Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

End of the day I love the fact that we make other clubs spend more to keep their stars

People think players are loyal to the club :drunk:

Interesting to listen to Andy Bradshaw on the radio. Hoping Gaff goes back to back with the Roos winning the 2019 flag.

Stranger things have happened!!
Will be interesting when Freo go after him before another Freo player gets cleaned up. Maybe they'll learn their lesson then

Why does this keep happening to North? With all the money they're throwing at players at other clubs for the last couple of trade periods, you'd think they would've landed one or two big fishes by now yet they remain empty handed thus far.

On a side note as much as I wanted gaff to leave the eagles as they are a better team with him in it, it’s good to see a bloke choose less money to stay at a better club rather than take the cash to play at a shit club.
Kudos to Gaff.

Less payments on the books.

End of the day I love the fact that we make other clubs spend more to keep their stars

People think players are loyal to the club :drunk:

Weird.

I’d say Martin took market value to stay with us. He could of taken a lot more to go to you guys and said no. That’s loyalty in my book.

Also the North fans thinking it harms salary caps, well hasn’t really effected ours. Tom Lynch coming on board for unders. You see, good clubs attract major talent for market value or under. You guys can’t attract anyone for well and truly overs.

Weird.

I’d say Martin took market value to stay with us. He could of taken a lot more to go to you guys and said no. That’s loyalty in my book.

Also the North fans thinking it harms salary caps, well hasn’t really effected ours. Tom Lynch coming on board for unders. You see, good clubs attract major talent for market value or under. You guys can’t attract anyone for well and truly overs.
He is talking about the increase in the offers Martin and Gaff would have initially received.

Dusty got a massive jump to where he ended up. Not sure Gaff started at 900k either.

From what i read Apparently he'd committed to us. Not claiming to know because I'm not ITK. But if he did commit, and has now decided not to come, then i wouldn't want such a flakey pea heart on our list anyway.
Yeah you'd hate it if he came.

Good call Rod

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what i read Apparently he'd committed to us. Not claiming to know because I'm not ITK. But if he did commit, and has now decided not to come, then i wouldn't want such a flakey pea heart on our list anyway.

He did, and we delisted a kid to make way for him.

Still awaiting confirmation before I have more to add.

If everyone else overpays then North have heaps of money to spend on all the players that other teams haven't prioritised.

We got a decent one this year already, and a good spec backup.

Didn't North fans say something similar about Dusty last year? How is it that two players can "commit" and then go back on their word?

Seems more likely that posters are just trying to save face after jumping the gun thinking they were sign and sealed to the club.

So again, just reinforces the ticker of the bloke if he's just cost a kid his AFL career.

Maybe his whack on Brayshaw wasnt as "out of character" as many are peddling.

Geez......You really are taking this badly.

Considering no-one on here knows exactly who said what to who.

Been reported for weeks it was down to two clubs.

And suddenly a player recommitts to his club He's the devil reincarnated.

Wat?

List lodgment isn't for ages. How is North de-listing some kid to make room for a player they haven't signed the player's fault?
Gaff allegedly committed to us. We had to de-list a player to make room for him. He's now apparently flown to Melb today and told us to GAGF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back