Injury All Grand Final injury news - Ball's Hammy, Dids shoulder and more.

Remove this Banner Ad

obviously not an injury, but what about dale thomas' high hit on the geelong player? I've only seen it at the game and didnt think much of it, but others around me were saying differently?

Ok, so I've found the bit where Tim Watson mentioned that Ball has gone to the rooms, dialed it back a bit to about 8:45 left in the third when Pods marks (and consequently pushes his first shot at goal out to the right), and Ball can be seen jogging slowly (but freely) at the bottom left of the screen.

Between then and when Watson reports on Ball, just after Cloke has a set shot roughly two minutes later, I can't see Ball in any contest at all.

Make of that what you will.

Yeah I saw that to and it gives me hope that he will be ok. You don't do your hammy running at the speed he was and if he had done it he would have been going straight to the bench not running into defense.

obviously not an injury, but what about dale thomas' high hit on the geelong player? I've only seen it at the game and didnt think much of it, but others around me were saying differently?

I think Daisy would be Fine at Worst a Reprimand as he had no loading points

Nothing at all in it, some anti Collingwood morons would be the only ones who would think it would even be cited, he won the ball and only glanced his shoulder

I so hope Ball hasn't torn a hammy, and the more the hours past the more I believe its just a cramp. With him training, walking freely to training on FoxSports, MM saying hes fine and other players also cramped, other Collingwood players saying he just cramped on radio and TV, docs saying he just cramped I think we are starting to get a picture of what he has.

EDIT: Also saw this posted on the website:

In positive news for the club, Luke Ball has pulled up well from last night’s cramp and is expected to line up next week.

“He (Ball) is convinced it’s a cramp. He wanted to go back out there but the coaching staff said, 'why would you?' We were 66 points up.

“That was the best first half of footy I have been apart of in my career. We will repeat it.

“The boys have been really focused and have a job to do.”

Heald Sun said Didak was Sore and Wellingham was in a Moon Boot BUT Ball looked good with Big Smiles

I'd wager that Wellingham was helped by some jabs. As long as he doesn't go the McGuane-style-jab for Grand Final Day we'll be good :)

Same with Dids - a quick painkiller before the match and he'll be firing.

Just got back from the Ammo GF, only watched the 2's, Bally there walking around without a limp. Barry Richardson (a physio) said he is a cert to play & has no concerns with a "tear" or "strain".

Just got back from the Ammo GF, only watched the 2's, Bally there walking around without a limp. Barry Richardson (a physio) said he is a cert to play & has no concerns with a "tear" or "strain".

Fantastic News:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dids has a sore shoulder no doubt but its a grand final so he will play... How are St Kilda's injured players going...

Dal Santo and Gram where both asked by Ch10 how they were and both said they were alright. Gram looked proppy walking in to recovery though and must be in some trouble with his groin. I didn't see Dal Santo walk so can't say about him - but he did play out the game against the Dogs. That said apparently has a sore foot where he was limited to using his wrong side against the Dogs.

Del Santo played a half in the forward pocket so he will struggle to run out the full 4 quarters next week although who knows after pain killers.

Nigel Lappin played us in 2003 with 8 broken ribs.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...per-in-dogs-side/story-e6frf9jx-1225925955124

ST KILDA will limp into Saturday's Grand Final against the rampant Collingwood in what will be a replay of 1966, when the Saints won their only premiership by defeating the Pies by a point.

Del Santo played a half in the forward pocket so he will struggle to run out the full 4 quarters next week although who knows after pain killers.

Nigel Lappin played us in 2003 with 8 broken ribs.

Trying to play with leg injuries is far more difficult than ribs or shoulders if you're a mid or small forward.

No risk on anyone with leg injuries. Wellingham proved he can play with it OK. Dal Santo and Gram would not be 100% this week but how far below is anyone's guess

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27727367-23211,00.html?from=public_rss

Normally i respect Larkins opinion, but he seems to have some sort of agenda on this one. I mean, does he have any other source of information about the injury other than what he sees?

Heres the Doc Larkins quote from that article:

Larkins said on Triple M last night that given Ball's history of two episodes on the same hamstring meant he had to be in some doubt.
"It is very difficult to say," he said after being asked whether Ball would be right to play. I think he has got a reasonable chance.
"But it's Grand Final week, and it's Luke Ball, so they are not really telling us (much) now.
"But they would know whether he has a tear or a bleed or a very severe spasm.
"My gut feeling is that this is not a standard cramp in a hamstring. I would stake my reputation on that.
"And Mick Malthouse has already said he will not take injured players into games, so he (Ball) has got six days to prove he is right."

I'm not quite sure what issue you have with what he said?

It seems to me that he was suggesting that he thought it was a severe spasm or a bleed.

For those who know how hard is to recover from either of those injuries in a week?

I seriously doubt someone with a tear / strain would be walking as freely and excessively as I saw him today.

It might be the 2nd year in a row someone with a hamstring issue sinks Saint Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury All Grand Final injury news - Ball's Hammy, Dids shoulder and more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back