Review Round 7, 2024 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

My mate D_One was in town from Sydney and we had a chat about Boak before the game, and we watched him closely during the game and yes I know he came back from injury, but he looks like he's just about done.

His leg speed is still ok, but his reactions have slowed down, and he looks like old man Boak when he's trying to pick the ball up off the ground. Kicking for goal wont improve, but players are still passing it to him to have shots on goal. Kicked 2 points for the game and I think he had a 3rd shot that didn't make it, but we both said Boak wont kick this as he was having a ping on goal.
Am I missing something that others are seeing? I thought 1st qtr he was vintage boakamon linking up well with the mids. Fizzed out a bit after that but I don't think he looks 'cooked' like I've seen some say on here. Do I think a younger player could offer more than him in his possie at this stage? Yeah, but he's there for his leadership on field which we sorely lack. For all of his aging flaws, he's still the one with the most desire to win a flag out of them all.

Willie Rioli accuracy at West Coast: 69%.
Willie Rioli accuracy at Port: 63%

Charlie Dixon accuracy at Gold Coast: 70%.
Charlie Dixon accuracy at Port Adelaide: 61%

Jeremy Finlayson accuracy at GWS: 67%.
Jeremy Finlayson accuracy at Port: 53%

This should be in the Ken Hinkley’s Era Stats thread.

Am I missing something that others are seeing? I thought 1st qtr he was vintage boakamon linking up well with the mids. Fizzed out a bit after that but I don't think he looks 'cooked' like I've seen some say on here. Do I think a younger player could offer more than him in his possie at this stage? Yeah, but he's there for his leadership on field which we sorely lack. For all of his aging flaws, he's still the one with the most desire to win a flag out of them all.
Leadership hey? Tell me more about Boaks leadership besides workery hardery footballery not importantry.

Willie Rioli accuracy at West Coast: 69%. Willie Rioli accuracy at Port: 63%
Charlie Dixon accuracy at Gold Coast: 70%. Charlie Dixon accuracy at Port Adelaide: 61%
Jeremy Finlayson accuracy at GWS: 67%. Jeremy Finlayson accuracy at Port: 53%
And what's their win ratio from their old clubs to their new ones???

And what's their win ratio from their old clubs to their new ones???
Well Rioli won a flag and Finlayson made a GF. What point did you think you were making here exactly?

We've got a long way to go to be as bad as the SUNS.

Not really. We're probably closer to that metric this season than any other.

Watched the last quarter this arvo and saw Chadbro down on the bench in the last quarter.

Has he permanently moved down there and letting Carr and Goldsack call the shots from the box? I guess he doesnt have to make too many moves in the forwardline given our current gameplan.

More bench pressing you might say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want me to answer your questions, ask smarter questions.
QVpAcxa.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back