17. Brisbane - Luke Beecken
18. Adelaide - PASS
19. Collingwood - Ned Long
20. Richmond - PASS
21. Brisbane - Darcy Craven
22. Adelaide - PASS
23. Brisbane - PASS

Last edited:
Gray would be next to no chance to debut.
You were down to about 25 fit players last week weren't you? He has to be chance!

But I suspect you'll take at least a month of looking at him in a new and full time system and if you get back to anything near a healthy list he'll be a fair way down until the back end of the year. Where as Blight could be thrown in within a month if he translates WAFL from to VFL form.

You were down to about 25 fit players last week weren't you? He has to be chance!

But I suspect you'll take at least a month of looking at him in a new and full time system and if you get back to anything near a healthy list he'll be a fair way down until the back end of the year. Where as Blight could be thrown in within a month if he translates WAFL from to VFL form.
Some are starting to come back.

by time he settles in Lynch will be back.

Blight I could see getting a game to push Balta back forward. Tbh he's probably an upgrade on Tylar Young.

I could see Saad playing in the next few weeks. Will be interesting to see how he is used in the vfl this weekend. I suspect off half back but we have Davey in the ones doin not a great amount.. SEH could come in to his spot and play a similar role of chase and pressure

I could see Saad playing in the next few weeks. Will be interesting to see how he is used in the vfl this weekend. I suspect off half back but we have Davey in the ones doin not a great amount.. SEH could come in to his spot and play a similar role of chase and pressure
Didn’t u recruit Lual to play HB? Can’t see him being groomed for HB. Bombers have stax of em.

There’s no difference when it comes to playing games during the season but the 2 v 1 year deals are still pretty significant. A lot of kids wouldn’t get picked if clubs had to hand them 2 year deals

That can be solved pretty easily though.
3 year deal picks 1-30
2 yr 31-60
1 yr 61+

Wouldn’t even need a rookie draft. Cat B and the pre season selections should stay though.
Or even easier (and better), still have the two drafts just the rookie draft is one year contracts. But both are senior listed.

Didn’t u recruit Lual to play HB? Can’t see him being groomed for HB. Bombers have stax of em.
And Roberts, although he’s been playing wing in the VFL. El-Hawli may very well play small forward.

Reading more on him, what was the knock to let him last? Just age and only half a season of performance? Or something else? Seems to tick all the AFL attribute list with no weaknesses and a number of strengths.

Lual is more small defender than aggressive flanker. Roberts playing a wing.

Blight looks a very tidy pick and someone who will play AFL soon and have an impact.

Gray I will admit I know next to nothing about and given he's only just started playing state league footy from local footy a few months ago I would be stunned if he forged a career as an AFL player.

He had his hands full yesterday. The wizard was far too good for him.
Lual is further behind in his development. I know they're the same age but one went top 5 and the other near pick 40 for a reason.

Lual is further behind in his development. I know they're the same age but one went top 5 and the other near pick 40 for a reason.
He sure is. He’ll need to improve his speed and smarts if he’s going to be a small defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A name that I didn’t hear during the MSD discussions was Sam Sofronidis. He was hot property in the pre season. Why wasn’t he a MSD prospect?

Cooper Lord confirmed as the latest member of the 2024 mid season draft class to debut at senior level.

Has been very impressive for Carlton at reserve level, and now gets an opportunity under difficult circumstances for the club.
Fun fact a few of the North coaches would have played Lord in front of Phillips. Of course that wasn’t possible. Hope he goes well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Mid Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back