Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

As entertaining as it is watching a section of North fans get carried away with 'inside info' which invariably turns out to be wrong, suuuuurely the club can acknowledge that this sort of thing is best handled behind closed doors?

Franklin to Sydney was teed up a year in advance. A week out we thought he was off to GWS. All the North offers seem to be public knowledge for months. Hell they've been talking publicly about Kelly since last year...

As entertaining as it is watching a section of North fans get carried away with 'inside info' which invariably turns out to be wrong.........

Mail was rock solid.

This is why I'm proud of my club.
Everyone would just prefer us to stop having a crack, roll over, die. But we don't listen to any of that bullshit nonsense.
We are there, every year, competing, punching above our weight, trying to improve our list.
We were supposed to finish bottom 2 this year. Just missed finals.
Unlike almost every other club, we've never finished bottom in the AFL era. Never had a number 1 draft pick. Or a priority pick. Never tanked.
Box on!

Are you saying there is still a chance?

It's not really that, as there is a lot of noise about it from a lot of people with a professional stake in the matter, so I strongly assume he has back flipped, I just don't want to state certain things until it has been confirmed.

Yeah.

Shaun Atley.
Mate I don't rate Shaun Atley. He is an OK C grade footballer. Sure he might get a game at Carlton but I wouldn't be clucking about raving about him as a future star or long term option. You ask for neutrals evaluation of Atley and I doubt you'd find many rating him anything more than an OK player

North fans, genuine question, does anyone have any concerns about what seems to be a tactic of trying to lure a big fish every year? Would you be better off getting players just below that (Polec is a good pick-up in this respect) and developing the youngsters (apologies if you're doing this already and I'm just ignorant).

That big player approach smells of Carlton which, I'd argue, has been to their disadvantage.

Nope. I want North to go after any good player that fits our needs. I'd rather we be rejected than not try at all.

Also, with the exception of Williams, our entire forward and back lines are made of drafted talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Bowen is a North Melbourne man, and based on the afl.com article has spoken to the club.

Herald Sun say they have spoken to the Eagles.

Eagles twitter account would have required approval internally to send that out, even if it has since been deleted (did have Govs signature on it not Gaffs)

6 hours since it broke and still no denial from North or Connors.

Its true

Good we can spend the money on someone not afraid to win his own ball

This is why i didn’t care if Gaff left. Bit overrated but at the same it’s not like I didn’t want him to sign.

I do think we wouldn’t have won that grand final if Gaff was on the field after being 5 goals down. Maybe I’m just being hard on Gaff, but the boys showed their toughness in that GF, and Gaff hasn’t done that in his whole career.

I’ve said it before, Gaff is probabky the least important midfield on our team. Would’ve been a lot of money for a player like Gaff, I think you’ve dodged a bullet if I’m being honest, at that price tag anyways.

Last edited:
Gee, North supporters turned on Gaff quickly.

24 hours ago he was going to guide them to a flag. Now, he's a spud who can't win his own ball.
He's gone from being exactly what they needed to a soft outside runner that can't win his own ball. A day is a long time in football.

Maybe the $8m was like a Gold Coast relocation $8m.

'Andrew you will get $8m over 7 years if you play for us'
'Awesome that sounds great, where do I sign?'
'About the $8m...'
'Yes?'
'It's contingent on a new stadium being built and all these other factors that I won't go into... If that all doesn't go ahead you'll actually just be paid the same as you were at WC'
'Oh'

#KeepGaffWest!

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back