All things ROK (We don't need multiple threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: O'Keefe keen to go to Carlton

I hope you gus pick him up and become a legitimate top 4 chance in 2010 or 2011. Would love to see big blockbuster Hawks and Blues games just like the 80s:p:D

That is inevitable, O'keefe may fast track the process to the tune of 12-18months, but you can rest assured that Carlton and Hawthorn will be playing against each other in multiple grand finals in the coming decade. The 80's are definitely coming coming back, I just hope the the fashion and music don't make the trip ;)

Looks like Essendon will nab him in the PSD now, surely they'd have the cap space to fit him in...

:(

We have plenty of room in the cap. Question is wheather Knights wants him and if we choose to use that pick.

Re: Okeefe, psd help

say yes then he will have to decide whether to accapt their offer or resign for Sydney

Resign to the fact the he'll re-sign with Sydney?

I wouldn't usually bother with a missing hyphen, but when the result of its absence is the opposite of the intended meaning....

That is inevitable, O'keefe may fast track the process to the tune of 12-18months, but you can rest assured that Carlton and Hawthorn will be playing against each other in multiple grand finals in the coming decade. The 80's are definitely coming coming back, I just hope the the fashion and music don't make the trip ;)
Someone should tell Dick that it's not the 80's anymore. ;)

Whoever dresses him deserves a bigger fine than Visy. :eek: :D

I guess if you're worth billions of dollars you can wear whatever you want to and sack those who disagree with you. :cool:

I'd opt for a toga if I was Dick.

I'm not sure on the rules, what if ROK were to place a stupid price on his head, say $900k per season to scare off the likes of Melb, WCE, Freo, PA and Essendon and then sign on the line at Carlton for $500k? Surely there are rules in place to stop him from doing so?

No can do, have to include the nominated terms in the TPP

The chance of landing RoK are slim to none I would think

I guess if you're worth billions of dollars you can wear whatever you want to and sack those who disagree with you. :cool:

Dick is #1 on our untouchable list.

That means to critique anything about him, from his sense of fashion, to his business practices, is not only bad for football, but it's un-Australian ;)

Moo moos shit all over toga's :p

PS still awaiting some love for posting that ranga for you in For the Boys...

We have plenty of room in the cap. Question is wheather Knights wants him and if we choose to use that pick.
Knights may not opt to take him in the PSD, Knights has openly been saying how he has been opting for youth, you only have to ask Damien Peverill. Add to this the hefty price tag on O'Keefe head. It may be different however for a player the ilk of O'Keefe.

Knights may not opt to take him in the PSD, Knights has openly been saying how he has been opting for youth, you only have to ask Damien Peverill. Add to this the hefty price tag on O'Keefe head. It may be different however for a player the ilk of O'Keefe.

We can match the price and even better Carl offer, no problems. Wheather we won't to spend that much on a 28 yr old, even on a player like O'Keefe is another story. Personally I hope we don't.

Port have shown an interest as well....

Re: Carlton set to swoop on O'Keefe

"To do so, O'Keefe would have to nominate contract terms which would put him out of the reach of the five other clubs which have picks before the Blues in the pre-season draft."

I didn't know this was legal in the PSD? I thought it was a free for all and who ever had the first pick and could afford the player gets him.
Does this mean we can throw him a contract prior to the PSD which would make him untouchable for the other clubs?

I rate O'Keefe as a top 20 player in the competition and exactly what we need. If we could pick him up in the PSD it would an absolute steal and coup of the decade. Even if we have to pay him huge $$$ for a year or 2, who cares so long as we can squeeze him in. It was the giving up of a prime pick i was worried about. We would just about be a premiership contender next year but certainly 2010 if we gained his services, particularly with the aquisition of Warnock feeding just about the best midfield in the competition the ball on a very regular basis.

Exactly why I think he may re-sign with Sydney, the 3 interstate clubs are going to play hardball with this Freo and Port particularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dick should go for the Hef style robe.

Only problem with O'Keefe is that he plays poorly against Collingwood

One thing that we don't need

Don't worry, Fev tears them up anyway so it even's it out.

They'll have headaches trying to stop Fev, and while Fev is kicking a bag O'Keefe would be popping up kicking some himself. :p

Getting sick of us throwing around money like a sailor in a whorehouse on a 24 hour pass.

I hope they know what they are doing long term.

As if the numbers that the media bandy around (or the numbers that the player manager's feed the media to inflate their clients' value) are anything near what the player ends up getting.

