Andrew Gaff post game reaction

Remove this Banner Ad

ShriekingShack

Senior List
Jun 9, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
What did you guys all think of it ? I thought he could have at least cracked a smile, or fist pumped or something. Instead, he looked like he was at a funeral or something. I found it hard to swallow, especially when Nic and others who missed out could at least act happy for their teammates. I thought he was a bit of a wet blanket and the reaction was selfish.

What do you guys think?

Kind of agree. To me it was also the look of a man that is leaving a premiership team without a medal and a good chance of missing out on another one in the next couple of years.. Last week I thought he may have been staying but after watching that I just cant see it.

Think it’s too hard to read into it one way or the other.

He’s been absolutely stoked after all our other finals wins. You could say it’s the look of a man who knows he’s leaving. You could say it’s the look of a man who made a once in a lifetime mistake that will now haunt him even more so.

Doesn’t strike me as the false bravado type, even if he’s leaving I’m sure he was rapt for his mates of the past seven years. Reckon it just all hit him at once. Would love to see footage of him as Sheed goaled, that’d be more telling to me than 20 minutes after when you’ve had a chance to stew.

What did you guys all think of it ? I thought he could have at least cracked a smile, or fist pumped or something. Instead, he looked like he was at a funeral or something. I found it hard to swallow, especially when Nic and others who missed out could at least act happy for their teammates. I thought he was a bit of a wet blanket and the reaction was selfish.

What do you guys think?
There’s a difference between being stuck on the sidelines injured, and being stuck there suspended. His actions cost him a medal.

Why is there a set guide on how people react? We're human and we all react differently to situations. Heck Willie Rioli looks shattered right after the siren went like we lost while everyone else was celebrating
willie-rioli-of-the-eagles-reacts-as-the-final-siren-sounds-during-picture-id1043271864

There’s a difference between being stuck on the sidelines injured, and being stuck there suspended. His actions cost him a medal.
It's not about him though. It's about the team. Regardless of if he missed out or why, he should be cheering on his 22 brothers that just won one. If he can't do that, then i don't even want him anymore. He can go to North and I'll be shouting out asking him where his premiership is every time we play them.

I think he will probably look back on his reaction with some regret - stay or most likely, leave.

That said, he is clearly not in a good place - he’s a broken man right now and I think this whole thing + his dad has left him something of a shell.

It was disappointing to see him appear basically devastated but that was obviously how he felt - not willing to throw the bloke under a bus for not hiding his true feelings.

Settle down people.
Unless you're his psychologist, your interpretation of his emotional state is just your opinion on how one should react.
Outcasting him by saying you don't want him because of his reaction to our victory is ridiculous.
His contribution throughout the season should not be ignored.

Supported him nonstop since the incident and very much hope he stays but I couldn't help but think of a wet blanket as well when I saw him after the siren.

Cut him some slack. He is totally broken.

Probably ever since he was 6 years old it was his life's dream to be up there as a premiership player. He had dedicated every waking moment, done all the hard yards. Years and years of hard work.

Then to blame yourself for having it ripped away, one split second of madness basically destroyed his life dream.

Not an easy pill to swallow. Would you rather he faked his emotions?

What do you guys think?
Totally Agree!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will never be in his position so you'd never know. I bet he absolutely wanted to get around the boys and try to enjoy it but sometimes emotions take over. He probably was using every bit of willpower not to cry like a baby in front of millions of people.

He broke a blokes jaw, was crucified in media and he's standing there as everyone else becomes a premiership player. Imagine how many kilometers Gaff has ran in his lifetime? Imagine how many times his whole body would have ached? And he's standing there in a suit.

I think he probably felt he couldn't be seen enjoying it. I feel for the guy but this is the ultimate punishment for his very bad mistake.

You will never be in his position so you'd never know. I bet he absolutely wanted to get around the boys and try to enjoy it but sometimes emotions take over. He probably was using every bit of willpower not to cry like a baby in front of millions of people.

He broke a blokes jaw, was crucified in media and he's standing there as everyone else becomes a premiership player. Imagine how many kilometers Gaff has ran in his lifetime? Imagine how many times his whole body would have ached? And he's standing there in a suit.

How would you know? I could be Brad Sheppard you know.

Consoled myself missing the GF by banging the weathergirl.

Who know's what emotions were flooding through him.
Missed out on a flag with a team of mates he lost a GF with through a dumb split decision that went horribly wrong.
Jealousy, frustration, embarrassment, heartbreak, even joy and happiness for his mates all rolled into one.

If I had to have a guess I think it just made his decision all that harder and if his dad was well with no problems that decision would be a whole lot easier.
He would know deep down that his best chance at a flag is with the Eagles as you would think he, Shep and nicnat back will only make them better.
Poor guy with a lot on his shoulders and mind.

he looked like a man who was devastated at the fact that his own actions cost him the chance to win a premiership

i don't think many of us would've handled it well

Bit of a sliding doors moment, too.

With Gaff in the side the obvious omission is Sheed...

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Gaff post game reaction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back