Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be surprised if Henry gets debut in round 1. He is a clever player, and I wouldn't rule anything out; but I'd say more Macrae/Chugg best options right now. Henry is a bit thin on the physical side. But then, so was stevo.

I think Jen's been in the Macrae and Chugg camp more.

Have you attended enough sessions to make an assessment?

By the way, I read the article and Foxsports says not much fanfare coming out of Collingwood. What’s that about???? Hasn’t he/she viewed these threads?
We have one player that looks part Hird/Buckley/Daicos/Millane/WHE/Davis!
Not to mention the others......

Adding some seriousness for one moment, thank ****! Our own hubris has killed us over the years and it’s refreshing to hear we’re more closed off in 2021. Hopefully off field changes have meant the end of Tom Browne being fed stories...

Adding some seriousness for one moment, thank fu**! Our own hubris has killed us over the years and it’s refreshing to hear we’re more closed off in 2021. Hopefully off field changes have meant the end of Tom Browne being fed stories...
On this we agree, too much openness with the media invites abuse of that privilege.
Lack of accountability within the club for leaks and trumpet blowing is not a good atmosphere for young players learning the game.

I love Eddie and his passionate commitment to our club but his style has led to a 'Hollywood culture' that doesn't help with focus within the club.
Hopefully a new administration will get back to core business and ignore the media / outside general public as much as humanly possible.

Not convinced all the deadwood off field has been cleared so hopefully the new administration takes a serious accounting of the assets and defectives we have in club personnel and rationalizes the administration as severely as the playing list has been.

Last edited:
yeah, Chugg might be in the most covered position, but he can't do much more than he is. Being a rookie on a 1 year contract, can't blame him for putting everything in it. Probably wanted to get himself noticed, and that he has.

Unless you put crisp in the midfield rotation and put chugg in his place. Adds a healthy layer for competition for spots
Jen, have you seen IQ or Noble playing further upfield at any point?

By the way, I read the article and Foxsports says not much fanfare coming out of Collingwood. What’s that about???? Hasn’t he/she viewed these threads?
We have one player that looks part Hird/Buckley/Daicos/Millane/WHE/Davis!
Not to mention the others......
Shhhhhh.....don't tell anyone

Interesting... do we throw a comparison of Henry to Nick Davis into the mix? Probably projects to be slightly more overhead than Nick, but still probably in the right ballpark at his upside.

I'm getting excited about this Henry kid if this is accurate. If we're talking upside, it doesn't get much higher than Nick Davis. He was an awesome talent, who could have been great with the right attitude. He still had a very good career, despite being as lazy as ****.

I'm getting excited about this Henry kid if this is accurate. If we're talking upside, it doesn't get much higher than Nick Davis. He was an awesome talent, who could have been great with the right attitude. He still had a very good career, despite being as lazy as fu**.

Without him swans would still be looking for a flag for 70 plus years.

Geelong might of got an extra one too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adding some seriousness for one moment, thank fu**! Our own hubris has killed us over the years and it’s refreshing to hear we’re more closed off in 2021. Hopefully off field changes have meant the end of Tom Browne being fed stories...

I'm still waiting to see whether or not Tyler Brown has turned into Nat Fyfe yet

I love Eddie and his passionate commitment to our club but his style has led to a 'Hollywood culture' that doesn't help with focus within the club.
Hopefully a new administration will get back to core business and ignore the media / outside general public as much as humanly possible.

Then you'll get most on here whinging and bitching that the club gives us nothing
like Walsh's injury reports

I'm getting excited about this Henry kid if this is accurate. If we're talking upside, it doesn't get much higher than Nick Davis. He was an awesome talent, who could have been great with the right attitude. He still had a very good career, despite being as lazy as fu**.
Yep, such a talent, and of course he only peaked with another team. (lol) That last qtr when he destroyed the hopes and dreams of all Cats supports with just a few kicks is still one of my favourite football moments of this century.

I'd be surprised if Henry gets debut in round 1. He is a clever player, and I wouldn't rule anything out; but I'd say more Macrae/Chugg best options right now. Henry is a bit thin on the physical side. But then, so was stevo.
He's not that thin... photo from last week's training:

1613639273008.png

On this we agree, too much openness with the media invites abuse of that privilege.
Lack of accountability within the club for leaks and trumpet blowing is not a good atmosphere for young players learning the game.

Not convinced all the deadwood off field has been cleared so hopefully the new administration takes a serious accounting of the assets and defectives we have in club personnel and rationalizes the administration as severely as the playing list has been.
Yes, yes and yes!
The Hollywood culture at Collingwood has been holding us back for years. Time to strip that crap right back, back to the bone, back to the organs.

Get real:
We are not the biggest.
We are not the best.

Get Hungry and ready to hunt!

He's not that thin... photo from last week's training:

View attachment 1060712
I’d say Jens probably in a better position to judge his size than us since she’s watched him train several times rather than relying on photos, which can be deceiving.

I’d say Jens probably in a better position to judge his size than us since she’s watched him train several times rather than relying on photos, which can be deceiving.
Wise words Apex

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back