knox would have clued on at that point.

Can easily work it into an angle, with the BCC now losing their gold.

Why call the audible to switch the championship though? Even if Mox was hurt, couldn't they just just gone to a roll up finish to get it done?

Or is the suggestion perhaps that he literally couldn't move, and in the moment the best call to make was Mox taking the pin?

It felt as though the 'new champ' announcement from Justin Roberts and Fenix's music were cued up and ready to go as well.

Why call the audible to switch the championship though? Even if Mox was hurt, couldn't they just just gone to a roll up finish to get it done?

Or is the suggestion perhaps that he literally couldn't move, and in the moment the best call to make was Mox taking the pin?

It felt as though the 'new champ' announcement from Justin Roberts and Fenix's music were cued up and ready to go as well.

I think the most simple answer to that is Mox was concussed and probably wasn't projecting too far ahead.

It's a fair comment, just way too wonky of a finish to think anything about it was planned or intended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we think AEW takes on any of the WWE releases?

Can only really see Nemeth being of any value.

I can’t see what value Dolph Ziggler provides. Unless it’s teaming with his brother. Even then it’s going to be a mediocre pairing.

The best one to bring in would be Shelton Benjamin, who could provide that experience for the younger guys.

I can’t see what value Dolph Ziggler provides. Unless it’s teaming with his brother. Even then it’s going to be a mediocre pairing.

The best one to bring in would be Shelton Benjamin, who could provide that experience for the younger guys.

To be honest, I think your second paragraph is very applicable to the man in your first.

Why would AEW bother with any off that list. Ali has some talent in the ring , Shelton and Dolph for experience maybe but what would they really add to the roster? AEW have a stacked roster as it is and have trouble fitting people on cards and TV as it is.

I think experience and I genuinely wouldn't mind seeing him tag with his brother, think it would be a fun team.

Nic Nemeth/Ziggler has the style that fits AEW pretty well. Reckon he would have some pretty good matches. Think he's harshly judged by the the IWC. Tagging with his brother would be great but he has enough gas in the tank to have a solid singles run.

Roster splits are crap and I hate when WWE have done it, but they might have to go down that path if they keep adding people without cutting them.

One thing for sure, AEW needs to continue to be healthy successful promotion (which it is) so talent can move around and not just be booted from the monopoly of WWE and then never heard from again.

It's good that independent and non US wrestling has been getting more popular over the last few years as well.

I'm obviously in the minority who actually likes a huge roster and seeing different people week to week... Part of what drew me back into wrestling with black and gold NXT was the fun of seeing who was going to show up that episode.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back