All things ROK (We don't need multiple threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Now for O'Keefe in the PSD...

On Channel 10 sports it said that you've got offered a 4 year deal worth up to $2 million.
do you think the bombers would be able to afford that/ would be silly enough to take on the contract???

for me its a bit too much, but if thats what he wants and what it takes to get it, ill take it

Okeefe, psd help

okay guys i know theres already a few threads about this, but i need to know the answer to this question.

okay, say if o'keefe comes out and publicly says "i want to go to carlton" right, would that stop any other club from picking him up in the psd? i know theres no rule about this but its kind of a verbal contract, and he's pretty much saying he would be unhappy anywhere else. would this secure him?

is he in the same position as cousins is with collingwood?

I'm guessing Murph is about to sign a back ended contract soon?

I reckon that Murph would be happy to do a 4 year back ended contract where he gets about about 40% of the contract in the final year...

Something like 15%, 15%, 30%, 40% would work out great I think :D

And I reckon that Murph loves the blues enough to do a contract deal like this..

Re: Okeefe, psd help

Any club can get him if they can afford him. He cant play anywhere else except for that club. Just ask nick Stevens; he nominated the pies but we picked him up.

He can name a price

He can go to all clubs and find out whether they are willing to give him what he wants

If he wants to go to Carlton and no-one else then he will approach the other 5 teams before him in the PSD and find out whether they are willing to draft him at the price he has nominated

If one of these 5 teams

Melbourne
West Coast
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Essendon

say yes then he will have to decide whether to accapt their offer or resign for Sydney

do you think the bombers would be able to afford that/ would be silly enough to take on the contract???

for me its a bit too much, but if thats what he wants and what it takes to get it, ill take it

We can definitely match it, but I'd hope we wouldn't. Don't want to be put in a bad position right when GC17 is coming in and we can't pay our youngsters.

Essendon have been saving their pennies for years.

When you talk about O'Keefe upping the price, if Carlton can afford it, then Essendon will be able to afford it too.

Does Essendon want ROK? Well that's anyones guess.

But to the Blues supporters who think it's a foregone conclusion that he'll go to Carlton, just take a look around, you're not in position A. ;)

And he hasn't nominated for the PSD yet either!

Essendon have been saving their pennies for years.

When you talk about O'Keefe upping the price, if Carlton can afford it, then Essendon will be able to afford it too.

Does Essendon want ROK? Well that's anyones guess.

But to the Blues supporters who think it's a foregone conclusion that he'll go to Carlton, just take a look around, you're not in position A. ;)

And he hasn't nominated for the PSD yet either!

Exactly right.

O'Keefe's manager said that he wants to go to Carlton, so there is a very strong chance of him coming on board. We still even get to keep our pick 6. :D:thumbsu: GREAT WORK CARLTON.

What everyone must remember is that there is a rule that says once you nominate for the PSD, you can't dictate or influence where you go. That has to be done during trade week.
ROK & Carlton would all be very aware that you can't tamper with this.
The only way would be to put a big price on his head to scare away the others.........................................hehehehe.............................. but then carlton would have to pay it.

What are the chances that you won't be able to fit him in.

In any case, ROK faces the very chance of going off to WCE or Port or Ess.

I'm sure the swans are annoyed about this whole thing & upset with Rhino because this stinks of being planned all along as plan A & plan B by Carlton & ROK's manager.

But.........if that is the case, what goes around......................!

Good luck with all anyway Blues supporters.
I'm actually very uncomfortable with the fact that he still may be at our club next year.
Should he stay, there is going to have to be some serious propaganda spun by the Swans & ROK to make everything look rosy again!

Huh.....................good luck Roosy!!:(

What about Essendon??

KB is already all over this...

Finally somebody relises we have a pick before Carl in the PSD and we can easily match or offer more dough to ROK.

Wheather we use that pick, ROK nominates for the PSD or he re-signs with the swans time will tell. Interesting month or so coming up...

Congrats on the Warnock deal. :thumbsu:

:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROK sees the writing on the wall at Sydney

He may get 4 years for the money he wants but what is certain is that he has played in his last Finals series

Swans are going to drop off, supporters are going to drop off, players are going to retire, games are going to become lopsided and while he will get his money he will finish his career as a highly paid player in a shiite team

Finally somebody relises we have a pick before Carl in the PSD and we can easily match or offer more dough to ROK.

Wheather we use that pick, ROK nominates for the PSD or he re-signs with the swans time will tell. Interesting month or so coming up...

Congrats on the Warnock deal. :thumbsu:

:cool:

If ROK doesn't want to play for Essendon then he will resign with Sydney if Essendon say they can afford the price he puts on his head

Re: Carlton set to swoop on O'Keefe

sounds very interesting.

i dont know much about O'Keefe, but he sounds like a bit of a risk and it also sounds like he could be a very expensive one at that.

If ROK doesn't want to play for Essendon then he will resign with Sydney if Essendon say they can afford the price he puts on his head

Price isn't a problem with Ess and it won't matter if ROK want's to play with us or not. If he nominates for the PSD, he can go anywhere to a club then wants and can afford him.

How do you know that if ROK doesn't want to play for Ess that he'll re-sign for Syd?

What makes you so sure that he want's to play for Carlton?

Monday he reportingly wanted to play at Ess. Tues, Wed and Thurs it was Haw and today he is being linked with Carl. Has ROK come out and said who he now want's to play for?

FWIW I think if he is still welcome at Sydney he'll re-sign.

sounds very interesting.

i dont know much about O'Keefe, but he sounds like a bit of a risk and it also sounds like he could be a very expensive one at that.

Nah he is a very very good player. Would be handy for us to help out Fev, has a big tank and lots of experience he is 27.

sounds very interesting.

He is a top 30 player in the competition and would be fantastic inclusion for any side in the competition, just look at the game against the Swans earlier this year to see how he killed us.

IMO he is the type of player who can go until he is like 34 or so years old too, I just see his career having a great deal of longevity as he isn't a bash and crash type of player and he rarely gets injured.

I'm not sure on the rules, what if ROK were to place a stupid price on his head, say $900k per season to scare off the likes of Melb, WCE, Freo, PA and Essendon and then sign on the line at Carlton for $500k? Surely there are rules in place to stop him from doing so?

Remove this Banner Ad

All things ROK (We don't need multiple threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back