All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mid it is a women’s tag title, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Iinspiration’s has signed with the company.

I’m guessing it’s either a women’s tag, or trio’s belt. I wouldn’t mind a belt for the 25’s and under. Just to showcase the younger talent they have more.

need to book the rest of the division stronger before introducing extra titles.

Ryo Mizunami is coming back also.

Ok show. Draw ok but failing to declare how long was remaining stuffed it to some degree. Needed time remaining calls at 10, 5, 2 and one minute remaining with commentators getting into it. Just come from out of no where. BD and Omega could have probably had more false finishes in those last few minutes also. Personally I would have had it the main event with interference backfiring on Omega and Danielson winning.

Everything else was solid enough but felt like FTR v Derby and Sting was a bit of a mess and that Sting struggled. Was far better at DON tag.

Cody definitely heel now also. Kind of a relief as so many dislike him anyhow but a worry as heels generally need wins and the pissing and moaning around here when Cody wins (or possibly might win) anything is ####en embarassing.

Cody probably works better as a heel. The constant complaining from a few about Cody winning and losing just seems petty at times. In saying that people may say the same thing about me, not liking Roman Reigns.

Bryan vs Omega was good but God damn it was way too long. I ******* haaaaateeee long matches. If you can tell a good story in a shorter period of time then that's always the better option. If it had been 10-15 minutes that would be the sweet spot.
I’m hoping for a 60 min iron man match next.

Loved Danielson and Omega but if anyone thought the result was going to be anything other than a time limit draw they were dreaming.

I watched the match again this morning. It was a fantastic match.

The 1 minute announcement was basically whispered through the PA. I agree the finish was probably supposed to be Omega in the Labelle lock which they sort of worked to after the match.

I think Tony Khan should take the blame for it. He should've been taking time limits more seriously during the other episodes. They need to be worked into the shows so people get used to them.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the early AEW shows had time limit announcements (Darby-Cody was a time limit draw and so it was kind of built around that). It can work - but I did like that it just ended with them still scrapping it out rather than someone on the verge of winning, as it felt more organic and like a legitimate stalemate rather than a moral victory.

What a match, and a fun show in all. Two of Dynamite’s top three ratings yet have been in the last month. The momentum there is legitimately exciting!

I’m hoping for a 60 min iron man match next.

That would be epic. I can see a trilogy of matches between the 2. For that to happen, it has to happen on PPV than FTA, preferably for the title. So I think that AEW has to keep teasing, while building Danielson up, so that he can legitimately challenge for the title.

Have the last match between the 2 as a best of 3 falls match.

1.2 million viewers for Grand Slam, definitely can say I was expecting higher for their biggest Dynamite ever. I think a lot of people online were overly optimistic though, I saw people saying they'd get anywhere between 1.5-1.8 million viewers this week, didn't help that you had clowns like Meltzer and Alvarez feeding into the "Dynamite is gonna slaughter RAW this week" narrative. You're setting people up for failure with having their expectations that high. I only had them getting 1.3 million personally.

That would be epic. I can see a trilogy of matches between the 2. For that to happen, it has to happen on PPV than FTA, preferably for the title. So I think that AEW has to keep teasing, while building Danielson up, so that he can legitimately challenge for the title.

Have the last match between the 2 as a best of 3 falls match.

might be different with an AEW crowd, but it feels like crowds are just waiting for the 3rd fall, so if that's the case then just do a one-fall rematch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.2 million viewers for Grand Slam, definitely can say I was expecting higher for their biggest Dynamite ever. I think a lot of people online were overly optimistic though, I saw people saying they'd get anywhere between 1.5-1.8 million viewers this week, didn't help that you had clowns like Meltzer and Alvarez feeding into the "Dynamite is gonna slaughter RAW this week" narrative. You're setting people up for failure with having their expectations that high. I only had them getting 1.3 million personally.
Does anyone really care anymore? Besides Alvarez of course. I watched it and loved it, that’s all that matters.

We live in a streaming and DVR world ffs 🤣

Last edited:
So raw beat dynamite in the demo this ratings talk by neckbeards on both sides is pretty hilarious

Lots of people salty on twitter/squared circle and of course wwe fans are trolling with Roman gifs saying acknowledge the tribal chief

If you don't care about ratings that's cool, but constant replies of "I don't care about ratings!" kind of doesn't add to the conversation.

There's always been great matches on poorly rated shows, but ratings are a great discussion point of knowing why certain booking choices are made.

It was AEW's third highest rating ever. I'd be very comfortable with the outcome if I were them, given the gate was of greater importance than the tv numbers this week.

I think the best thing is that these ratings look very sustainable for AEW, there's a lot of anticipation for the long term match ups.

If you don't care about ratings that's cool, but constant replies of "I don't care about ratings!" kind of doesn't add to the conversation.

There's always been great matches on poorly rated shows, but ratings are a great discussion point of knowing why certain booking choices are made.

It was AEW's third highest rating ever. I'd be very comfortable with the outcome if I were them, given the gate was of greater importance than the tv numbers this week.

I think the best thing is that these ratings look very sustainable for AEW, there's a lot of anticipation for the long term match ups.

Agreed. I was more aiming my post at the Reddit marks that take it a little to seriously.

What was the average ratings that TNT wanted from AEW? Surely the AEW TV deal is unders atm

The qtr by qtr breakdown will be interesting. Can’t help but think the first 30min the rating number peaked but then fell away after that.

They’d be disappointed they couldn’t maintain last weeks figures

Agreed. I was more aiming my post at the Reddit marks that take it a little to seriously.

What was the average ratings that TNT wanted from AEW? Surely the AEW TV deal is unders atm

Never been confirmed anywhere but I’ve heard before that cracking a million consistently was well beyond their expectations. You’d expect a pretty significant uplift once the renewal comes up.

Suould they look at moving Rampage to Thursday night where they have some clear air and put it on at a reasonable time rather than 10pm

If we get ZSJ vs Danielson on AEW i might have a heart attack
Will Ospreay also called out Kenny Omega in the past. I think they are just running their mouths hoping to get booked in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back