All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's very silly.

Also this match was $1.01 to go to a draw anyway, or at least a non-finish, sometimes the predictable result is the best result.
Haha, betting on wrasslin is insane to begin with.

but as a fan, it makes 110% sense to extend the feud, almost certainly to the belt.

I am so conditioned to wwe booking in these type of first of a big feud matches that I was just waiting for Don to get Omega DQd.
So the time limit and confusion (and perhaps the commentators selling being so engrosed in the match that they forgot about the time) worked perfectly for me.

Obviously I want Bryan the face to win, but honestly, I didn’t want either to lose in the first match. Had heard about Omega prior to AEW and first really saw him against Jericho in Japan, but **** I love how he goes about it all - and has an insane move set and creativity too! He’s the non-wwe version of Styles - just gels with everyone and could wrestle a mop to a 5 star match

Love the turnbuckle camera, but surely the resolution could be better in 2021?
I could hook my gopro up and get a better live wired output from it than what they’re using lol. Even my drone wireless live feed is better quality

That first match was the best example of wrestling that didn't require a high pace or big spots. Still leaves the crowd wanting more.

Should have been the main event though.

I love the way Pillman sells.

I have no problem with MJF winning but I would've liked Pillman to get more offence after all that shit talk. Would've liked more of a brawl through the crowd and whatnot.

Overall really enjoying the show so far!

Hopefully Cody was fully aware he would be booed out of the building, but if not, hopefully an audible is called and he turns heel mid match.

but in saying that, playing a naive “I’m a super dooper over baby face, cheer for me people!” could actually generate more heel heat haha

That tag match was amazing!! Some awesome moments throughout! I loved the way they followed tag rules and made everything make sense. The chair spot was so great! FTR are such a great team.

Really good commentary too. Still not a fan of the three man booth but they're nailing it here.

That tag match was amazing!! Some awesome moments throughout! I loved the way they followed tag rules and made everything make sense. The chair spot was so great! FTR are such a great team.

Really good commentary too. Still not a fan of the three man booth but they're nailing it here.
Perfectly booked tag match. FTR are the perfect opponents for Sting due to their ability to sell and tell a story. Obviously Darby is a great tag partner for sting, being almost the exact opposite in the ring.
Like all tag pairings though, will Darby one day turn on Sting? Don’t think there’s any possibility of Sting being able to go heel

Pretty lame for them not to be giving time updates throughout. Took out half the suspense of the match. I've been banging this drum for weeks and I've been proven right through that confusing finish.

Highly enjoyable throughout though.
Zero announcements. Excalibur just randomly blurted out "45 seconds to go" on commentary then just a random bell for the live crowd.

I get that if you do the times people know you're heading to a draw, that's why you announce the times for every bloody match (or at least the main events).
I did hear Roberts say there was one minute remaining but it was very quiet in the background.

I agree that if they are going to do time limited matches, they need to make it a bigger deal.
Like in New Japan, where the ring announcer can be heard and gets more and more frantic the closer it gets to time to sell it to the crowd.

Hopefully Cody was fully aware he would be booed out of the building, but if not, hopefully an audible is called and he turns heel mid match.

but in saying that, playing a naive “I’m a super dooper over baby face, cheer for me people!” could actually generate more heel heat haha

What's the background with Cody being booed? Haven't seen him much since getting back into wrestling, just purely him trying to be a baby face?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found it a bit weird that Baker would put Soho's exact hair colouring in her own hair. Not very aesthetically pleasing and didn't seem to serve the storyline.

Really enjoyable match. I liked the strikes, some transitions like the avalanche off the top rope didn't make sense to me. I also thought you were only allowed one person ringside in AEW matches?

Overall a very enjoyable show! Will be cool to see how they progress a few of these feuds.

I love how it's feeling more sportslike and they're not falling back on that comedy crutch anymore.

We should’ve known what Bryan wanted to do in leaving WWE.

Hour-long broadways, his old submission move set, more creativity in his matches.

Unfortunately there appears to be a flip side - without WWE agents looking after him, he’s going to die in the ring.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Omega/Danielson was awesome, left me wanting more. The record crowd was insanely loud. I reckon these guys could go 45-60 minutes at the slowish pace they went at and it would be a classic. Maybe Danielson will now begin to rack up some wins against other people first before getting a title shot. Agree with others that time remaining needs to be announced, at least more clearly.

Punks promo was good, looking forward to the Hobbs match. MJF/Pillman solid. Black/Rhodes solid, glad Black won. It's a matter of time before Cody turns heel. Enjoyed Sting/Darby vs FTR.

The right person won in the main event title match between Britt Baker and Ruby Soho, keep her momentum going. Side note: Ruby Soho's theme is pretty catchy.

Looking forward to the 2nd half of Grand Slam Week, Rampage.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the card for Rampage?? Also love to see the Cattle Muttilation back! The dragon snap-suplex on the outside was legimately scary!!

- punk vs Hobbs
- The super elite (Cole & Young Bucks) vs Cage, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus.
- Men of the year vs Jericho and Hager
- LAX & Lucia Bros vs private party and Butcher & the Blade
- Ford vs Jay
- Mox & Kingston vs Archer & Suzuki

Last edited:
- punk vs Hobbs
- The super elite (Cole & Young Bucks) vs Cage, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus.
- Men of the year vs Jericho and Hager
- LAX & Lucia Bros vs private party and Butcher & the Blade
- Ford vs Jay
- Mox & Kingston vs Archer & Suzuki
I think he was being sarcastic lol. They were promoting the hell out of it all show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back