Scape Goat Alleged SPP incident/broken curfew + malicious and exploitative reporting by Channel 7 news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, it's because AFC has bankrolled two programs on 7 in Adelaide - the Crows Show and Footy Plus. And as such, they are helping 7 Adelaide remain relevant by producing local content and keeping the network above water.

It's more of a 'the enemy of my friend is my enemy' type deal.

Remember, this isn't a Channel 7 vs Port feud. It's just a Channel 7 Adelaide vs Port feud.

Disgraceful.. wouldnt happen in any other state of this country. You really start to understand the meaning of pissant state with these sort of antics.

Don't remember doesn't mean he was too drunk. It can mean there was no specific incident that come to mind.

Yeah true if it was trivial incident, he may not have even acknowledge it as being an issue until the offended party responded. Just shows how dangerous social media is to someone with an public profile.

Do you think the club isn't mentioning exactly the type of contact that happened with the girl because what happened didnt occur the way the woman revealed and would make her look like an embarrasment if we released those details? There's every chance she was intoxicated as well. After all if what she detailed happened the intergrity unit would of no choice not to bring this to police attention?

My father shared a story with me as a young boy when entering adolescence many years ago about a stage coach company that was hiring teamsters to drive its stage coaches through a mountainous area. The local office manager had advertised for the position and people began to apply for the job. As they were interviewed, the boss asked each applicant, “How close can you drive the team to the edge of the cliff as you round the mountain.” The first fellow replied that he was skilled enough that he could drive the stage coach within three feet of the edge of the cliff. The boss thanked him for his time and called in the next applicant.

In the course of the interview, the boss asked the next man the same question. He replied that he could drive the team and coach within one foot of the edge of the cliff. He likewise was thanked for his time and the next applicant was called in. The boss asked this fellow the same question. He replied, “Sir, I would drive the coach as far from the edge of the cliff as I possibly could.” He got the job!

Likewise my father also admonished me a few years later that "Nothing good ever happens after midnight where alcohol is served".

While I didn't always heed these 2 words of wisdom they did stay with me my entire life and I too was often (NOT ALWAYS) mindful to stay as far away from the edge as possible. Hopefully SPP and others will learn from his experience.

Most of their audience wouldn't have taken the time to listen to any of KT's presser or interviews. All they would see/hear would be the bits that ch7 choose to edit expressly for their own agenda. If anyone does watch ch7 news tonight you can bet that's what they will have done. I don't need to see it to know that.
They're just scum trying to cover their own arses.
I watched the story by Mike Smithson on FB earlier and this is exactly what happened.

It says a bit about how toxic the Port Adelaide v Channel 7 relationship has become that David Koch, a Channel 7 personality and ratings drawcard, will apparently be going live on the Channel 9 footy show tonight to list off his and our grievances.
Channel 9 are loving this!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mike Smithson is such human garbage. Tries to package himself up as this hard hitting, investigative journalist, but he's nothing more than a populist piece of shit who panders to the status quo and marches to the drum of the Adelaide establishment. A sad, pathetic click bait journo and nothing more.

Channel 9 are loving this!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So they should. They have just gotten 50% of SA's football population switching over to them and boycotting the other mob (and their name no longer should be mentioned on this board).

Mike Smithson is such human garbage. Tries to package himself up as this hard hitting, investigative journalist, but he's nothing more than a populist piece of shit who panders to the status quo and marches to the drum of the Adelaide establishment. A sad, pathetic click bait journo and nothing more.

And he allegedly blows goats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It says a bit about how toxic the Port Adelaide v Channel 7 relationship has become that David Koch, a Channel 7 personality and ratings drawcard, will apparently be going live on the Channel 9 footy show tonight to list off his and our grievances.
Awesome. I hope this is true.

Yes. Like me you're probably old enough to remember when investigative journalism was a revered profession where establishing the truth of any situation was paramount.
Channel 7's stable of Smithson, Hussey, Goodings, Doyle have no interest in the truth; they are just Crows/Adelaide establishment sychophants.

Sam Powell-Pepper breaks silence as Koch denies Channel 7 awkwardness
SAM Powell-Pepper broke his silence while David Koch put Port Adelaide above Channel 7 as the club dealt with a damaging AFL investigation.
PORT Adelaide star Sam Powell-Pepper has broken his silence on the incident that sparked a storm on Thursday while club president David Koch spoke about a potentially awkward conflict of interests with Channel 7.

The AFL suspended Powell-Pepper for three matches after an investigation found he had engaged in conduct “unbecoming for an AFL player by being intoxicated in a public place and by making inappropriate contact with a female” on a night out earlier this month.
More ..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sa...s/news-story/c706b52c3d9d65529c8c657715d6963d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back