MarkMiller93

Debutant
Sep 22, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
I know it's an outsider, but does anyone else believe they are a genuine top 4 candidate?
Sure, only 2 rounds have been played, and they did lose to Sydney, but they played very good football against Geelong, and displayed courage in their fight-back against Sydney (if Mzungu was given that free he deserved 10m out, who knows what the result could've ended up as?).
I just feel Fremantle have a better list than they're given credit for, they started last season 4-1 after round 5, but were severely stricken with injuries all year (from memory, i believe there was approximately 20 injuries last year in Fremantles list).

Thoughts?

Too many "genuine" top 4 sides already. As mentioned in the other thread. Probably 5 in WC, Cats, Pies, Blues and Hawks. At a guess, Dockers and Swans are the next two though.

Though its doubtful, im hoping for a slight crash from Collingwood.
First round loss and a 3-4 goal win over Richmond, not too impressive early.
The Malthouse/Buckley switch could hurt in such a tight competition.

we'll know about two thirds of the way. ross sounds like he's still trying things out and getting to know the players, so until everyone gets a better grip on the whatnots we should give a contest but will go up and down a bit. it should be our goal, but top 8 is realistic.

No

I can't see it, there's just to many top teams this year for an good but not great team like Freo to slip in the top 4 like Norths 2007, St Kilda 2008.

No

I can't see it, there's just to many top teams this year for an good but not great team like Freo to slip in the top 4 like Norths 2007, St Kilda 2008.

We only made the top 4 in 07 because of a devoid of teams actually trying to win, not as many teams tanking now.

Nope, I don't see Ross making a massive difference. Enjoy the honeymoon period Adelaide and Freo because similar performances to that of 2011 are just around the corner. As has been said above there a 5 teams better than the rest leaving Freo no chance of top 4.

im a die hard freo supporter but being honest, we will have to do well to make the 8. for too long we have been a club that accepts mediocraty, if we ever want to give the premiership a crack we have to beat good teams consistently, home or away. 2 years ago when we played collingwood in perth, collingwood beat us by 36, but all the supporters went around saying, it was good and we will make top 4. absolute rubbish, whats the point of that, you have to beat the top teams, otherwise you wont win a flag, that simple. so to answer your question, no we cant make the top 4 and we will probably make the 8 get knocked out first round of finals and the supporters will say the season was a success, which is rubbish

Good list is a myth. Pavlich is past his peak and Sandilands is injury prone.

Their bottom 10 of their best 22 is very ordinary. Besides the 2 new teams Freo would be bottom 4 in this department. Poor fowardline.

cant win away from Subi either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im a die hard freo supporter but being honest, we will have to do well to make the 8.

So which is it? Will we have to do well to make the 8 or are we accepting mediocrity if we only make the 8. Your post is all over the place.

Should make the top 8 at the least barring injuries like last year. How high up the ladder they finish will depend on how many wins away from home they can pinch as they should win just about all their home games against the interstate teams.

Need to beat teams like Sydney to be a top four team imo.

Still got a couple of their best player out though.

you cant judge their season to be based on one loss. Sydney are a good team anyway. Geelong won the premiership last year and also lost to essendon that year, they still deserved top 4 and the premiership they earnt.

you cant judge their season to be based on one loss. Sydney are a good team anyway. Geelong won the premiership last year and also lost to essendon that year, they still deserved top 4 and the premiership they earnt.

Yes but Fremantle so far are 1 from 2, and haven't spent the last few years at the top. You can't compare them to geelong.

So realistically you can't judge there season on 1 win either.

I'm not, I'm saying they look impressive, and just asking for opinions on whether or not people think they could make top 4.
they were very very unlucky with injury last year, looking very good early in the season.
Mundy expected back very shortly, could be a dangerous line up.

Top 4? Nope. Gotta beat teams like Sydney to get in the 4. Freo should win most of their home games, but grabbing points from other teams like Sydney who should finish around Freo are crucial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Fremantle a top 4 candidate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back