19. Collingwood - Ned Long
20. Richmond - PASS
21. Brisbane - Darcy Craven
22. Adelaide - PASS
23. Brisbane - PASS

Last edited:
Pick 20 - Richmond

P. Ass

The Ass family will be busy for the remainder of the season.

The Simpsons Dance GIF

So no howes after all that? hmmm also stunned to see long back on a list with that kicking action

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The melts on the Richmond board for passing on our third pick is delectable - grab some popcorn and come on over
didn't need to use it. If the trade capital for a 7th rd pick in November is worth more to clubs needing Academy players, then that's a far better option.

didn't need to use it. If the trade capital for a 7th rd pick in November is worth more to clubs needing Academy players, then that's a far better option.
That doesn't make any sense. You think having a seventh round pick is better than finding an AFL quality player that you want to upgrade onto the main list at the end of the year?

That doesn't make any sense. You think having a seventh round pick is better than finding an AFL quality player that you want to upgrade onto the main list at the end of the year?
you miss my point - we have a stack of picks. If trading a bundle of those picks (for the draft points required to pick up Academy, Father/Son players) gets us a significant upgrade in the proper draft, i.e. pick 20 to pick 12, that's a far better result for us IMO than picking up players who have already been overlooked at least once and are at the back end of this draft.

The proper draft nerds will be able to explain this better.

you miss my point - we have a stack of picks. If trading a bundle of those picks (for the draft points required to pick up Academy, Father/Son players) gets us a significant upgrade in the proper draft, i.e. pick 20 to pick 12, that's a far better result for us IMO than picking up players who have already been overlooked at least once and are at the back end of this draft.

The proper draft nerds will be able to explain this better.
I understand that, but you miss my point. Picking up a third player in the MSD doesn't affect our national draft selections unless we want to upgrade them to the main list. In which case, the equation becomes known AFL-standard player v draft points.

I understand that, but you miss my point. Picking up a third player in the MSD doesn't affect our national draft selections unless we want to upgrade them to the main list. In which case, the equation becomes known AFL-standard player v draft points.
fair point - I thought they went straight onto the main list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Mid Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back