Remove this Banner Ad

AFLprospectss

Senior List
Jun 27, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi all,

First and Final crack at a full national and rookie draft for 2016, did not have show upgraded rookies in the national draft, just passed and ended it. Rationale can be provided on request!

Hope you guys enjoy

NATIONAL
1_28.png

29_57.png

58_86.png

CLUB BY CLUB
Adelaide

National: Daniel Venables, Joseph Atley, Ben Jarman
Rookie: Jamie Hampton, Brayden Kirk, Kaine Stevens, Toby Pink

Brisbane

National: Ben Ainsworth, Alex Witherden, Sam Powell-Pepper, Cedric Cox, Jacob Allison, Declan Watson
Rookie: Patrick Lipinski, Liam Ryan, Jermaine Jones, Jack Rolls

Carlton

National: Will Brodie, Patrick Kerr, Ben Long, Tom Williamson, Brodie Romensky, Corey Lyons
Rookie: Kym LeBois, Sam Fowler, Dylan Whimpress, Hisham Kerbatieh

Collingwood

National: Josh Rotham, Callum Brown, Josh Daicos, Tony Olango
Rookie: Lachlan Tiziani, Matt Signorello, Ben Ronke, Tom Stewart

Essendon

National: Hugh McCluggage, Josh Battle, Will Drew, Josh Begley, Tyson Stengle
Rookie: Liam Baker, Jarrod Lienert, Harrison Pearce, Lachlan Walker

Fremantle

National: Sam Petrevski-Seaton, Brandan Parfitt, Matt Guelfi, Quinton Narkle
Rookie: Cameron Zurharr, Noah Hura, Bailey Banfield, Mason Shaw

Geelong

National: Brennan Cox, Jack Henry, Jack Graham, Esava Ratugolea, Mitch Hinge, Elliot Himmelberg
Rookie: Zach Guthrie, Jarrod Korewha, Jordan Sweet, Sam Simpson

Gold Coast

National: Tim Taranto, Jack Bowes, Jack Scrimshaw, Jy Simpkin, Brad Scheer
Rookie: Willie Rioli, Will Leslie, Daniel Charlesworth, Max Spencer

GWS

National: Andrew McGrath, Harry Perryman, Will Setterfield, Zach Sproule, Harrison Macreadie, Kobe Mutch
Rookie: Lachlan Filopovic, Jordan Harper, Max Lynch, Sam Fisher

Hawthorn

National: Bailey Morrish, Luke Bunker
Rookie: Alex Villis, Jack Roughesedge, Ari Sakeson, Robbie Fox

Melbourne

National: Hamish Brayshaw, Oscar McInerney, Steven Slimming
Rookie: Alex Mastromanno, James Cousins, Rohan Armstrong, Connor Byrne

North Melbourne

National: Oliver Florent, Taylin Duman, Luke Ryan, Tye Bedford
Rookie: Sean Darcy, Mitch Carter, Jake Brown, Andrew Boston

Port Adelaide

National: Todd Marshall, Jordan Gallucci, Jonty Scharenberg, Zac Fisher
Rookie: Peter Ladhams, Jake Pitman, Brett Eddy, Luke Reynolds

Richmond

National: Jodan Ridley, Kayle Kirby, Ben Davis
Rookie: Liam Mackie, Lewis Young, Reece Piper, Michael Gibbons

St Kilda

National: Dylan Clarke, Myles Poholke, Oscar Junker, Conor Noonan
Rookie: Lachlan Cameron, Jackson Lee, Jy Bolton, Oliver Hanrahan

Sydney

National: Griffin Logue, Jarrod Berry, Josh Williams, Ryan Garthwaite
Rookie: Sam McLarty, Louis Cunningham, Matt Wilson, Ryan Hebron

West Coast

National: Tim English, Shai Bolton, Jake Waterman,
Rookie: Luke Strnadica, Darcy Cameron, Calvin Thorne, Tom Charlton

Western Bulldogs

National: Will Hayward, Jack Maibaum, Sam Walker, Harry Morrison, Judah Dundon
Rookie: Mitch McCarthy, Nick Larkey, Sam McLachlan, Michael Romero

Why does everyone think we will go English with our first pick. \_0_/
He wasn't even the best ruckman in our under 18's team.
If you assign him to WC at least label him a KPP because his ruck work isn't that flash...... but YES he is tall we got that.

That said you have put a lot of work into this post so thank you for that . :thumbsu:

I do appreciate the effort.

Why does everyone think we will go English with our first pick. \_0_/
He wasn't even the best ruckman in our under 18's team.
If you assign him to WC at least label him a KPP because his ruck work isn't that flash...... but YES he is tall we got that.

