Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely that would be the most insane thing ever in football. Like...ever.

I reckon we'd (the clubs) both lodge contracts with photocopied signatures on them and just wait and see which one the AFL approved first.

If Gaff is flying to/from Melbourne he's out of reception for 4 hours. Will land to 1,000 messages on his phone congratulating him on joining North and re-signing with WC.

Quite an amazing turn around, as much as I'd love to stick the boot into some posters he certainly was joining North.

But boy, some North supporters have covered themselves in excrement during this saga.

Maybe the $8m was like a Gold Coast relocation $8m.

'Andrew you will get $8m over 7 years if you play for us'
'Awesome that sounds great, where do I sign?'
'About the $8m...'
'Yes?'
'It's contingent on a new stadium being built and all these other factors that I won't go into... If that all doesn't go ahead you'll actually just be paid the same as you were at WC'
'Oh'

#KeepGaffWest!

Classy.:thumbsu:

Quite an amazing turn around, as much as I'd love to stick the boot into some posters he certainly was joining North.

factual post is factual

He did, and we delisted a kid to make way for him.

Still awaiting confirmation before I have more to add.

Who'd they delist? If it was Declan Mountford, has he even played much? I feel like he always gets brought up as a little add-on for trades by North fans.

But boy, some North supporters have covered themselves in excrement during this saga.

I know I'm being stubborn here, but I don't get why so many people were convinced he was going to North. All I ever saw/heard was that he had definitely NOT made a decision.

OK. Now I'm convinced. From the Eagles website.

Gaff said he was happy to have arrived his decision and was looking forward to being a part of the club’s campaign in 2019.

“I am very happy and I’m looking forward to building on the strong relationships that have been forged over the last eight years,” he said.

“I want to be a part of team success. It was unfortunate that I could not be a part of the grand final, just as it was for Nic Naitanui and Brad Sheppard. We know there are no guarantees, but with the rest of the squad I will start pre-season with the aim of creating another opportunity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That quick plane trip did have me puzzled. Amazing.

hpUGXjX.png

Okay, it has broken.

He committed to North last week and told us he was coming, North took him at his word and delisted Dec Mountford, then Gaff back flipped today (presumably after the Lycett coin upped the ante, which did occur).

The man is not only a sniper, he is a lying dishonorable rat and a lowlife skunk and I am glad his glaring character faults were unearthed before he arrived at our club.

I wish no ill will towards the WCE football club or its supporters, and I can empathise on the roller coaster ride this turd has put them through.

I can only say in leaving that I truly hope bad karma follows him for the rest of his days. Life will catch up with him somewhere.

Maybe they should have waited a week to delist mountford? What was the rush?

That sounds like bullshit. Or incompetence.

Maybe they should have waited a week to delist mountford? What was the rush?

That sounds like bullshit. Or incompetence.

Considering that according to some here (some of the same fools who are saying Gaff was locked) that last year Dusty had committed before backflipping when he went to NZ, then taking Gaff at his word and delisting a player because of it is the height of incompetence. :$

If that's how it happened of course...

I am actually shocked he is staying. With everything that happened at the end of the season with the Brayshaw hit and missing the flag, I was absolutely certain he would want a fresh start. That's all before factoring in his old man's apparent health issues back home.
People will say 'why leave a club that was won a flag?". Well, history shows how difficult it is to go back to back. I honestly believe that in these modern times where teams are coming from 13th one season to premierships and grand finals the following year, North and West Coast are just as strong as one another when it comes to possibly winning the 2019 flag. He doesn't owe them anything because they got the job done without him. They must have a very strong culture going on currently under Adam Simpson, because i'd have to think it couldn't have come down to anything else in the end.

Okay, it has broken.

He committed to North last week and told us he was coming, North took him at his word and delisted Dec Mountford, then Gaff back flipped today (presumably after the Lycett coin upped the ante, which did occur).

The man is not only a sniper, he is a lying dishonorable rat and a lowlife skunk and I am glad his glaring character faults were unearthed before he arrived at our club.

I wish no ill will towards the WCE football club or its supporters, and I can empathise with the roller coaster ride this low life turd has put them through.

I can only say in leaving that I truly hope bad karma follows him for the rest of his days. Life will catch up with him somewhere.
You literally havent the faintest idea.

Same as the Lynch to Collingwood call not 4 weeks ago.

It's not really the point.

A liar cost a kid a spot on an AFL list. It's beneath contempt.

You really are a sad human being if this is what you really think.

Andrew Gaff owes your club nothing, verbal agreements (which may or may not have been made), are meaningless and empty until the ink dries on the dotted line.

Grow up and deal with it you sad man.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Okay, it has broken.

I wish no ill will towards the WCE football club or its supporters, and I can empathise with the roller coaster ride this low life turd has put them through.

You talk so much crap, Dec Mountford FFS. Didn't play a single game this year. You can have him back if you want, no one else would want him.

Okay, it has broken.

Are you kidding me? North has delisted 8 players and Jarad Waite retiring. They did not need to delist Dec to find a spot for Gaff. Dec was delisted because he’s no good.

North can actually sign him back up if they want, no rule saying a delisted player can’t then sign back at the club. He’s a delisted free agent now, he can sign anywhere. Let’s see North give him a contract.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back