News Andrew Thorburn is retaining legal counsel for wrongful termination by the Essendon Football Club. NOW WITH BIG BANGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I'm constantly surprised how this premier escapes criticism.
I'm happy to engage further once you draw a logical line between Andrews being a Mick and why he should either be sacked or criticised for it. Any meat you can put on those bones?

Falau now Thorburn , whose next , the first fellow was even talking inside closed doors of his church, those persecuting these two men fromthe Left wing wokery of political correctness , need to grow some brains, and those who have any ideals of decency should go after Andrews and Essendon with fire in their belly we are beciomming a stupid irrational no brained nation.

We already have beciommeedd a stupid irrational no brained nation 1665140114552.png

Plain and simply his leadership roles conflicted. His church hates gays, his club accepts gays. How could he even go to church after spending a day at work breathing in the same air and god forbid speaking to the gays.

Before you go ballistic get it into your brain that we are talking about LEADERSHIP roles and not standard pleb roles.

View attachment 1528715

To be CEO of one of Australia’s biggest sporting clubs, he was asked to condemn comments such as these regarding concentration camps and abortion, and stand down as chairman of the organisation that aired them and displayed them on its website.

He refused.

The fact there is even a discussion about this is laughable. It’s just full of spivs and opportunists like Andrew Bolt, Peter Dutton and their followers.

It’s 2022. If you don’t like it, turn off your computer, read a book and dream of 1955.

[Laughably, the church itself has now removed such stupidly offensive content from its website. Wow, who know this made us look bad!!]
Love the way it says "we are all made in the image of God" like it's an accepted fact.

I mean, these are grown adults talking here presumably. I love Grimms' Fairy Tales, but do any grown adults live their lives as if Grimms' Fairy Tales are fact?

What I still can't get over is despite the religious BS this "man" should never have been put in charge of another organisation bigger than a lemonade stand.

His corporate governance is non existent and yes as per his demand the buck did stop with him #Woops.

This person was literally eviscerated by a Royal Commission FFS

We actually had a good laugh about it yesterday at our team meeting and his idea of the "big red couch" where he could discuss issues with staff BUT outside his LT the staff had to be vetted .... probably why Barham appointed him knowing that the coteries wouldn't be allowed to talk to anyone in power :think:

Out of their arse. They often deliberately include the number of miscarriages to artificially inflate the number in order to make it look "worse".

Of course, they also never address the issue that if God hates abortion then why does he cause so many?
He is busy in Africa giving AIDS to baby's.

Ricky Gervais

What I still can't get over is despite the religious BS this "man" should never have been put in charge of another organisation bigger than a lemonade stand.

His corporate governance is non existent and yes as per his demand the buck did stop with him #Woops.

We actually had a good laugh about it yesterday at our team meeting and his idea of the "big red couch" where he could discuss issues with staff BUT outside his LT the staff had to be vetted .... probably why Barham appointed him knowing that the coteries wouldn't be al lowed to talk to anyone in power :think:
Its disastrously bad

He was originally appointed to talk to staff confidentially as part of the internal review and then lo and behold becomes the CEO

Great way to build trust.

Now.we have Sheedy getting Robbo to put up Hirds case again in today's HS. Fractured as ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what you mean by fair game. What you said is correct in the dated sense , the world has changed, but to remove someone because their institution of religion has written historically from the deep past words to the affect of anti homosexual activity is unacceptable , why has that got to be a reason to make someone so uncomfortable that they need to quit a new job, because they belong to the Church on the Hill???? Are we joking here?,

We could begin sacking every catholic and Muslim tonight, and perhaps Jewish workers , Hindis Budhists hell on Andrews pattern of behaviour all those religions are something he abhors? Yes ? No? He's messed his smart-alec words has he not .

Falau now Thorburn , whose next , the first fellow was even talking inside closed doors of his church, those persecuting these two men fromthe Left wing wokery of political correctness , need to grow some brains, and those who have any ideals of decency should go after Andrews and Essendon with fire in their belly we are beciomming a stupid irrational no brained nation.

How many beers in were you when you posted this?

We actually had a good laugh about it yesterday at our team meeting and his idea of the "big red couch" where he could discuss issues with staff BUT outside his LT the staff had to be vetted .... probably why Barham appointed him knowing that the coteries wouldn't be allowed to talk to anyone in power :think:

Yet he lives. Perhaps there is something to this Church? :think:

Love the way it says "we are all made in the image of God" like it's an accepted fact.
Would you tell people your dad is your dad without ever having a paternity test to prove that it isn't otherwise to what you think? Or would you expect people to accept it as fact without proof you f****** little dork?
Why wouldn't you want to know the facts about your conception, what are you scared of? Thinking isn't knowing dork, your dad may not be your dad 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm a three time unva****ated c***d19 survivor!!!!!!!!!!

Would you tell people your dad is your dad without ever having a paternity test to prove that it isn't otherwise to what you think? Or would you expect people to accept it as fact without proof you f****** little dork?
Why wouldn't you want to know the facts about your conception, what are you scared of? Thinking isn't knowing dork, your dad may not be your dad 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm a three time unva****ated c***d19 survivor!!!!!!!!!!
All class mate, all class.

Are you and others criticising him without knowing him?
I don't care about him personally, just think he has been unfairly treated

one doesn't need to know anything about his other than he failed to maintain a safe work environment at the church. As Chair his responsibility is to monitor the executive, to ensure they are maintaining a safe work environment. They didn't thus the Chair had to rectify the organisation which may have required terminating the executive.

He didn't thus he failed.

Would you hire someone as CEO who failed as a Chair, given a Chair role is infinitely easier to carry out than a CEO?

NO, He was sacked because of his church’s beliefs which he is the leader of.
He didn't.

He was sacked because of his religious beliefs.

to clarify, he was sacked due to his failures in his capacity as a Chair to maintain a safe work environment

beliefs of the church or his beliefs have nothing to do with his termination

Remove this Banner Ad

News Andrew Thorburn is retaining legal counsel for wrongful termination by the Essendon Football Club. NOW WITH BIG BANGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back