That said you have put a lot of work into this post so thank you for that . :thumbsu:

I do appreciate the effort.
Thanks mate!

i think the selections in the rookie draft give English a chance develop into whatever the club finds his best fit (KPF, KPD, Ruck). with Strnadica and Darcy Cameron filling voids in the meantime and hopefully developing into 200 game players (all 3 will IMO)

i see alot of people linking SPP at 13 and i cant see it happening, i just feel its too much of a reach for someone who has an issue with their kicking!

Enourmous effort doing a rookie draft but GC have stated they want to re-rookie Schade and Brooksby, so no room for Rioli and Leslie. .
Ah yep, completely forgot about Schade! i havnt seen the Brooksby promise TBH, i thought there is a sneaky chance he ends up at the power

Great stuff, I have some players in different spots obviously but I'm always interested in other's opinions so thanks for posting.
Great effort to go right through to doing a phantom rookie draft as well.

Just for my team Essendon - I'd want us to at least look at a ruckman in the rookie draft as we currently only have 2 on the list (Berger and Bellchambers). Though I believe we are likely to rookie list McKernan and Eades.

Great stuff, I have some players in different spots obviously but I'm always interested in other's opinions so thanks for posting.
Great effort to go right through to doing a phantom rookie draft as well.

Just for my team Essendon - I'd want us to at least look at a ruckman in the rookie draft as we currently only have 2 on the list (Berger and Bellchambers). Though I believe we are likely to rookie list McKernan and Eades.
Yeah i didnt take into consideration re-rookies of delisted players. there are ruckman in this draft but the right ruckman might be hard to find. i think they can cover with McKernan for 2017 before having a look at Callum Coleman-Jones or even the academy boys in Crossley and Richards in the 2017 draft who all look a step above this years ruckman,

Yeah Ashcroft was quoted in our local rag last Friday. Is training with us but if Port pick him first, he is fair game..
Think port will take him, dont see why because i honestly dont rate him as an AFL ruckman

Good stuff mate. At this stage, it looks like Crows will be making five selections. Think you missed out our pick 67?

Like the Venables/Atley combination, though

Yeah i didnt take into consideration re-rookies of delisted players. there are ruckman in this draft but the right ruckman might be hard to find. i think they can cover with McKernan for 2017 before having a look at Callum Coleman-Jones or even the academy boys in Crossley and Richards in the 2017 draft who all look a step above this years ruckman,
All good. I'd think we'd look at someone like Ladhams with pick 1 in the rookie draft. Otherwise I'd be happy with the players selected in the national draft so that's all good :thumbsu:

Good stuff mate. At this stage, it looks like Crows will be making five selections. Think you missed out our pick 67?

Like the Venables/Atley combination, though
Crows lost it due to the bid on Jarman at 54, should have come back in at the end tho but i passed it, Most clubs will run under the list cap for 2017 to bank the 5% cap space so they may chase free agents hard in future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good. I'd think we'd look at someone like Ladhams with pick 1 in the rookie draft. Otherwise I'd be happy with the players selected in the national draft so that's all good :thumbsu:
Would you go McGrath or McCluggage at 1? i cant see them going McGrath but alot of people at starting to move that way

Thanks mate!

i think the selections in the rookie draft give English a chance develop into whatever the club finds his best fit (KPF, KPD, Ruck). with Strnadica and Darcy Cameron filling voids in the meantime and hopefully developing into 200 game players (all 3 will IMO)

i see alot of people linking SPP at 13 and i cant see it happening, i just feel its too much of a reach for someone who has an issue with their kicking!

SPP's kicking is not that bad as you suggest and I would be happy to take him at our first, people focus on his faults rather than his points of difference.
I make that comment having watched him play more than 10 games live.... he is a rare talent he does things others just cant do.
And if his kicking was a grade above where it is he would be touted as THE # 1 selection

Darcy Cameron is a player I would take before Strnadica . DC 's short comings where never talent related he just needed to mature as a person , and he now has .

If your looking at WA kids for a rookie spot, you may want to check out Bailey Banfield, high possession gathering mid, tough as teak and a tackling machine.

Like I said earlier I like your work and kudos to you for putting it out there for Dicks like me to criticise .

PS : Goddard is a much better ruck man than English.

Crows lost it due to the bid on Jarman at 54, should have come back in at the end tho but i passed it, Most clubs will run under the list cap for 2017 to bank the 5% cap space so they may chase free agents hard in future
I'm assuming we'd bid on Jarman using 53 (or whatever it is when it's pushed down). We'd still have 67 to use.

