Anyone going to Sydney for the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't take this as definitive, but I can't think of any motel type accommodation in the city. I know there are a few places like this in central Adelaide and Melbourne but not sure about Sydney. You might need to look to some of the inner suburbs - somewhere like Strathfield might have that type of accommodation, and would be convenient because the trains to Homebush stop there on the way to the stadium.

Alternatively, you could try a smaller, lodge type hotel which probably wouldn't be too pricey. I know there are a couple in Randwick (Randwick lodge, Alison Lodge) because I live close by. Randwick isn't really that convenient for Homebush though (but not impossible) - suburbs like Glebe, Newtown are at least on the right side of the city and might have similar kinds of places.

Not impossible - but not particularly convenient either. Depends on whether you want to be able to make a quick escape the next morning without venturing far from where you've stayed. There are airport and "normal" buses and a train that run from the airport to the city, from where you can catch a train to the stadium. But there's really not much else around the airport so it would be a pretty depressing place to stay.

thnx campbell, i did check that site out
and thanks to everyone else for their input, finally got a room, out at the holiday inn at the airport :( but that will do...after spending all day on the net and the phone i'm happy

I"M GOING!!!!!

And yeah we have 9 people booked in for accomodation. We went on the wotif site and found something. We're staying in one of the olympic villars.

Howz everyone getting there.

We're leaving here 9:00 friday night. Staying in Grafton (if we can find a spot - all booked out) for a quick ZZZzzzz and then heading down to sydney.

GOING TO BE AWESOME!!

My first footy away from the Gabba....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loud is what we were on Friday and lets all give it another big effort at the Telstra Stadium.

I went down there for the pre-season game and it is quite a good venue to view the game from.

This time there will be 75,000 instead of 7,500 so the atmosphere will be great.

GO LIONS!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone going to Sydney for the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back