Injury All Grand Final injury news - Ball's Hammy, Dids shoulder and more.

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously doubt someone with a tear / strain would be walking as freely and excessively as I saw him today.

It might be the 2nd year in a row someone with a hamstring issue sinks Saint Kilda.

A tear no, but with a mild strain you could walk around quite freely the next day. Its when you start jogging that you feel it. When I see him running without pain or limping, then I will breath a sigh of relief.

We will know by Thursday training but the one I am most worried about is Dids.

Didak will play 100%. He is obviously still feeling the effects of the injury from against the Adelaide game (pec) but he played the game out Friday night, and worst case scenario will have some painkillers this Saturday. We might see him grimacing a few times when he gets hit in the chest but it won't effect his performance.

Malthouse said something interesting on the seven sunday footy program. He said that you dont tell someone early in the week that they're not playing because things might happen later in the week....and you dont want the player on a rollercoaster ride...

well I get the feeling that this applies to Ball. He is trying to convince people its a minor injury and Malthouse is going to let him stick with that story until the last minute.....He probably even get named in the side for the game.

Malthouse said something interesting on the seven sunday footy program. He said that you dont tell someone early in the week that they're not playing because things might happen later in the week....and you dont want the player on a rollercoaster ride...

well I get the feeling that this applies to Ball. He is trying to convince people its a minor injury and Malthouse is going to let him stick with that story until the last minute.....He probably even get named in the side for the game.

Those remarks are more related to the presti,brown,goldsack,davis situation i think. Not so much luke ball in that effect.

an example of what mick was elaborating to is for example (NOTE HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE) he tells nathan brown tomorrow he is out of the side naturally player is heartbroken then presti gets injured final training or pulls up sore on wednesday then mick says nathan ur back in
the rollarcoaster has been up: Friday night = up monday:dropped = rock bottom, thursday: back in = high again

These feelings and emotions take a toll on a players mental state and obviously this is what he is trying to avoid and what he was refering to this morning

He will play.

When he went in to the rooms he wanted to go back on and the coaches decided he didn't need to risk more injury becuse we were 66 points up at that stage so .he'll play grand final day.

Ball's threshold of pain is very high but yes its smoke screens cause when he walked down that race he was as godd as gold,even the interview next day saw him walking fine,however when i saw the interview with dal santo and gram inthe background both were hobbling around.

It's funny how both teams are being so "honest" about their injured players.

I doubt that Ball did any running today. I doubt that he's going to do any running until the last possible minute.... and then they're going to ask him to warm up and do a few sprints. If he doesnt break down, he'll get in the team.

And toys r us ... you're right, Malthouse was talking more about fit players competing for a place. However, I think he will do the same for the unfit ones as well. He will give them until the last moment and then replace them.... like Davis was replaced by Goldsack.

I doubt that we will know the correct 22 on Thursday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury All Grand Final injury news - Ball's Hammy, Dids shoulder and more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back