Anyone going to Gold Coast v Carl Round 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, flights booked & cant wait.

Like those who have posted above, up for any pre-game drink options.

Just a question re: accomodation.

Would it be best to stay in the Valley or around the river / CBD for post game nightlife ?

I reckon this will be a sell out.
The AFL will promote this throughout QLD big time.
They will do whatever is required to give this launch maximum exposure - that in itself willmake for an amazing build up (no doubt fireworks & all the build up usually given to a GF).

I hope the club have a better contingency for club member seats than the usual interstate pre-sale a week or 2 prior via the club.

If you want to be with celebrating fans I'd imagine everyone will be hanging around the pubs near the Gabba.

If you want to go out to clubs and stuff after and see the Brisbane night scene you'd go valley.

Personally I wouldn't stay in the valley as the CBD/ Southbank area is way nicer. Either that or walking distance from the Gabba.

Normally the club reserved section is held & sold by Carlton for interstate games.

If I remember correctly, the S.A games usually had tickets sell about 10 days prior with delivery the monday / tuesday of the week prior.

You can get normal GA or reserved seats (non CFC section reserve) when they go onsale to the public.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be there and hopefully it's third time lucky! The last two times I've been was the game we got flogged when Pagan got the arse and the elimination final last year :(

Hey Kleenex, can prob get a house in Bris metro area or the suburbs which will be close-ish to the ground. Can walk or cab to & from the game. Would be close to clubs & pubs also.

Another idea for a crazy, sic weekend would be a beach house on the Gold Coast & organise a Maxi taxi to & from the game. Prob an hour on a Maxi there & back, but a beach house on the coast has its advantages (titts & ass everywhere advantages).

Thanks for the advice NavyBlue. Second suggestion may just be too hard to pass up.

This is nothing to do with acomidation,
I think the blues should play Watson rounds 1 and 2 especialy with Gold Coast he would have played against alot of the boys in the team in the U18 Championships.
With Richmond im sure we could find a task for matty aswell.

your thoughts,

This is nothing to do with acomidation,
I think the blues should play Watson rounds 1 and 2 especialy with Gold Coast he would have played against alot of the boys in the team in the U18 Championships.
With Richmond im sure we could find a task for matty aswell.

your thoughts,

Yeah, why not IMO. Both young teams so it will be a good way to introduce him to AFL.

havent made up my mind on going ...depends .... if we beat delusionmond by over 10 goals the week before then yeh it would qualify for me to go up there and hand out the same result to the beach bums footy club

havent made up my mind on going ...depends .... if we beat delusionmond by over 10 goals the week before then yeh it would qualify for me to go up there and hand out the same result to the beach bums footy club
I flew down to Melbourne this year to watch the Blues receive a footballing lesson from the Filth. Win, lose or draw you should make your way up to Brissy to watch the Blues do the same to the Suns :D

On the idea of playing Watson in rd 1 and rd 2 because it's 'just Richmond and the GC' is not the right way to go about it.

If we're giving games to players because the opposition is perceived to be of poorer quality, we may as well not show up.

The last thing we should be doing is giving games to players who are undeserving, or according to the quality of the opponent.

We play the best team we possibly can each and every week. If the MC is of the opinion that Watson is a part of that, then he plays. If not, not - none of this underestimating the opponent rubbish.

Hey guys sorry to drag this old thread out again, but what exactly is the go for buying tickets to this game? Do we have to do it solo once the AFL releases all its tickets soon, or do we go through the CFC so we can sit with other Carlton supporters. Me and my mate are both Captains Club members and are both keen to go, just want to make sure we are able to secure tickets.

What has been peoples' experiences in the past with buying tickets to interstate games.... have you been able to sit with other Carlton supporters?

Hey guys sorry to drag this old thread out again, but what exactly is the go for buying tickets to this game? Do we have to do it solo once the AFL releases all its tickets soon, or do we go through the CFC so we can sit with other Carlton supporters. Me and my mate are both Captains Club members and are both keen to go, just want to make sure we are able to secure tickets.

What has been peoples' experiences in the past with buying tickets to interstate games.... have you been able to sit with other Carlton supporters?

Shouldn't be a problem sitting with other Carlton supporters given that you are members. Just keep an eye out as to when the tickets are available, and it should be pretty easy.

I have finally decided that I will be heading up to watch the game. Hopefully I can still get some cheap airfares up north.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone going to Gold Coast v Carl Round 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back