All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol wtf are AEW going to do with all these people!?

House of Black faction?

Gang wars?

Bryan Alevarez was saying that the reason that AEW feels fresh and the WWE doesn’t is because AEWs roster is massive compared to them and they are always rotating the wrestlers where the same match happens every week on WWE.

Gang wars?

Bryan Alevarez was saying that the reason that AEW feels fresh and the WWE doesn’t is because AEWs roster is massive compared to them and they are always rotating the wrestlers where the same match happens every week on WWE.

That’s the best aspect but when it comes down to making stars that will draw money that’s where AEW may struggle. They will do fine in what they do now with the crowd capacities but IF they are aiming bigger then the WCW type level of depth/ numbers on the roster MAY hurt them. A lot of it does feel fresh but then a lot of it feels like a cluster **** at times to.

That’s the best aspect but when it comes down to making stars that will draw money that’s where AEW may struggle. They will do fine in what they do now with the crowd capacities but IF they are aiming bigger then the WCW type level of depth/ numbers on the roster MAY hurt them. A lot of it does feel fresh but then a lot of it feels like a cluster fu** at times to.

I don’t think so.
Biggest blight on wrestling is 50/50 booking. It kills superstars. Also having guys wrestle the same match every week.
AEW seem to be able to build stars.

Gang wars?

Yeah listened to that 10minute video this morning on my way to work. I’m sure Khan knows what he’s doing but nearly 80 male contracted wrestlers seems like a bit much. Can’t say I’ve ever booked a wrestling show though 😀

Gang wars?

NJPW vs AEW gang warfare.
Tanahashi, Kenta, Nagata, JayWhite, Suzuki, Hikuleo on one side.

Moxley, Kingston, Archer, Darby etc on the other…maybe Jericho as well

Super Elite sitting in the middle of it all.

I don’t think so.
Biggest blight on wrestling is 50/50 booking. It kills superstars. Also having guys wrestle the same match every week.
AEW seem to be able to build stars.

Really ? Can you tell me who is a star that has been built by them? To me a star is a Hogan , a Rock, a Cena even non wrestling people know or have heard the name before. Roman is probably the closest thing to that in WWE right now aside from Cena and Goldberg making their cameos. AEW have Jericho at best and that would be it. They have a ton of awesome talent but so did WCW. AEW will and should have far better booking but when you have 80 plus on a roster WTF do you do with all of them ?

Creative freedom aside are guys like Andrade or Murphy if he signs going to be happy wrestling on dynamite once every two or 3 weeks and every chance they don't make the card for a PPV given the limited amount of them they hold. Is that any different from them not being on WWE TV or appearing on Main Event or the pre show?

I loved WWF/WWE & WCW, WCW was cool to me because it had different feel the small things like the theme music, refs, sound of the mat/count etc. It was cool but it become a cluster ****. I enjoy parts of AEW because its new, completely different feel and I enjoy getting to see a lot of talent I haven't seen a lot of before , I just hate not being able to see someone say like Ethan Page , Brian Cage even MJF or Sammy IN THE RING often enough to get hooked.

Really ? Can you tell me who is a star that has been built by them? To me a star is a Hogan , a Rock, a Cena even non wrestling people know or have heard the name before. Roman is probably the closest thing to that in WWE right now aside from Cena and Goldberg making their cameos. AEW have Jericho at best and that would be it. They have a ton of awesome talent but so did WCW. AEW will and should have far better booking but when you have 80 plus on a roster WTF do you do with all of them ?

Creative freedom aside are guys like Andrade or Murphy if he signs going to be happy wrestling on dynamite once every two or 3 weeks and every chance they don't make the card for a PPV given the limited amount of them they hold. Is that any different from them not being on WWE TV or appearing on Main Event or the pre show?

I loved WWF/WWE & WCW, WCW was cool to me because it had different feel the small things like the theme music, refs, sound of the mat/count etc. It was cool but it become a cluster fu**. I enjoy parts of AEW because its new, completely different feel and I enjoy getting to see a lot of talent I haven't seen a lot of before , I just hate not being able to see someone say like Ethan Page , Brian Cage even MJF or Sammy IN THE RING often enough to get hooked.

Darby Allin, MJF and Hangman are probably the biggest names AEW have ‘built’.
They haven’t hit superstardom just yet but in time I think they will.
Hangman is easily the #1 baby face right now and MJF easily the guy who gets the most heat in the entire company. MJF v Hangman for the title will be the feud of 2022.
Will they ever hit the heights of Rock/Hogan/Cena etc? likely not.
MJF to me seems the only one with a remote chance based purely on his mic skills.