SPP's kicking is not that bad as you suggest and I would be happy to take him at our first, people focus on his faults rather than his points of difference.
I make that comment having watched him play more than 10 games live.... he is a rare talent he does things others just cant do.
And if his kicking was a grade above where it is he would be touted as THE # 1 selection

Darcy Cameron is a player I would take before Strnadica . DC 's short comings where never talent related he just needed to mature as a person , and he now has .

If your looking at WA kids for a rookie spot, you may want to check out Bailey Banfield, high possession gathering mid, tough as teak and a tackling machine.

Like I said earlier I like your work and kudos to you for putting it out there for Dicks like me to criticise .

PS : Goddard is a much better ruck man than English.
haha criticism isnt an issue as footy is an opinion generated industry.

Banfield goes to freo at 39 in the rookie draft.

SPP i have seen once life, they got absolutely pumped by SA and Zac Fisher played a 10/10 game. Hope he proves me wrong with his kicking but i dont like draftees who have kicking issues as most kids cant change their poor habits, it only gets worse once they start playing AFL as it is quicker and they have less time to execute their skills.

Would you go McGrath or McCluggage at 1? i cant see them going McGrath but alot of people at starting to move that way
Personally I would go McCluggage. I could understand going either way though. In the end it's just going to come down to the opinion of the Essendon recruiting team. I think McCluggage's ability to read the game unfolding in front of him is under rated, so many times he just knows where to go to get the ball or intercept the ball. He then uses it so well forward of centre. Hard to find players like that. I think one of the reasons people don't rate him so highly is because it's hard to find a player comparison and he doesn't fit the usual bill people are looking for in a top midfielder in being an inside bull or an outside midfielder with a tonne of pace. What he does instead is predict where the ball is going to be, get there first and use it really well. Add to that the fact he didn't even have a pre-season this year and he has had a huge amount of improvement and I personally believe his ceiling is massive.

McGrath undoubtedly looks like a really good prospect as well and I have nothing bad to say about him so it will be interesting.

Another rumor is that we're into Setterfield, though even if we are we might not get him if GWS match a possible bid.

this isn't a criticism as much as a question. When you look at these phantom drafts you are not taking into consideration picks lost for points . For example there is no way GWS will use their latter picks on a speculative round three player when they are shedding previous round two and one picks to get the cap. The latter picks are there for points for academy player bids. I know its complicated but if you then took that into consideration and every moved up five places players like Mutch are going to fall to picks initially positioned much later than they are rated .

I'm assuming we'd bid on Jarman using 53 (or whatever it is when it's pushed down). We'd still have 67 to use.
Nah Atley was taken with 51 (53 before bidding) then matched Jarman with
Personally I would go McCluggage. I could understand going either way though. In the end it's just going to come down to the opinion of the Essendon recruiting team. I think McCluggage's ability to read the game unfolding in front of him is under rated, so many times he just knows where to go to get the ball or intercept the ball. He then uses it so well forward of centre. Hard to find players like that. I think one of the reasons people don't rate him so highly is because it's hard to find a player comparison and he doesn't fit the usual bill people are looking for in a top midfielder in being an inside bull or an outside midfielder with a tonne of pace. What he does instead is predict where the ball is going to be, get there first and use it really well. Add to that the fact he didn't even have a pre-season this year and he has had a huge amount of improvement and I personally believe his ceiling is massive.

McGrath undoubtedly looks like a really good prospect as well and I have nothing bad to say about him so it will be interesting.

Another rumor is that we're into Setterfield, though even if we are we might not get him if GWS match a possible bid.
Setterfield would be a better fit for Essendon, but it wont be an academy kid unless essendon are 100% the club wont match. its alot easier to do marketing around the number 1 pick then it is number 2. Ainsworth and Taranto are the match winners in this draft with bucket loads of x factor. McCluggage is Mr consistant, professional and will be a 250+ gamer while McGrath is ready to go at half back in 2017 and will play 250+ games also. Setterfield and Scrimshaw have the potential to be the best players in this draft but dont have have that question mark around them. Could be alot more open top 6-8 then we think, especially if the first 3 everyone is banking on doesnt eventuate.

haha criticism isnt an issue as footy is an opinion generated industry.

Banfield goes to freo at 39 in the rookie draft. My bad.

SPP i have seen once life, they got absolutely pumped by SA and Zac Fisher played a 10/10 game. Hope he proves me wrong with his kicking but i dont like draftees who have kicking issues as most kids cant change their poor habits, it only gets worse once they start playing AFL as it is quicker and they have less time to execute their skills.

UMMM fair reply however lets just agree to disagree as he does also nail a lot of passes lace out and jails a lot of goals from deep range.
He does however sometimes shank kicks on the run because he goes like a bull in a china shop, full on warp speed , ( nothing wrong with his set shot kicking ) he can kick well, but what he needs to master is not kicking skills its composure in the execution of kicking , he needs to take a step or two to steady before he launches.... thats teachable , where as ball drop and biomechanics are a different story to correct. He has genuine pace he needs to learn how to get separation with his pace and then take a tad longer in the final kicking action.

