Are England Europe's main hopes for World Cup glory?

Remove this Banner Ad

Knowledge said:
Croatia??!Romania??

Mate pass the doobie to your left.

If either of these teams even get near to winning the world cup. I will eat my shorts.
Well Knowledge, you must know nothing about soccer. If you keep up to date with all the results/teams you would of noticed that both of those teams are doing well. Romania bet Netherlands recently 3-2 I think it was in a friendly and Croatia, they reached the Semi's in the last World Cup and got to the Semi's in Euro so for you to say they got no chance, I don't know what your smoking buddy..

Hasus said:
Well Knowledge, you must know nothing about soccer. If you keep up to date with all the results/teams you would of noticed that both of those teams are doing well. Romania bet Netherlands recently 3-2 I think it was in a friendly and Croatia, they reached the Semi's in the last World Cup and got to the Semi's in Euro so for you to say they got no chance, I don't know what your smoking buddy..

Of course I know absolutly nothing about Soccer. Oh, how correct you are. :rolleyes:

That is why you think tha Croatia reached the Semi's in the last worldcup. Might want to check that again.I think the world cup you're searching for was 1998. Semi's in the Euro?They didn't even make it out of the group stages.

If Romania were so good. You would think they would atleast be 2nd in their group. Also it is obvious you are just bitter because I am Serbian and you follow Croatia.

As for Serbia it is true we haven't done anything in a while. But we have a new group of young players coming through and are starting to play some real good team football. We should of beat spain the other night, Kezman had a golden opportunity. If we beat Spain we would have been through.

Also I never said that neither team would Qualify I just said that neither of them will win the world cup. Croatia are a very good team I just don't think they have what it takes to beat Argentina, Brazil etc

Hasus said:

The Dutch just beat the Romanians 2-0 in Bucharest. The Romanians are in 3rd spot 3 points behind the Dutch and 2 points behind the Czechs and having played one more game than each. They have no chance unless they can beat the Dutch in the Netherlands in June.

Lowie01 said:
With all the talent England currently have at their disposal in all positions on the park, I believe they may be the only European team capable of challenging Argentina and Brazil at World Cup 2006. Robinson is a stable goalkeeper, the back four is the equal of any in the world, Joe Cole just may be the man to fill the vacancy on the left (with Downing as a back-up), two world-class midfielders, Golden Balls, Wonder Wayne and Midget Michael.

Of all of the major European nations, Portugal, Netherlands and Germany as hosts are all very good and will be tough, France, Italy and Spain's reputations are bigger than their game and surely Greece can't do it again. But if the trophy is to return to Europe next year, I believe England are in the best position to do it.

Thoughts?

I think England do not have what it takes to go all the way. At best they could make a semi final I think.

Don't write Italy off, we've just been unfortunate to have Trap as our coach for the last 2 tournaments. Lippi is here now, the old guard is out, and there will be a new flavour to the team come Germany.

And never write off France either.

Hasus said:
They will make it, they are 3 points behind Ukraine at the moment but Greece will qualify dont worry about that.
Ukraine 7 5 2 0 12 3 17
Greece 7 4 2 1 12 6 14
Turkey 7 3 3 1 13 7 12
With Greece to play Turkey at home the tables could turn on Greece if they lose. Im not sold on them yet.

Cuneyt said:
Ukraine 7 5 2 0 12 3 17
Greece 7 4 2 1 12 6 14
Turkey 7 3 3 1 13 7 12
With Greece to play Turkey at home the tables could turn on Greece if they lose. Im not sold on them yet.

True, however i dont think greece is scared of turkey, when your the champs of europe you dont need to be afraid of anything, and the team isnt, confidence is high.

After turkey v greece, ukraine travel to athens, greece hasnt lost at home for a long time, greece drew 1-1 in kiev, ukraine has a history of chocking towards the business end of qualifying, plus the turks need to travel to kiev as well so someone will lose points in that one.

Its so weird, if greece were to finish 2nd, and had to play france in a playoff or something, greece would start favourites, who would have thought that 2 years ago lol.

Cant believe denmark is out of the race already, down to 3.

you guys must be smoking crac or something because there is absolutely no chance that Serbia, Croatia or Romania has any chance at even getting to the quarter finals of the world cup. These teams have one or two star players, but are missing a crucial aspect... DEPTH. Depth is crucial... one player (with the possible exception of Marradonna) has never won a world cup, and it would be criminal to compare Mateja Kezman or Prso to Marradonna as they are clearly no way near him. England has a team built around stars (Lampard, who in my opinion is the best player in the world at the moment, Rooney, Joe Cole who will finally be able to fill the dreaded left mid, and David Beckham) but with depth throughout the team.... especially in the positions that count ie. CENTREBACKS TERRY CAMPBELL BROWN FERDINAND KING. ENGLAND, ITALY (BORING) and CZECH REPUBLIC (ROSICKY & BARROS) and the tactically perfect GREEKS are the only realistic chances for European world cup success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are England Europe's main hopes for World Cup glory?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back