If you could merge MJFs in ring and mic skills with Wardlows looks, size and body - you’d have a megastar on your hands haha

NJPW vs AEW gang warfare.
Tanahashi, Kenta, Nagata, JayWhite, Suzuki, Hikuleo on one side.

Moxley, Kingston, Archer, Darby etc on the other…maybe Jericho as well

Super Elite sitting in the middle of it all.
WWE vs ECW style that shit had me so hype when all the ECW boys showed up with Heyman.

AEW hasn’t built any mega stars you are right. But they are 2 years old, they are building quite nicely, and it seems Vince is intent on helping them do it.

You are referring to stats that are years gone by.

You are right though I should of said WWE don’t make stars “anymore”.

The roster being built allows the wrestlers to be rotated in and out of AEW programming so you don’t get the same match every week like WWE.
With all the doors being “opened” wrestlers will be able to go wrestle all over the country/world once they have their runs. Kind of like the old days. Quite a few of them have already said that’s what they intend to do.

I loved WWF/WWE & WCW, WCW was cool to me because it had different feel the small things like the theme music, refs, sound of the mat/count etc. It was cool but it become a cluster fu**. I enjoy parts of AEW because its new, completely different feel and I enjoy getting to see a lot of talent I haven't seen a lot of before , I just hate not being able to see someone say like Ethan Page , Brian Cage even MJF or Sammy IN THE RING often enough to get hooked.

Yes but you see them every week doing the same thing and it gets boring. Hence rotation of the wrestlers in and out.

Last edited:
AEW hasn’t built any mega stars you are right. But they are 2 years old, they are building quite nicely, and it seems Vince is intent on helping them do it.

You are referring to stats that are years gone by.

You are right though I should of said WWE don’t make stars “anymore”.

The roster being built allows the wrestlers to be rotated in and out of AEW programming so you don’t get the same match every week like WWE.
With all the doors being “opened” wrestlers will be able to go wrestle all over the country/world once they have their runs. Kind of like the old days. Quite a few of them have already said that’s what they intend to do.

Yes but you see them every week doing the same thing and it gets boring. Hence rotation of the wrestlers in and out.

I agree that WWE style of the same ones is boring , but having to many and them rarely being on TV is harder to hook the casual watcher.

I enjoy MJF but I feel like I have hardly seen him in the ring enough to understand or appreciate how good he may be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you could merge MJFs in ring and mic skills with Wardlows looks, size and body - you’d have a megastar on your hands haha

Ricky Starks could be a future one. Very attractive, very charismatic. Sammy and Jungle Boy have the looks. Darby has a certain appeal.

The difference is I feel like these young folks can be stars and I look forward to seeing how they go. I don't get that looking at WWE (although my viewing has been sapped a fair bit since AEW began).

I agree that WWE style of the same ones is boring , but having to many and them rarely being on TV is harder to hook the casual watcher.

I enjoy MJF but I feel like I have hardly seen him in the ring enough to understand or appreciate how good he may be.
I think the whole ethos of AEW is to appeal to ‘wrestling fans’ or lapsed fans. I don’t think they try to get mainstream crossover and attract casual fans and to me that makes perfect sense. Hence why they’re comfortable bringing in a Nick Gage. Make the best Pro Wrestling company you can and make people like what you do. Don’t compromise your product. It’s why WWE is practically unwatchable right now. I think AEW would be ecstatic with their growth and constantly increasing viewership.

I'm not sure saying naming the biggest stars to come out of America in the last 40 years (plus, uh, Roman...) is really a fair definition for "star". That's mega-star. A wrestling promotion in 2021 does not really create stars that transcend pop culture. Darby Allin, for example, has clearly been built into a star for AEW and the wider Wrestling industry, his strong performances in ratings have been talked about at length for most this year.

Out of everything cringeworthy in wrestling I’d say OC and the hands in pocket is nearly as bad as I’ve ever seen , almost like the Yeti and Shockmaster type bad.
Yep its ****ing horrible.

Out of everything cringeworthy in wrestling I’d say OC and the hands in pocket is nearly as bad as I’ve ever seen , almost like the Yeti and Shockmaster type bad.

Completely disagree.
I’m not the biggest fan of his but he is massively over and extremely talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back