Andrew McGrath Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The salt levels at Hawthorn have reached an unprecedented high.
September rolls around and there is no Hawthorn so they don't know what to do with themselves :drunk:

A few years in the doledrums and the worst scandal in AFL history makes a pretty meaningless medal like the Rising * pretty sweet

Small victories I spose

It's a "good time" to be a Bomber supporter

Errr sure

Anyway - don't mind some Bomber players these days so will be intresting to see how they go next week.

Hope Jobe plays a stinker but. Hate the c***

Lol. Hope McGrath has a better career than Rhys Palmer!

Know Burton certainly will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it make you feel better to denigrate a young player? The top five will all have excellent careers. Pretty obvious to anyone who watches footy that McGrath will have a better career than Palmer

It is amazing how someone won the award by hand passing all season. Kudos to him
Yeah except he didn't just handpass all season. That's BigFooty junkspeak that has somehow taken hold with a select group of people.

I honestly don't understand all the angst. It's a meaningless feel good award. They're both outstanding young players, as is Curnow and SPP and several others, and they will all have outstanding careers I am sure.

The trashing of these kids by people who actually cared about the outcome of this is beyond pathetic.

A few years in the doledrums and the worst scandal in AFL history makes a pretty meaningless medal like the Rising * pretty sweet

Small victories I spose

It's a "good time" to be a Bomber supporter

Errr sure

Anyway - don't mind some Bomber players these days so will be intresting to see how they go next week.

Hope Jobe plays a stinker but. Hate the c***

Gee for a guy who thinks the award is meaningless you sure have posted a lot about it recently.

I follow football somewhat closely and I genuinely do not know who Andrew McGrath plays for or what position he plays. Says something.
I can only assume you didn't watch the late season game your mob had against Essendon then.

McGrath played on, and completely blanketed, Eddie Betts.

I follow football somewhat closely and I genuinely do not know who Andrew McGrath plays for or what position he plays. Says something.
Yeah that you don't follow football that closely. How can someone who follows Footy closely not know who the No 1 draft pick is?

Worth it for Hawthorn melts alone.

I was far more impressed with Sam Powell-Pepper's year. I would go

SPP
McGrath
Burton
I'm glad we still make you happy after all you've been through. Still, having dragged the game through the mud for since 2012, watching us win three in a row must have been painful...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it says you lie about following football closely. Imagine not knowing who the number one draft pick that wins the RS is. Filthy casual

The bigger disgraces are those that found votes for Melican, McGrath, Burton, SPP, Curnow & Hipwood was a standout top 5 for mine, maybe you could make a case for a vote to SPS or Phillips but Melican?

Burton stiff not to win, I really think these awards should be done better somehow, maybe just one vote per judge and judged by assistant coaches? I also reckon that the McGrath camp definitely ramped up his case since that Eddie Betts game when I thought up until then he was cleary behind Burton and SPP.
Never mind that Burton took Tex to the cleaners and kicked two game breakers against ADL - on that basis he'd win. McGrath's a gun, good luck to him, and I can't be arsed whether he or Burton wins. What I am arsed about is the AFL's manipulation of the comp, awards, whatever. If they'd shown Brisbane half of what they've shown Essendon since end of 2016 then BNE would be far better off.

Still don't think Essendon should have gotten pick 1. With their players coming back from suspension, they were not really the worst team in the league.
Say a middle of the pack team finishes bottom because of a poor year due to a huge injury list and maybe coaching changes. You think the AFL should make a judgement call on who has the worst list rather than who finished last? That would be a pretty silly precedent.

Say a middle of the pack team finishes bottom because of a poor year due to a huge injury list and maybe coaching changes. You think the AFL should make a judgement call on who has the worst list rather than who finished last? That would be a pretty silly precedent.
The fact they finished last was to do with the consequence of individual sanctions rather than a club punishment. Some of those individuals actually played for other teams at the time. It was not a foregone conclusion that they would come last either.

The team copped their whack in 2010 for Governance

There would have been a stronger argument to not give over the number one draft pick if there was a punishment for the club in relation to doping. No club officials were charged under the ASADA act with the exception of Dank.

An interesting exception is Dank however. He was a club employee who was found guilty of doping. As to whether this in itself indicates a line of responsibility to the club for doping might justify a club punishment for doping rather than just for governance. This would not fit with the "rogue" narrative however.

Anyway. I'm all HTB'd out Mxett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back