APS Pre-season 2005/06

Remove this Banner Ad

GetSmart said:
With haileybury getting a kid from barbados that apparently bowls heat then him and collins who also bowls absolute smoke will tear top orders apart. sheetz is the only other fast bowler really in the aps. Should be a good year for the batsmen i would say. Hope i dont get picked against haileybury this year as i want my bones not broken.

yeah good point, but collins injured , so might not be as quick attack as you think.

GetSmart said:
With haileybury getting a kid from barbados that apparently bowls heat then him and collins who also bowls absolute smoke will tear top orders apart. sheetz is the only other fast bowler really in the aps. Should be a good year for the batsmen i would say. Hope i dont get picked against haileybury this year as i want my bones not broken.

stop talkin ur school up mate wait till mgs hit you hard you looser

umm footylife, he was saying that he wouldnt want to be picked to play against haileybury, so i doubt he goes to the school. get a fact right before you start abusing them.

watch out for harrod.a and gobbo opening up this year for mgs

what they lack in extrem pace, they make up for sharp movement and bounce

what ahs ever happend to the talk about skevs this year, they ahve a very strong squad this year which is young and may not be a threat this year but in 2 years will be in top 4 postion easily. they have 4-5 start young players coming through now such as dan hutton, tom hickey, karl wissel , dean tuckey and sean zaacari all making over 300 runs last year and 2 of those playing district and 1 of thos e being in the final 15 for dowling. skevs have just as much oppurtunity as any other team

what has ever happend to the talk about skevs this year, they ahve a very strong squad this year which is young and may not be a threat this year but in 2 years will be in top 4 postion easily. they have 4-5 start young players coming through now such as dan hutton, tom hickey, karl wissel , dean tuckey and sean zaacari all making over 300 runs last year and 2 of those playing district and 1 of thos e being in the final 15 for dowling. skevs have just as much oppurtunity as any other team

Sharty said:
what has ever happend to the talk about skevs this year, they ahve a very strong squad this year which is young and may not be a threat this year but in 2 years will be in top 4 postion easily. they have 4-5 start young players coming through now such as dan hutton, tom hickey, karl wissel , dean tuckey and sean zaacari all making over 300 runs last year and 2 of those playing district and 1 of thos e being in the final 15 for dowling. skevs have just as much oppurtunity as any other team

that isnt that goood. at least if he made a dowling side then yeah he was alright, but final 15. if they are young then they should be an eazy beat for the sides with the older teams. but yeah young sides can turn into a good team one day

tiger coll said:
watch out for harrod.a and gobbo opening up this year for mgs

what they lack in extrem pace, they make up for sharp movement and bounce

these harrords, can you give us some information on them as you guys are always talking about them.

New player for Haileybury, Jack Hellier. Can throw the ball like a rocket and with supreme accuracy. Also a huge hitter that can clear any boundary on the APS circuit. Watch out for this guy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believed played dowling for a couple of years, not sure who for though and was stiff not to get a invite to the Under 19 trials . thats what i heard, might be a dark horse this year!

The amount of names I've seen on here that are supposed guns, dark horses, superstar recruits and all this crap is a joke because if they were any good we would have heard about them already.

Stick the the cricket, and the facts please.

How about this as early pick for APS combined team based on last years form
DALY CG
MURRAY SC *

SARTORI MGS *
TREGEAR BGS
ANDREWS HC
DUNNE STK
GILCHRIST CG WK
VANCE MGS
SMITH SC [CAPT]
JACKSON HC
SCHEETZ SC *

12 CALDER BGS

very weak APS team...rumour has it that holland from HC is considering doing year 12 again...mite have to squeeze him in the if rumour is true

To spark some debate I will give my selections for APS season

1 Scotch Unlucky 2nd last season and best players back.
2 Hailebury Very strong on paper already and will probably add to
depth
3 Brighton Reigning premiers and hard to beat at home
4 Caulfield Virtually all team back
5 MGS Will surprise some teams but may lack batting depth
6 Xavier Will be very keen after disappointing season. Rarely have
2 bad seasons in a row
7 St. Kevins Strong year 10 group coming up . May be 1 year away.
8 Wesley Predict a much stronger team than this year
9 Geelong Coll Possibly best prepared team in comp.May be smokey
10 Carey and GGS Battle for spoon

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Pre-season 2005/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Back