There is a perception that Carlton are throwing around money and IMO its a stroke of genius: it makes uncontracted guns from other clubs believe they could get a much better contract at Carlton, it scares other clubs with limited salary cap space out of making plays for players that we are chasing.

It works an absolute treat and yet there is still no shred of verifiable evidence that we are paying any of them anywhere near what the media and their managers would have us believe.

Is a player allowed to say that he wants to go to Carlton and that if any other club picks him up he will just leave again at the end of the year? If they can he could just out a Big price on his head.

Can they?

Could he possibly put a 5 year deal $550,000 on his head to get passed the 5 other clubs? Given his age 28 next year none of the bottom clubs would be prepared to sign him for that long, and if he decided to finished his career at the end of 4 years we pay out the rest of his contract. May cost us $550,000 grand though...

Is a player allowed to say that he wants to go to Carlton and that if any other club picks him up he will just leave again at the end of the year? If they can he could just out a Big price on his head.

Can they?
He could nominate a one year contract with the hope he lasts till Carlton, then extend it from there. If he is drafted interstate, he could then play out the year and will be uncontracted yet again. If he contracted, he's bound by the contract and can only leave if all parties consent.

I don't know if it's possible for ROK to slip through to us in the PSD or not, but if it happened, it would be perfect because he is exactly what we need - a quality strong marking forward foil for Fev.

Add Kreuzer when he's not rucking and our forward line will cause some real problems.

He's also just 4 days younger than Fev. Make no mistake, our next premiership window will be in 2-3 years while we've still got Fev at FF. Once he's gone we'll still have so many others in their prime but could be Bulldogs-like if we have no forward line.

Get talking with him, and if he does want to join us (lets face it, we're the pick of the bottom 6 right now) frontload the "contract" so his nominated price is high, and if another club like the Bombers does jump in - hey we haven't lost anything.

Could he possibly put a 5 year deal $550,000 on his head to get passed the 5 other clubs? Given his age 28 next year none of the bottom clubs would be prepared to sign him for that long, and if he decided to finished his career at the end of 4 years we pay out the rest of his contract. May cost us $550,000 grand though...

That would be suicide :eek:

I don't know if it's possible for ROK to slip through to us in the PSD or not, but if it happened, it would be perfect because he is exactly what we need - a quality strong marking forward foil for Fev.

Add Kreuzer when he's not rucking and our forward line will cause some real problems.

He's also just 4 days younger than Fev. Make no mistake, our next premiership window will be in 2-3 years while we've still got Fev at FF. Once he's gone we'll still have so many others in their prime but could be Bulldogs-like if we have no forward line.

Get talking with him, and if he does want to join us (lets face it, we're the pick of the bottom 6 right now) frontload the contract so his nominated price is high, and if another club like the Bombers does jump in - hey we haven't lost anything.

With some improvement in Austin, or the luck of getting Hurley in the draft (unlikely though) Waite could move onto the wing and play an attacking role, or play up forward with talls Fev, Okeefe, Fisher, Kreuzer all rotating through :cool:

Re: Now for O'Keefe in the PSD...

Finally somebody relises we have a pick before Carl in the PSD and we can easily match or offer more dough to ROK.

Wheather we use that pick, ROK nominates for the PSD or he re-signs with the swans time will tell. Interesting month or so coming up...

Congrats on the Warnock deal. :thumbsu:

:cool:

Would you say that Essendon have plenty of cap space to play with?

I would have thought that Lloyd, Fletcher, Lucas, McVeigh & McPhee (miss anyone?) are senior players on hefty contracts, but I don't see much of the space left by Hird's departure last year having been taken up yet. Would that be about right?

Re: Now for O'Keefe in the PSD...

Would you say that Essendon have plenty of cap space to play with?

I would have thought that Lloyd, Fletcher, Lucas, McVeigh & McPhee (miss anyone?) are senior players on hefty contracts, but I don't see much of the space left by Hird's departure last year having been taken up yet. Would that be about right?

I think Essendon would be able to afford him, but the question is, would they be willing to pay that price for him, considdering the position they're in? Lloyd and Lucas are aging, and adding a 28 year old forward to their list for that amount of money might not be the best call.

Then again, Okeefe with Lloyd and Lucas would be a handful - do they look long term or short term? That's the question they'll be asking.

Remove this Banner Ad

All things ROK (We don't need multiple threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back