Scape Goat Alleged SPP incident/broken curfew + malicious and exploitative reporting by Channel 7 news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the Ch9 clip - AFL investigators are duty bound to report a sexual assault to the police if they find evidence of it.

Another nail in the coffin for Ch7’s narrative.

Just watched the KT presser. Thought he did better than he is being credited for.

He was never going to win a public slanging match with that Smithson dickhead. As raman said, sexual assault is a very broad term that covers everything from a quick tap on the leg to rape. KT had to tread very carefully because if he mentioned any sort of specifics from the video then channel 7 would have been all over it and claiming sexual assault no matter how minor the incident was. The strategy of saying 'we'll deal with channel 7 behind closed doors' was pointed and I thought effective.

Overall, I thought KT covering the channel 7 base while Kochie went after the AFL this morning was a good tactic. We've got our message across here on both fronts.

The only thing I was disappointed with was KT's comment right at the end where he said words to the effect of 'any AFL player being out at 3am on Hindley Street is a recipe for disaster'. Well KT, if you and the club actually believe this, you have the power to do something about it. There's no reason for any of our players to be out at that sort of time, ever. Make it a team rule and be done with it.

Absolutely! Make them wear a GPS monitoring unit also so we can monitor where they are at any time of the day and night or better yet shackle them to their rooms after dark so they can't get leave and into trouble, that should just about do it. Like it or not they are young (and often immature) boys who will make mistakes - sometimes those mistakes come with consequences, and sometimes those consequences are more serious than others. I think KT has handled it as well as can be expected. If SPP has any brains at all he won't be putting himself in a similar position again anytime soon.

The only thing I was disappointed with was KT's comment right at the end where he said words to the effect of 'any AFL player being out at 3am on Hindley Street is a recipe for disaster'. Well KT, if you and the club actually believe this, you have the power to do something about it. There's no reason for any of our players to be out at that sort of time, ever. Make it a team rule and be done with it.

"The 20-year-old was sanctioned by his teammates following an investigation into his behaviour at an Adelaide nightclub following the Power’s win over Brisbane on Saturday night. Powell-Pepper breached team rules by staying out past the 2am curfew and drinking to excess."

May be KT didn't want to play all his cards and may need for the final knock out blow, if it goes down that track.
Looks to me that the 7 scum are a little worried what that video might & MIGHT NOT show, hence their continual asking what's in the video. KT is no fool.

Just watched the KT presser. Thought he did better than he is being credited for.

He was never going to win a public slanging match with that Smithson dickhead. As raman said, sexual assault is a very broad term that covers everything from a quick tap on the leg to rape. KT had to tread very carefully because if he mentioned any sort of specifics from the video then channel 7 would have been all over it and claiming sexual assault no matter how minor the incident was. The strategy of saying 'we'll deal with channel 7 behind closed doors' was pointed and I thought effective.

Overall, I thought KT covering the channel 7 base while Kochie went after the AFL this morning was a good tactic. We've got our message across here on both fronts.

Well said, but, make what a team rule exactly? No-one to step foot on Hindley street? The players' curfew is 2am, yes?..Are you saying make it earlier?

They understand it fully. But they also know that by repeating it ad nauseam they will convince some people that we are withholding evidence. They are relying on the "if they say it on TV then it must be true" mentality.
Most of their audience wouldn't have taken the time to listen to any of KT's presser or interviews. All they would see/hear would be the bits that ch7 choose to edit expressly for their own agenda. If anyone does watch ch7 news tonight you can bet that's what they will have done. I don't need to see it to know that.
They're just scum trying to cover their own arses.

May be KT didn't want to play all his cards and may need for the final knock out blow, if it goes down that track.
Looks to me that the 7 scum are a little worried what that video might & MIGHT NOT show, hence their continual asking what's in the video. KT is no fool.
The trick to anything like this is to never speak in absolutes.
As plenty have pointed out, something completely innocuous can later be used as evidence of lying.
Shame it doesn't work against the reporters and accusers though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just lol'd at the 7 news snippet i heard soon after hearing the 9 one on AA earlier. Basically why won't Port release the footage. Nothing like the 9 one that covered actual facts. What a shithole of a station. Arse covering at its finest going on.

Can we please get the ball rolling by at least terminating our sponsorship agreement with channel 7 and never ever supplying 7 Adelaide with a player, coach or official of any kind for interviews? Thnx. Xxx
Too complicated with kochie, wont happen.

Interesting though to see he'll be on the footy show tonight.

Is there a chance this attack by 7 adelaide is because someone there doesn't like Kochie?

Just seems odd, no other channel is going this hard at us. Sort of beyond a crows and port thing now..

So much different to Channel 7.

Don't think there was much in that interview other than SPP shitting himself. The so called "don't remember what happened" is a bit hard to accept.

I'm pretty sure most of us has gotten blind drunk but still had enough cognitive function to realise what your doing. Its only at the point before passing out that you may forget that part and usually involves hitting the deck and not looking to interact with other people.

Don't think there was much in that interview other than SPP shitting himself. The so called "don't remember what happened" is a bit hard to accept.

I'm pretty sure most of us has gotten blind drunk but still had enough cognitive function to realise what your doing. Its only at the point before passing out that you may forget that part and usually involves hitting the deck and not looking to interact with other people.

We've all been there..

Don't remember doesn't mean he was too drunk. It can mean there was no specific incident that come to mind.

Is there a chance this attack by 7 adelaide is because someone there doesn't like Kochie?

Just seems odd, no other channel is going this hard at us. Sort of beyond a crows and port thing now..

LOL, it's because AFC has bankrolled two programs on 7 in Adelaide - the Crows Show and Footy Plus. And as such, they are helping 7 Adelaide remain relevant by producing local content and keeping the network above water.

It's more of a 'the enemy of my friend is my enemy' type deal.

Remember, this isn't a Channel 7 vs Port feud. It's just a Channel 7 Adelaide vs Port feud.

I think there's plenty of peeps that don't remember much after having a big night. Some people can recall everything, too.

No, it is definitely a Crows vs Port thing and now 7 trying to save their arse, and face (which right now is up their arse)

And..I have had a couple of drunk nights of which I remember virtually nothing..SPP was extremely intoxicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back