Society/Culture Andrew Thorburn - Controversial appointment as Essendon CEO. Broader discussion not for the AFL board..

Remove this Banner Ad

Because it is access to women's health. You know there are certain types of pregnancies that can kill a woman if not for medical intervention. It's not all just getting an abortion because you don't want a kid.

And the percentage of people who would use abortion as a form of birth control would be very low. It's not a walk in the park procedure.
It's the dishonesty around the subject that I abhor. The vast majority of abortions are for convenience. That's a fact. Yet rape and incest or the life of the mother being at risk are constantly thrown up. These are very rare and extreme examples. This in itself tells me those who support it have a sense that they are on shaky ground focusing on the overwhelmingly most common reason for it. So other than rape, incest or a mum's life being in danger you oppose abortion? If not, why go to the outliers?

This is a little surface level by your lofty standards, Chief.

Don’t get me wrong, I have pretty conservative views, but I’m pro choice.
However I’d like to see it work both ways…

If a woman has the right to opt out of parenthood, why can’t a man do the same?
A woman should and has every right to say “I don’t want this baby”, and a man should have no say in that.
But if a man says, “I don’t want this baby”, he’s told to “pay up for 18 years”.

It’s a very unfortunate double standard, wouldn’t you say?

I had this conversation with my Boyfriend once. I don't want children and he does. I'm on birth control for that reason.

But we did sit down and talk about what would happen if the birth control failed. He said he would want to keep the child and I said that's fine, but I'll sign over all parental rights to you and pay you child support.

I don't hate kids but I don't want to be a mother so that's the agreement we came too.

Edit: when I say he does I don't mean he wants them, he has already had kids but he is not against having another, but it's not dealbreaker for him.

Last edited:

A woman should and has every right to say “I don’t want this baby”, and a man should have no say in that.
But if a man says, “I don’t want this baby”, he’s told to “pay up for 18 years”.

A man can say that - he says it by wrapping his dick before he has sex.

We can. It’s called dont have unprotected sex. Easy.

Shocking! How dare Christian men gather together. Our society has lost the plot. You are actually posting a photo of Christians as though it's sick crime. Imagine if I posted a photo of Houli with a couple of Muslim friends and implied it was a disgusting thing to see?

Lmfao and the left are logical? Do you not understand Western Civilisation was built on religion and its morales, The reason we are all around today watching football together 'inclusively' is because of the foundations the Western world was built on! If Religion wasn't so inclusive you wouldn't be here to argue about it that's for sure.
No it was not

It's the dishonesty around the subject that I abhor. The vast majority of abortions are for convenience. That's a fact. Yet rape and incest or the life of the mother being at risk are constantly thrown up. These are very rare and extreme examples. This in itself tells me those who support it have a sense that they are on shaky ground focusing on the overwhelmingly most common reason for it. So other than rape, incest or a mum's life being in danger you oppose abortion? If not, why go to the outliers?

Etopic pregnancies aren't rare. Uncommon. But not rare. If i where to get pregnant I am at a high risk of having one of those types of pregnancies.

To be honest, I couldn't care less whether someone has an abortion. It doesn't effect me in the slightest. That is something between the people involved and their medical practitioner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can. It’s called dont have unprotected sex. Easy.
You know how sex works, right?
Two (or more if that’s what you’re in to) people have sex. So two people have protected or unprotected sex.

Sorry Dave, but you don’t speak for me, so when you say “we”, I think you mean “I”.

Shocking! How dare Christian men gather together. Our society has lost the plot. You are actually posting a photo of Christians as though it's sick crime. Imagine if I posted a photo of Houli with a couple of Muslim friends and implied it was a disgusting thing to see?

Would love it. Houli is a great man and does great inclusive things. Fire away big man

I think this has been a massive contributor towards male suicide numbers rising.

It’s actually *ed up and I’m pro-choice too.
Eight men a day in Australia. And approximately five of those eight are a result of these types of issues.

So it’s solely the man’s responsibility? The woman has zero accountability? Is that it?

The point was that women have the choice as to whether or not they have a baby.

The response is that men have that choice as well.

Your post is irrelevant.

I saw them, to me they’re no different from the churches that wont appoint women as minsters, still defend sex offenders, not to mention the misogynistic attitudes to birth control and abortion. They’re all as bad as each other.
Many women oppose abortion. Are they misogynists? When will people stop branding those who hold a different point of view with sickening labels.

Do you also disagree with all the abortions God causes?

I've never once read the bible but from what I've heard Jesus was a good bloke.
Didn't he love everyone? I doubt he would have cared if someone was gay or had an abortion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Andrew Thorburn - Controversial appointment as Essendon CEO. Broader discussion not for the AFL board..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back