Apples' Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods, this is a training report thread, how about actually doing your job and keeping it on topic, most of us open this thread for actual training reports, not crap about candy.
Sorry Frank. I wondered about jumping on these candy bar references as they were getting to me also. I found it a Curly one and even sitting here making a Wurly in my hair with my finger trying to work it out I had no answer. So like a Cad Burys responsibility I just let it slide. To be honest I feel like a bit of a Fruit and Nut at the same time for not solving the problem.

Mods, this is a training report thread, how about actually doing your job and keeping it on topic, most of us open this thread for actual training reports, not crap about candy.
I believe today is a training day and we might actually have some news?
All the witty posts have been moved here.

OK, OK, fair point well made. Now if there were some actual training reports from our Melbourne based brethren then those of us thousands of miles from the Holden Center would not feel the urge to indulge in some levity....

Are we training down in the LaTrobe Valley this week due to the community camp stuff?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No that's where wise decisions and impulse control is kept. Fun Fact: On a dare, Heath Shaw had his frontal lobe removed when he first joined the club.
He thought that meant he can’t do a lob at the front of the net in tennis.

It was. The kick resulted in a slight nick, which isn't a concern, should be back by August.
Year?

Edit: was beaten to it.

Why have the training reports stopped? Supporters from outside Melb. like myself get no other information.
Maybe no one is going to watch the players train. Maybe feigning interest in the team on bigfooty is the true extent now of supporters' interest in the team and its prospects. Perhaps only the recruitment of Lynch can halt a slide into mediocrity and support has gone into hibernation pending the joyous day he becomes a Pie.

Maybe no one is going to watch the players train. Maybe feigning interest in the team on bigfooty is the true extent now of supporters' interest in the team and its prospects. Perhaps only the recruitment of Lynch can halt a slide into mediocrity and support has gone into hibernation pending the joyous day he becomes a Pie.
Hell I hope that's not reason!

Hell I hope that's not reason!
In all fairness though, I could see people thinking that about me, because I have elected to not renew my membership this year. However my decision is not based on my devotion levels for the mighty Pies, but more about the clubs lack of value shown for my membership. In the last 5 years I have only managed to get to Melb 3 or 4 times and on each occasion I have visited Pies headquarters and been treated no differently to that in which I would expect a non- Collingwood supporter would be treated. In fact my last visit to Melb. was in November. I walked approx. 5 miles each way in 40 degree heat, with the intention ( despite my previous experiences ) to renew my membership. However the indifference that I encountered was sufficient to see me leaving without having done so. I am a 7 year full social club member and this is not my only membership stint despite my personal economic status and at no time have I been treated any better. I have never been able to use my membership for admission to any games because they have all been " Maquee" games and I still kept up the membership. I have always been told that for various reasons I could not even look around the facilities, due to training drills taking place at the time etc. Not once have I even been given an option to return at a different time, to do so. The response to my visits ( some of which I was accompanied by my wife) has been totally embarrassing and now makes it impossible to justify the cost of membership to my wife and friends ( and myself). I will always support the pies but no longer as a member (sucker). I have been a supporter ( some would say fanatic ) more than 50 years and this is just so disappointing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back