All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree but I dunno. Maybe Nick Kahn has floated this to him as a way to possibly reignite interest and buzz in his own company eventually. I find it unlikely but with Vince's weird comments regarding AEW a few weeks back and a few (certainly not all) strange releases I can't rule it out.

Reignite Interest in your show by booking a better show and growing your own ratings and fan base lol

Bringing the competition up to you and lowering yourself down to them ratings wise would be a brain dead idea lol

Hey fam - how are you all watching dynamite etc? i skim the news but dont watch yet...
watchwrestling is the best way to go. Streams are high quality and you don't have to pay a single cent

Wow people don't like watchwrestling on here for some reason.

Last edited:
I have a theory about all these talents being released by WWE with the inevitably that a few of the bigger names are going to go to AEW, Vince wants them to be competition. The theory is Vince is bored with running WWE without legitimate competition, and while he doesn't see AEW as competition right now, he wants it to be. Having bigger names like Bray Wyatt, Ric Flair and Adam Cole along with Bryan Danielson and CM Punk on their way to AEW, will inevitably boost their ratings.

Is it morally right to release these guys in the hope they go to AEW? Nope, but I wouldn't put it past him.

Great theory. History however says no.

I find it funny you feel the need to write this at least once a week.

And when no one denies the talent. Hell Raw has outrageous talent when you look at it. Doesn't mean much when booked in little else but stupid comedy skits, three minute nothing matches or weekly back and forth 50/50 that elevates no one.

i fear for the people who didn't like Maki Itoh

At the moment AEW has 73 active male competitors on their roster. They need to be cutting back, not increasing more. When you compare it to Smackdown, which has about 50 on their roster with both male and female performers Their male roster does seem a little excessive.

I'm pretty sure Smackdown could be cut down to about 10 people since it's just the same show each week tbf

AEW's total roster numbers are always going to seem more inflated than they actually are. This is partly because of the wrestlers who have jobs in the back, of which we don't have a full list but is suspected to include people like peter avalon, nakazawa, luther, brandon cutler, shawn dean, cabana, billy gunn etc and partly due to the focus on tag teams and stables. But that doesn't mean you go on a hiring freeze, you just selectively hire, and I think the most selective area are the people who would commend a spot close to the main event right now. Jonah Rock isn't at that level, which makes him an appealing candidate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey fam - how are you all watching dynamite etc? i skim the news but dont watch yet...

I attempted to sign up to FITE but something odd happened when I went to pay for the subscription. I managed to narrow it down to my device and/or bank couldn't recognise the software they use to transfer money? Really, really strange.

Anyway, it's uploaded to YouTube every Thursday afternoon and i've been avoiding spoilers all day and watching when I get home from footy training every week when there isn't Thursday night footy. Hope that helps.

I guess you could say i'm converted to AEW. I watch NXT occasionally but that's about to be rarely following Bronson Reeds release.

I’m tipping that by Xmas AEW will have more viewers than Raw.

I doubt it. Thats a pretty big increase and/or drop for Raw. If people are STILL persisting with Raw despite how bad it is then they’re never not watching it.
Also there could easily be another no fans era which would kill off all the momentum AEW has.

I wonder when the TV deal is up for renewal again. Surely Turner isn’t the only network that would bid on AEW by then.

I doubt it. Thats a pretty big increase and/or drop for Raw. If people are STILL persisting with Raw despite how bad it is then they’re never not watching it.
Also there could easily be another no fans era which would kill off all the momentum AEW has.

I wonder when the TV deal is up for renewal again. Surely Turner isn’t the only network that would bid on AEW by then.

Shouldn't be that hard as RAW is garbage but then again I think the kids watching it these days far outweighs the proper wrestling fans hence why WWE is so PG/ Merch driven.

Why aren't kids proper wrestling fans?
Don't think this elitist sort of attitude is entirely helpful.

Sorry ill rephrase it, WWE has been heavily PG focused for a long time now. For a lot of young kids ( Talking under 15 sort of age) all they would know is WWE due to it most likely being the only wrestling on TV for a long time.

Sorry ill rephrase it, WWE has been heavily PG focused for a long time now. For a lot of young kids ( Talking under 15 sort of age) all they would know is WWE due to it most likely being the only wrestling on TV for a long time.

There would probably be more kids watching than adults so you target your content for that audience. Makes sense.

AEW then picks them up as fans as they turn 15, 16, 17 and converts them over. Sound strategy haha.

There would probably be more kids watching than adults so you target your content for that audience. Makes sense.

AEW then picks them up as fans as they turn 15, 16, 17 and converts them over. Sound strategy haha.

That's pretty much it, think of the Cena era it really was catered for the kids.

Looking at the average age of a wrestling fan, I doubt that is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back