CLUB BY CLUB
Adelaide

National: Daniel Venables, Joseph Atley, Ben Jarman
Rookie: Jamie Hampton, Brayden Kirk, Kaine Stevens, Toby Pink

Brisbane

National: Ben Ainsworth, Alex Witherden, Sam Powell-Pepper, Cedric Cox, Jacob Allison, Declan Watson
Rookie: Patrick Lipinski, Liam Ryan, Jermaine Jones, Jack Rolls

Carlton

National: Will Brodie, Patrick Kerr, Ben Long, Tom Williamson, Brodie Romensky, Corey Lyons
Rookie: Kym LeBois, Sam Fowler, Dylan Whimpress, Hisham Kerbatieh

Collingwood

National: Josh Rotham, Callum Brown, Josh Daicos, Tony Olango
Rookie: Lachlan Tiziani, Matt Signorello, Ben Ronke, Tom Stewart

Essendon

National: Hugh McCluggage, Josh Battle, Will Drew, Josh Begley, Tyson Stengle
Rookie: Liam Baker, Jarrod Lienert, Harrison Pearce, Lachlan Walker

Fremantle

National: Sam Petrevski-Seaton, Brandan Parfitt, Matt Guelfi, Quinton Narkle
Rookie: Cameron Zurharr, Noah Hura, Bailey Banfield, Mason Shaw

Geelong

National: Brennan Cox, Jack Henry, Jack Graham, Esava Ratugolea, Mitch Hinge, Elliot Himmelberg
Rookie: Zach Guthrie, Jarrod Korewha, Jordan Sweet, Sam Simpson

Gold Coast

National: Tim Taranto, Jack Bowes, Jack Scrimshaw, Jy Simpkin, Brad Scheer
Rookie: Willie Rioli, Will Leslie, Daniel Charlesworth, Max Spencer

GWS

National: Andrew McGrath, Harry Perryman, Will Setterfield, Zach Sproule, Harrison Macreadie, Kobe Mutch
Rookie: Lachlan Filopovic, Jordan Harper, Max Lynch, Sam Fisher

Hawthorn

National: Bailey Morrish, Luke Bunker
Rookie: Alex Villis, Jack Roughesedge, Ari Sakeson, Robbie Fox

Melbourne

National: Hamish Brayshaw, Oscar McInerney, Steven Slimming
Rookie: Alex Mastromanno, James Cousins, Rohan Armstrong, Connor Byrne

North Melbourne

National: Oliver Florent, Taylin Duman, Luke Ryan, Tye Bedford
Rookie: Sean Darcy, Mitch Carter, Jake Brown, Andrew Boston

Port Adelaide

National: Todd Marshall, Jordan Gallucci, Jonty Scharenberg, Zac Fisher
Rookie: Peter Ladhams, Jake Pitman, Brett Eddy, Luke Reynolds

Richmond

National: Jodan Ridley, Kayle Kirby, Ben Davis
Rookie: Liam Mackie, Lewis Young, Reece Piper, Michael Gibbons

St Kilda

National: Dylan Clarke, Myles Poholke, Oscar Junker, Conor Noonan
Rookie: Lachlan Cameron, Jackson Lee, Jy Bolton, Oliver Hanrahan

Sydney

National: Griffin Logue, Jarrod Berry, Josh Williams, Ryan Garthwaite
Rookie: Sam McLarty, Louis Cunningham, Matt Wilson, Ryan Hebron

West Coast

National: Tim English, Shai Bolton, Jake Waterman,
Rookie: Luke Strnadica, Darcy Cameron, Calvin Thorne, Tom Charlton

Western Bulldogs

National: Will Hayward, Jack Maibaum, Sam Walker, Harry Morrison, Judah Dundon
Rookie: Mitch McCarthy, Nick Larkey, Sam McLachlan, Michael Romero

Theres only on thing you left out. Category b international rookies.

You have done alot of work here which is quite sensational..how do you know all these names? And how did you come to your conclusions on the pics..ND.ROOKIE etc

3 defenders...

I would want to vomit!

We need pace, and we need at least 2 of our 3 picks (or at least 1 at an absolute utter minimum) to address that. Logue is okay (isn't my choice but that's fine). I rate Berry but if we go him with players on the board who have leg speed we are not addressing our needs. We were burnt on GF day on the outside, we were burnt by GWS in the 2 games we lost on the outside. We need speed.

Remove this Banner Ad

APSS Full Phantom Draft (Nat + Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back