All things ROK (We don't need multiple threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Now for O'Keefe in the PSD...

Wow, that certainly is news to me, thanks for posting a source :thumbsu:

That is fairly damning proof that he will most likely go into the PSD

Just a little side topic, why can't teams trade for PSD picks? say Carlton somehow tried to acquire freos pick 3 in the PSD in the warnock deal that could of secured ROK...just always wondered about that

Wow, that certainly is news to me, thanks for posting a source :thumbsu:

That is fairly damning proof that he will most likely go into the PSD

Just a little side topic, why can't teams trade for PSD picks? say Carlton somehow tried to acquire freos pick 3 in the PSD in the warnock deal that could of secured ROK...just always wondered about that

NO teams can't trade PSD picks

The thing is if he has no contact with Essendon and tells them that he doesn't want to play for them, they will not pick him up and pay him the big contract we will offer if he doesn't want to be there

They may be able to pay him and want him there but if he doesn't want to be at Essendon, they will not pick him up as it would be horrible for their team morale and if he really wanted he could take them to court.... (restraint of trade)

Unless he is talking to Essendon and is fine to go there they will not pick him

NO teams can't trade PSD picks

The thing is if he has no contact with Essendon and tells them that he doesn't want to play for them, they will not pick him up and pay him the big contract we will offer if he doesn't want to be there

They may be able to pay him and want him there but if he doesn't want to be at Essendon, they will not pick him up as it would be horrible for their team morale and if he really wanted he could take them to court.... (restraint of trade)

Unless he is talking to Essendon and is fine to go there they will not pick him

Blue Boys Nick Stevens wanted to go to Collingwood and we got him... He has no choice... Even if Melbourne, W.C, Freo, Port want him and can afford him he has to go to them...

Dont worry... Swanny has everything under controll... both on the salary cap issue and essendon issue :thumbsu:
Ratts when interviewd earlier today was pleased with the Warnock deal and i thought still extremly interested in ROK via PSD,quietly confident even.Maybe he knows something we dont????;)

Pretty difficult to get ROK in the PSD should it end up that way. One of Port or Essendon should be able to land him in the PSD, with the room they have available in their salary cap.

Although, with RP and Swann at the wheel, who knows what they might be able to conjur up.

Although, with Sticks and Swann at the wheel, who knows what they might be able to conjur up.

Fixed

I hope you don't mean $$$ under the table...I guess those calls will be coming fairly soon as the discussion turns towards ROK and the PSD.

Apparently if Fev and Judd's contracts are front ended we're cheating, but if Hawthorn frnot end Franklins etc, then it's the smartest list management going around

Bitter flogs.

Ratts when interviewd earlier today was pleased with the Warnock deal and i thought still extremly interested in ROK via PSD,quietly confident even.Maybe he knows something we dont????;)

benicio_del_toro_narrowweb__300x457,0.jpg

'Bubbe, I probably know a lot you don't'

It won't happen.

Look, I'd love it to, but it's just so unlikely at this stage that it's not worth considering much.

Anyone who thinks that the clubs picking before us will let a player of the quality of ROK slip to pick 6 in the PSD is dreaming.

Agree. However the simple fact that he's in the draft may, with a little bit of luck, push someone else down the chain to us.

The Dees will take Seaby youd reckon...

Whos that bloke from North that cant stand the coach? Reckon hes s sniff for Essendon?

Harris or something aint it?

Harris has another year to go on his contract, so he won't be going anywhere.

I'd be surprised if Melbourne go for Seaby. They need youth, and more of it. Not a 24 year old ruckman. Seaby could well end up at Port or Essendon because West Coast won't redraft him and I highly doubt that Fremantle would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue Boys Nick Stevens wanted to go to Collingwood and we got him... He has no choice... Even if Melbourne, W.C, Freo, Port want him and can afford him he has to go to them...

Yes but Collingwood had the second last pick in that PSD while we had the 2nd that year and the 6th pick this year.

The only danger for us is the Bombers as Melbourne are going for youth so they are out of the question, he wants to go to Victoria so that counts Freo/WCE/Port and that leaves Essendon

All I'm saying is that even though he doesn't really have a choice of where he goes, a club isn't going to draft a player that adamantly doesn't want to be there.... will be an interesting month or so

Fixed

I hope you don't mean $$$ under the table...I guess those calls will be coming fairly soon as the discussion turns towards ROK and the PSD.

Apparently if Fev and Judd's contracts are front ended we're cheating, but if Hawthorn frnot end Franklins etc, then it's the smartest list management going around

Bitter flogs.
Did you mean Icke or Sticks in your modified quote? :eek:

It won't happen.

Look, I'd love it to, but it's just so unlikely at this stage that it's not worth considering much.

Anyone who thinks that the clubs picking before us will let a player of the quality of ROK slip to pick 6 in the PSD is dreaming.
Agreed.

Very very very unlikely but if anything the last couple of years have taught you, its that nothing is impossible now at Carlton with the people we have in-charge :)

There will be heaps of rooom in the cap .... the ppl in charge know what shit we have been through and wont risk it happening again otherwise we will be stuffed for another 10 years especially now we have some real talent and the resources being put together coaching staff new amentiites they wont risk all of the that. Plus we have all kids .... they wont be on huge money, there will be plenty in years to come for everyone.

If we could've afforded him, we would've made an offer to Sydney. However I don't think Sydney were going to accept just anything. They'll probably back themselves to resign him. Unless O'Keefe is dead keen to play his last few years at Essendon....

unfortunately bluesforever he has no say in the matter now... If a team can accomodate his terms he will be heading there... He can longer nominate his club of choice...

so if o'keefe rang up bombres and told them they are all a bunch of cvnts (only speaking the truth of course) he would still go there... all a load of crap... if he wants to come to blues he will come...

Only way is that he has to nominate us and then I'm fairly sure Swanny and Co can find a way here. That would be taking a risk though and I don't know if ROK is willing to entertain it.

Remove this Banner Ad

All things ROK (We don't need multiple threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back