Anthony Stevens on Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't Carey her second dalliance at the club? I thought we delisted a kid for shenanigans.

Stevens separated when they moved bush to avoid publicity and try to "be normal". Maybe they reconciled and some of us never knew.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the interview. I'd like Mike to ask at what point did Stevo realise the GOAT was also an absolute campaigner of a human.
Yeah heard the same thing and the player in question has kids at the same school my kids go to.

The last i heard Stevo is up in Echuca. At a recent Easter he was in the local media up here in the GV doing a Good Friday Appeal of sit ups matathon or something.
Him and Doc were running a houseboat business up there from memory. Couple of country boys who were probably never really that comfortable living in the big smoke.

Wasn't Carey her second dalliance at the club? I thought we delisted a kid for shenanigans.

Stevens separated when they moved bush to avoid publicity and try to "be normal". Maybe they reconciled and some of us never knew.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the interview. I'd like Mike to ask at what point did Stevo realise the GOAT was also an absolute campaigner of a human.

Sent off to Freo, Stuart Anderson.

Wasn't delisted, was traded to Freo for Winston Abraham

Haha I didn't wanna name him... You just went bang!

Thought it was pretty common knowledge.

Stuart has been a allegedly was a bad,bad, boy. Years ago my mate taught with him in the Gippsland region and there were tales of a dalliance with a student which resulted in him leaving town.

Thought it was pretty common knowledge.

Stuart has been a allegedly was a bad,bad, boy. Years ago my mate taught with him in the Gippsland region and there were tales of a dalliance with a student which resulted in him leaving town.
Seems well and truly to have grown up now, assistant coach at Box Hill, trade by day and picks his kids up from school. And shit to trade him as part of the Winnie deal was awesome for us.

Stevo and Kellie are still together. They live in Echuca and Stevo is running a party hire company. Kellie is still up to her old tricks.

Yes he has the party hire business but i understand that he has another partner are they are not together.

Him and Doc were running a houseboat business up there from memory. Couple of country boys who were probably never really that comfortable living in the big smoke.
I spoke to Sholly on this....Stevo wasnt involved with the houseboat thing. But mentioned things werent good between the pair.(stevo and missus)

They are not together anymore, for the 50 trillionth time people, and haven't been for about 7 years....

FORMER North Melbourne footballer Anthony Stevens and wife, Kelli, have split - six years after her affair with Wayne Carey rocked the football world.

The Sunday Herald Sun understands the couple split about two months ago, only recently making it official.

When contacted, Stevens refused to comment.

Multiple sources in football circles confirmed the split.

Stevens was seen holidaying in Koh Samui without Kelli in mid-November.

The Stevens family, including children River and Ayva, live in Echuca, where they run a party hire business.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/stevens-split-up/story-e6frf7jo-1111118374962

I mean allegedly because I wasn't there, don't know the full extent of what happened and I have never heard a full account of it.

But, if it was consensual them she had committed the far bigger crime imo, she had made a commitment to Stevo, Carey never did. I think if he could bring it in his heart to forgive her and move on then why would you drag it through the media constantly, how can you move on by constantly reliving it?

I don't think the way he and the club handled it did anyone any favours.

They both cheated on their respective spouses, why is one a "bigger crime"?

As for the program, I want to hear from Stevo because I loved him as a player and he's a true Shinboner, not sure you can have a legit interview with him and not go to places that make most of us uncomfortable really.

I spoke to Sholly on this....Stevo wasnt involved with the houseboat thing. But mentioned things werent good between the pair.(stevo and missus)
Aaah cheers Oz. My memory isn't exactly reliable, even on a good day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the shit in here just makes me double face palm and shake my head at the same time.

1. If your name is not Anthony Stevens then it's not your decision on what, when and where Anthony Stevens talks about things

2. How on earth does anyone actually think that Carey could have stayed at the club and everything would have been hunky dory. He had to go and I'm ****ing glad he did because that 2002 season was all heart.

3. Wayne cheated on his wife FFS. Why are people still defending the campaigner and having a go at Stevo because he made a decision that again has nothing to do with anyone ****ing else!

4. Simon Cox is not a Wayne Carey nor is he an Anthony Stevens in terms of profile so the affair involving Scott West was never going to be as big of a story. Cox was traded to Hawthorn and West made a fairly honest speech at the B & F and not a **** was given after that.

I wake everyday to the sight of his final game jumper sitting proudly on the wall at home and cannot feel anything but love and respect for the champion bloke and Shinboner.

He can say whatever he likes afaic.

Eh, if he is putting his kids through this for a bit of cash then he has lost some of my respect... not that it would mean much to him I guess.

Maybe. Who knows what his motivation is. Probably sick of his kids hearing and reading tools like us gossiping and speculating about it so he wants to put the truth out there.

I just hope the focus of the shows also highlights what an unbelievably good footballer he was. Think of the bloke who currently wears his number and double it (not the number, the quality of the player in it!)

Carey copped more because he was the figure with profile.

Had it been Kellie with the profile she'd have been torn to shreds.

This, really.
I have an insane amount of respect for Wayne Carey's football prowess and I honestly believe he is the best player I've seen in my life in his prime. But my God he was (and still is) a massive shit head off field, and it still ****s me off that he has a prominent role in the media.

This, really.
I have an insane amount of respect for Wayne Carey's football prowess and I honestly believe he is the best player I've seen in my life in his prime. But my God he was (and still is) a massive shit head off field, and it still ****s me off that he has a prominent role in the media.

You run into him often these days?

I guess he should have just been stripped naked and strapped to a donkey with a bucket on his head and banished to the desert - how dare he try and get his shit together.

Some of the shit in here just makes me double face palm and shake my head at the same time.

1. If your name is not Anthony Stevens then it's not your decision on what, when and where Anthony Stevens talks about things

2. How on earth does anyone actually think that Carey could have stayed at the club and everything would have been hunky dory. He had to go and I'm ******* glad he did because that 2002 season was all heart.

3. Wayne cheated on his wife FFS. Why are people still defending the campaigner and having a go at Stevo because he made a decision that again has nothing to do with anyone ******* else!

4. Simon Cox is not a Wayne Carey nor is he an Anthony Stevens in terms of profile so the affair involving Scott West was never going to be as big of a story. Cox was traded to Hawthorn and West made a fairly honest speech at the B & F and not a **** was given after that.

This is spot on, to suggest the club handled this situation poorly is also way out of line. No club can prepare for something like this and at the end of the day we've move on and achieve so much since Carey left. Which again proves the old adage, that an individual is never bigger than the club.

This is spot on, to suggest the club handled this situation poorly is also way out of line. No club can prepare for something like this and at the end of the day we've move on and achieve so much since Carey left. Which again proves the old adage, that an individual is never bigger than the club.
*jameshird disagrees with this ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Stevens on Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back