Are St Kilda really that good?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you listen to great luminaries like the Fireman, If Lyon had played Armitage in last years GF, St Kilda would have won. But in his great wisdom, Firey says Lyon didnt play him because he wanted to protect Armitage from the bigger bodied Geelong players, saving him for subsequent years.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I put it to you, if you knew the baby jesus would win you a flag this year, but wouldn't be around to save the world because of this fact, you'd still play him. The world can save itself.
Me thinks this fireman spends way too much time sliding up and down his pole.

The ever optimistic Cat supporter, Veedubs, has again written his team off. For the 37th time in 3 years.
All I'm saying is that IMO, Saints will play in this year's GF because they are that good when it counts. I have not written off Geelong, but in all modesty and honesty, I believe Saints will be there. Maybe vs Geelong or Pies or Hawks or Dogs. Nothing more or less. If that's writing off Geelong so be it. I NEVER like to mouth off about my team, not the way I was brought up.

:rolleyes: And what teams have won the past 3 GF's? And in addition, what team flogged you yesterday?

Not understanding your post?

I said Bomber and perhaps Clarko are the only coaches who are not under the same kind of pressure, given they have delivered the ultimate in recent years?

:rolleyes:

was a stupid question when we beat you guys and its a stupid question now

Thankyou, thankyou and thankyou. Someone has finally worked out the point to the thread. Interestingly not many people found it a stupid question when the same thread was started about Collingwood in Rd 3.

Thankyou, thankyou and thankyou. Someone has finally worked out the point to the thread. Interestingly not many people found it a stupid question when the same thread was started about Collingwood in Rd 3.

It was a valid question for Collingwood in Rd.3 because up until that point you hadn't beaten the top two teams, Geelong and St Kilda. It isn't a valid question for St Kilda now because we have already proven we can beat the top teams.

Yesterday was an aberration from our normal form, probably the worst I have seen us play in the last couple of seasons. Combine that with the fact that Dal Santo was out and both Riewoldt and Gram are underdone coming back from injury and we were well below our best.

To write us off as being no that good after one loss is stupid, even by Collingwood supporters standards. Finals is where teams are judged, not Rd.16.

Dunno about "that" good but they are pretty damn good. Collingwood are on top for now so they deserve some credit. They jumped a hurdle some said said they couldn't. It wouldn't be worth making a big deal about except that so many of that some were arrogant Saints fans so the satisfaction levels from the win are heightened for me and no doubt many other Pies fans that frequent this joint.

So here we are after a good portion of the season and we can safely say Geelong are a big chance and the Saints are one of 3 teams that might just be able to knock them off if a lot goes right. Pies are up there and Hawks are coming. Dogs have a fair bit of ground to make up and that's it.

Anyway, Collingwood haven't beaten anyone currently above them so settle down Pies fns!

Dunno about "that" good but they are pretty damn good. Collingwood are on top for now so they deserve some credit. They jumped a hurdle some said said they couldn't. It wouldn't be worth making a big deal about except that so many of that some were arrogant Saints fans so the satisfaction levels from the win are heightened for me and no doubt many other Pies fans that frequent this joint.

So here we are after a good portion of the season and we can safely say Geelong are a big chance and the Saints are one of 3 teams that might just be able to knock them off if a lot goes right. Pies are up there and Hawks are coming. Dogs have a fair bit of ground to make up and that's it.

Anyway, Collingwood haven't beaten anyone currently above them so settle down Pies fns!

Pretty much on the money here.

They've been the best team over the last 18 months but they are nowhere near the side of Geelong's 07 outfit or even probably Hawthorn's team of 08. In a year where there is no outstanding team they could probably win a Flag. They are the team I'd like to avoid in September.

The question was asked whether Collingwood was good enough when St Kilda beat us. We must now pose whether St Kilda are really that good. 6 goals on a perfect day, another failure in front of a big crowd and Milne failing again when it counts. Are St Kilda really that good?

Pies are getting carried away and have to beat the catters if u want credit - and in a few weeks we'll all be on here again asking if collingwood is any good cos they couldnt get the job done. You guys beat the saints this time so enjoy it cos in my opinion its prob the last win against either of last years grand finalists this year.....

Pies are getting carried away and have to beat the catters if u want credit - and in a few weeks we'll all be on here again asking if collingwood is any good cos they couldnt get the job done. You guys beat the saints this time so enjoy it cos in my opinion its prob the last win against either of last years grand finalists this year.....

Actually that could be said for Geelong and that's for BOTH of the last 2 years grand finalists. On the other hand Collingwood will probably beat Geelong and/or Hawthorn.

Not understanding your post?

I said Bomber and perhaps Clarko are the only coaches who are not under the same kind of pressure, given they have delivered the ultimate in recent years?

Every coach is under pressure to deliver success. But no coach more so, in my opinion, is under more pressure to deliver the ultimate success than Ross Lyon. The Saints are regarded as the next in line to take over over from Geelong, you finished top of the ladder last year and couldn't get it done, and are second favourite for the flag this year (having already beaten the reigning premiers) and given Lyon's recruiting tactics and style of play Saints fans, the media and football followers in general know the time is now to win a 2nd ever flag. If he doesn't the fall from grace will be swift looking at your list, and the backlash, I am tipping, immense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they are, the ladder is the best reflection of how good sides are. Along with Geelong & Collingwood they are genuine flag chances

Well they have a strong mature list, they play there style of footy albeit a 'lock down' style to a tee...the Pies on the weekend showed that playing the Saints on your terms is a far better way to go...do not get involved in man on man, in close contests as you will come unstuck, get the ball clear, run and shoot goals from outside 50M to beat the extra man back...

are they really that good? yes, at what they do...is it enough for a flag. the jury is still out...:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Are St Kilda really that good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back