Mega Thread All things Jack Watts - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch it so I don't know where in the show it is, but you can watch the full ep here:

http://catchup.ninemsn.com.au/aflfootyshow

Trust me, you don't want Yarran! The Eagles would probably throw all their chips at him anyway.

Thx for that! Just had a watch, He's not totally gone, but he's certainly not a lock either.
Funny to see that Brock has learnt to keep his mouth shut these days.

It would be a first, that's for sure. We don't have a good track record in trades - and I don't recall us ever getting a top mid from another club.

I would hazard a guess and say that the reason Dusty is having a cracker this season would be due to Choc. If we snare Choco, and offer a healthy Salary Package, why wouldn't he? Imagine the headlines, 'Dusty - The missing Piece', 'Brush off the Dust, here come the Dees!' 'Dusty's Demons, Choc Full of Grunt!' and so on...

Starting to sound good huh?

Let Jack go, Get the club going for the Choco, Eade, Vossy Coaching combo, and bring in Dusty - voila - finals in 2 yrs.

Yeah when was the last successful trade in we had?
Mitch Clark I guess was a win
Jamie shanahan?
Brent moloney?

Travis Johnston for 11 (Grimes)
On paper, McLean for 11 was a good trade. We're just shit at developing players, Gysberts should've become a really good player for us.

Funny to see that Brock has learnt to keep his mouth shut these days.

He'd want to. The Blues started with Bootsma on Riewoldt today and one comment from Brock could spark an AFL investigation.

Travis Johnston for 11 (Grimes)
On paper, McLean for 11 was a good trade. We're just shit at developing players, Gysberts should've become a really good player for us.

I was trying to ignore trades for picks I ment just players we specifically targeted

Dutchy
Pedo
Pickett
Reid
Etc

I thought Steven Powell was pretty good for us, and we let him walk to St Kilda for nothing.

Are we worse at developing or recycling players? One to ponder...

It would be a first, that's for sure. We don't have a good track record in trades - and I don't recall us ever getting a top mid from another club.

1671095-gary-moorcroft-and-chris-heffernan-of-the-gettyimages.jpg

Incorrect. Freo initially offered Brisbane only a second round pick, because 'Freo held all the cards' and he would 'walk to them in the PSD if Brisbane didn't take it'.

You only re-offered your first pick when Melbourne put in their offer - by then it was too late and you looked like massive knobs.

Pretty sure Freo's first offer was pick 20, you only offered 16 after we offered 12 ... and by then it was too late.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/mp/10479118/freo-blew-clark-deal-lions/

Freo initially offered pick 20, Lions then demanded our pick 16 + 20 as postering for both clubs and negotiations went from there. Freo later then offered pick 16 on wednesday but Lions held out (because there is no reason to deal early) and later in the week the deal was basically done, except at the last minute Melbourne offered pick 12, which trumped 16.

Good on Melbourne for being proactive and getting the player they wanted, but I was very happy how Freo handled the trading negotiations. Point still stands Melbourne only offered a slightly better pick and bucket loads of cash.

I would hazard a guess and say that the reason Dusty is having a cracker this season would be due to Choc. If we snare Choco, and offer a healthy Salary Package, why wouldn't he? Imagine the headlines, 'Dusty - The missing Piece', 'Brush off the Dust, here come the Dees!' 'Dusty's Demons, Choc Full of Grunt!' and so on...

Starting to sound good huh?

Let Jack go, Get the club going for the Choco, Eade, Vossy Coaching combo, and bring in Dusty - voila - finals in 2 yrs.

You think one supremely talented, but notoriously errant midfielder will make us not be an embarrassment.

Dreaming SM - we're finishing bottom 4.

You think one supremely talented, but notoriously errant midfielder will make us not be an embarrassment.

I dunno - I think adding a gun mid would have more effect than simply his output. He'd be our best player (or at least very close) and hopefully have the effect of galvanising our midfield as a group.

This would, actually. Do you reckon we could make it happen?

Might be a bit of a risky option but we should think about trading pick 2 to Barca for Messi. Not the ideal height for a footballer but he'd be good feeding off the crumbs from Clarke and Hogan.

Might be a bit of a risky option but we should think about trading pick 2 to Barca for Messi. Not the ideal height for a footballer but he'd be good feeding off the crumbs from Clarke and Hogan.

By Clarke, you mean Michael Clarke, right? I reckon it'd be worth trading our second rounder for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to point out that this would be one of the ideal, or atleast close to ideal situations for us and yeah, I think martin would slot in nicely *IF* choco were to come on board too.

Don't forget the 3 coaches I've also stated. If we couldn't get up and running with those 3 coaches and dusty in the midfield, then short of recruiting Hawthorn and the coaching staff, we're stuffed.

If Watts wants out I reckon Carlton would give up their first round pick as they need a tall forward. If Watts is ever gonna do anything he is primed now, will be 23 years old by 1st round next year and has played 70 odd games. There will be enough interest to get a first rounder. Could be Watts and our 2nd rounder for Carltons 1st and 2nd rounder.

I have to point out that this would be one of the ideal, or atleast close to ideal situations for us and yeah, I think martin would slot in nicely *IF* choco were to come on board too.

Don't forget the 3 coaches I've also stated. If we couldn't get up and running with those 3 coaches and dusty in the midfield, then short of recruiting Hawthorn and the coaching staff, we're stuffed.

We are a LONG way off, adding Martin to the mids will help yes but isnt going to turn us around as much as you may think. And to be honest bringing in a 4 new coaches wont make that change overnight so i applaud your enthusiasm because we surely need some round here but at the same time lets be realistic.

Hey guys I'd play hardball with watts,if he wants out let him go,if he goes he'll be in for a pay cut.no other club would be able to pay him as much as you can with the cap.save the cash for locking away your young talent like viney and hogan in the future.

Lol. Yesterday was definitely a pitiful effort from Watts. Maybe I was keeping an extra eye on him though because of recent comments.

G
I dunno - I think adding a gun mid would have more effect than simply his output. He'd be our best player (or at least very close) and hopefully have the effect of galvanising our midfield as a group.
Guys like Martin don't have that kind of effect on the group.

Not worth a pint of $hit on todays performance..

Got a lot of Tom Scully type effort in his last year at the Dees happening at the moment
Yes, a very good observation.I remember having that same feeling watching Scully just go through the motions in his final few games. Jack Watts getting cheap stats across the half back line, while Nat Jones is busting his chops under packs, doesn't quite endear me to Jack at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back