Andrew McGrath Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, the bay is getting worse and worse eh?

*GASP*

Crown Bet and 17 "reporters" no match for the Essendon Media Mafia. Oh the scandal!

I hope the AFL don't get wind of this or they might ask him to hand it back.
I don't mind people mocking or disagreeing with me.

But people like you on BF who twist the actual message in a post, and also use sarcasm on top, to create a response.

Just go w#$% in a tissue you boring fan.

Note: there were Essendon posters who disagree with me, even direct to my post, that i respect more that yashite

Giving them pick 10 would have been fine, as it could have been argued that with their players back they were a middle of the road team. Just don't give them pick 1 as they were not the worst team in the league.

The team played under a ton of pressure for 3 seasons and the club had 3 picks stripped from them. Then despite only 2 out of 6 judges being able to find that the players could not prove their innocence, because anti doping rules don't require a proof of guilt, 34 players were suspended for a year. This led the club to finish on the bottom of the ladder. Of course they get the first pick.

The club paid a big price. It has created a huge dent in the careers of the more experienced players and seen a few of them lose their passion for the game. That anyone would now complain about Essendon getting the first pick is bizarre.

I have wondered how good we would have been this year if we had Ryder, Hibberd and Carlisle on the list instead of Langford, Francis and whoever we got in the second round this year (Ridley?). It will pay dividends in a few years time, but by then it may be past the prime of Hurley, Hooker and Bellchambers.

Yawn?

You are Geelong-geeking out over this thread Excell!!!!

Your a bore. I`m a bore. He's a bore. She`s a bore.

But you are in a river of your own batter over this thread.... and when the hand-bagers are in the finals. So shameful your fake munificence to mcthrag

#can'twaitforcatdonsrivalry
#webeatyouwhenitmatters
:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But but but the STATS!

Cyril averaged 8 kicks in 2008.

Palmer completely dominated him in the stats. But Hawthorn supporters claim dat dey woz robbed in 2008.

Hypocrites of the highest order.

Burton was just as impactful as McGrath though. Not sure where this idea that he's picked up meaningless numbers has come from?

He's already our best kick in a side full of great kicks. Rarely wastes one.

He's not some guy racking up cheapies and kicking it sideways. He's drifting off the opposition key forward and hurting them the other way. Very few seasoned veterans can pants Tex Walker let alone kick two match winning goals on him.

McGrath and Burton are good no doubt about it I do, however, think Sam Powell-Pepper was pretty stiff not to win it. He was miles ahead half way through the season, and sure he faded toward the back half but playing as key inside midfielder in a top 5 team in your very first season of AFL is in itself leagues ahead of the others. McGrath and Burton played in far easier positions for the whole year imo (Burton played loose all year as well).

A little bit Vic of bias there, no doubt the hard campaigning toward the end of the season for McGrath got him over the line which is a bit of a shame really. Lobbying is a such a garbage part of the rising star.

Lol. Hope McGrath has a better career than Rhys Palmer!

Know Burton certainly will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd ALWAYS turns out better than first anyway.

93 - Buckley and was the best
94 - Chris Scott but mckernan was better
95 - nick holland (lol) McLeod, brad Johnson, oloughlin take your pick
96 - cousins hands down
97 - Michael Wilson, who???
98 - Byron Pickett who won or warren tredrea. I know who I'm taking.
99 - adam goodes but I'd prefer Simon black
00 - Paul haselby v anyone else. Lol.
01 - koschitzke, no offence great player but Kerr, McVeigh, Gia, Murphy (bob).
02 - lock in Riewoldt
03 - lock in mitchell
04 - Jared rivers omg, how about Mackie, ebert, cross, Cooney.
05 - Deledio easily beaten by Franklin, Roughead, Lewis anyone hawthorn drafted. This is a bit of a comparison to carlton this year v the pick 1 by Essendon
06 - Danyle Pearce or anybody else. Murphy, rischitelli, Birchall, swallow.
07 - Selwood probably deserved to be drafted higher apart from injury. Reminds me of Ryan Burton (turned down twice from Adelaide, his home town)
08 - Palmer NO. Not even close. Although his 2008 year was VERY Special. Unprecedented even (Clayton Oliver anyone. Lol)
09 - rich. Dangerfield hands down.
10 - Hannebery been ok but Fyfe, Martin, Scully, Hurley. AAs, Brownlow medallists. Pretty impressive year.
11 - Heppell. Shit year really. All pretty similar.
12 - Talia AA amd a great 10 year full back. Realistically he's better than rance coz he plays on an opponent and regularly beats them.
13 - Omeara??? Yet to tell. Potential to ruin a decade of hawthorn. Wines macrae tom mitchell. Plenty better. Hawthorn glad they got an alternative in the same year.
14 - Taylor not even close to number two Bont.
15 - Hogan not even close to number two Cripps.
16 - too early to tell but mills looks special. Needs to show it in the midfield I would of thought eventually.
17 - Burton was the favourite and had a better defensive year (same position), better statistically. Not sure what they vote on otherwise. Potential??? Media needed to boost burton more after coming back from possibly the worst junior injury in a long time to come back from.

I think that is why they gave it to the guy that was clearly second this year. They are stopping the rot.

Haha what's this place going to look like if we win next week?

I hope you do mate Just can't support the swans.

Congratulations McGrath he had a great year, did a great job in defence. Thought it was close with our boy just in front before the count but a case could be made for either to have won.

Think all those top 5 guys will be out and out stars for years to come

Mostly joking but Wilbur only averaged about 15 touches a game across half back. Did win a premiership when most players don't. Other players that year that were individually better footballers, woewodin, Joel Bowden, Bradshaw among others not nominated.
Did you see wlibur play? If you did you know any club would have traded him in. Hard to find a bigger competitor than him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back